ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 240153
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Carlie I think he was doing the opposite.Anyways I hope Zophia manages to submit hers before it ends.I know I am a competitor,but I want to see what she has,as well as some others.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, I would like to extend this one, but I will not be here next week for judging, so I wanted to allow 2 more before I left. If you guys prefer, I could extend the deadline for this one, and ask a moderator to fill in for the judging on the next battle. This would space it out a little, and allow for more of the entries to be submitted. What do you guys think?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Sure, good idea. Gives more time for me to think.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

oh my, the confusion i've caused.
sorry carlie...
you know wut, i'll just not participate in this contest. Please ignore my post, since i have no intention of getting banned

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Aww, and I just stopped being lazy because I thought the deadline was close!
Anyway, I'll give you a new preview, even though I have it completely finished with colours and lights and everything!
It has turned out really great! Seriously! Oh feck, why have you boosted my self confidence so much?? I sound like I'm bragging... >.>

Some info about the file: 22 layers (could have used less, but I was lazy), 620x422, 2,7 MB, started September 6th, finished September 8th, estimated work time 4-7 hours...

Now, the reason I will only post a preview right now, is (besides creating suspense) because my girlfriend got inspired by the picture and is writing a little story for the scene, which I intend to post along with the picture. She should be done with it sometime tomorrow.
ANYWAY!

You don't stand a chance
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Technologycopycopy.jpg

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hey Carlie, I'll help out if you don't mind. Do I get to choose the theme in your absence? I have a few ideas....

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hey Carlie, I'll help out if you don't mind. Do I get to choose the theme in your absence? I have a few ideas....

Of course =)

Ok, so how about I push the deadline back to Wednesday, September 10. And I will discuss the next one with Estel, who will judge in my absence =)
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Alright then.
I guess I'll post mine for real tomorrow or Tuesday, with the new deadline. And yay, will get back to the internet just in time for the judging!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yep, Zophia, that's definitely coming along...this will be a really good round, I know it.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation. Will bust a gut in Open Canvas to finish my piece either tonight, or tomorrow night and will upload it by Wednesday. Color balance may be off due to my laptop screen having low color fidelity D:

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Probably too big for the screen. Hope I am not too late for the electronics one? Or technology or whatever? Here it is. Our future: Termitoaster.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6724/terminatorqk0.png

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6724/terminatorqk0.png

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

P.S. I want to judge in abseeeeence. I know what you're judging is like, I've been here the entire time. Or Strop. It for sure needs to be someone really well versed in photoshop and/or drawing so they can spot where the actual work is done, if you catch my drift! :P

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

That is awesome Klaus I think its cool.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Nice one Klaus, could be a really cool toaster to have.
And well drawn too, with good proportions on the face and all.

Also, hope you find the time, you busy Strop!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Klaushouse,even though it looks cool.I get the feeling that it would burn my toast.I want to see what some of the others have,as finished products.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

lol crimson xD

Klaus, all I have to say is, its the TOASTINATOR! xD

Showing 1126-1140 of 1176