ForumsWEPREgypt massacre *Links May Contain Graphic Images And Videos*

73 29856
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I have never cried in adult life and seen very graphic things.
But this made me cry.
god can one be so cruel?

• 73 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Are you suggesting that our (Israel) election are infected with corruption?

No I am saying unlike you, we had no saying in his actions and public opinion did not affect him.
Unlike some other places in the world, in Israel a prime minister is voted by the peoples, and in the far future thing like this wont happen.
Seconedly, i never saw a party in pakistan who support reunion with India. But there are some in Israel. When Pakistan is in waaar, no one dare question it.
Unlike Israel.

And again, claim that Israel is the devil. This is something you muslims are very good at.

BTW i voted for Yair Lapid. He got 18 seats. Netanyaho got 31 while comebined with another party. You know what, here a link .

You can say many things about Israel. But claiming we are not democracy is a lie.

And by what source do you claim thus? Personal feelings or the biasd Pakistani media which dosent afraid to say there ideas of what should happen to Israel?

And now a question - is the general belifs "In the street" in Pakistan about Israel is that we are corrupted?

I really don't know how you got this notion
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... And another piece:

[...] But what do we have if not our beliefs? They are the foundation of our actions, of our identities. And it was transformative: the belief we all shared, for a moment, in each other. In an eternity of disappointment and greed and malice that moment, that moment in which being human was finally worth something, in which having a community was preferable to being alone with a book, had a value that will never be lost. You cannot underestimate how important these two and half years have been for people, how empowered, how unafraid people were. The existence of the revolution should not be confused with the existence of a political leadership and process. The revolution is dead when we say itâs dead. The revolution is dead when we will no longer die for it. [...]

Everything was possible, Omar Robert Hamilton, Mada Masr.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Punisher, sorry. I thought you wete sarcastic. Old habits i guese.

Now im a bit confused - who is against who?

The Muslim brotherhood fought Islamic organizations in Sinai.
Anti-Morsi protesters dont like Sisi and afcours dont like Morsi and the MB.
The army just want to hold the power.
The Muslim brotherhood was much more calm and peacefull toward Israel then these Students and scholar protesters who yell "death to the jews"
And lets not even mention the hate toward USA for not picking a side.

Its look like Eygpt is in some deep **** of factions and hate. Everyone hate everyone else.

What can be the sollution? Will Sisi fall too?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The US *did* pick a side. Unfortunately, most of its members are now sitting in prison thanks to the Egyptian Army.

What I feel the US ought to do is support the Egyptian Army. They'll very likely win anyways, and it would provide a stabilizing factor for the country. Same reason why I think Assad ought to be supported in Syria: Stability, and better the despot I know then the islamist/rebel I don't.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What I feel the US ought to do is support the Egyptian Army.

It's usually good to help the winning side to gain an ally, but if they're open about it, it's a bit counterintuitive to the "Democracy is best" policy.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

What I feel the US ought to do is support the Egyptian Army.

The US does support the Egyptian Army, and has been for years. The question is whether the US should continue to support Egypt's army, despite their decidedly undemocratic actions.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

It's usually good to help the winning side to gain an ally, but if they're open about it, it's a bit counterintuitive to the "Democracy is best" policy.

Ally would be great, if only to prevent Moscow or Beijing from getting one. Stability is more a factor for me, what with the Suez Canal and a land border with Israel being in play.

The US does support the Egyptian Army, and has been for years. The question is whether the US should continue to support Egypt's army, despite their decidedly undemocratic actions.

Support, in my case, being open acknowledgement of a government and generally backing it, while yours is provinding military equipment to a nation which has an army.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Ally would be great, if only to prevent Moscow or Beijing from getting one. Stability is more a factor for me, what with the Suez Canal and a land border with Israel being in play.

I agree that strategically (politically, militarily, economically, etc) it would be the best move for America. But it seems very hypocritical when one day the government says "we brought prosperity to [insert formerly oppressed nation] by giving the power of free choice to the people" and then "let's support the guys that overthrew their elected leader and then crushed anyone who opposed them". Being labeled as an enemy of democracy might hurt the polls a bit during election time, and that's currently what they care about.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Support, in my case, being open acknowledgement of a government and generally backing it, while yours is provinding military equipment to a nation which has an army.

I'd argue that, for all intents and purposes, they're one and the same. When our government supplies over a billion dollars in aid to a foreign army and continues to supply that aid even after that army has taken legislative and/or governing power, it sends a clear message how our government feels about the new regime. Likewise, when that aid is suspended, it sends another clear message. Since the aid is still rolling in, I'm think we can safely say that the United States government doesn't (currently) oppose the government and is, financially, backing it. Yes, it's not the same as announcing their stance, but c'mon here. Not everything needs to be said for it to be a reality.

And I expect the United States government will keep on supporting Egypt's military, privately or otherwise, because that support exists for a reason. Whether it was under Morsi or Mubarak, the Egyptian Military was a regional power and supported by the west as a regional power to ensure relative stability in Egypt (key word: relative). We delivered weapons and equipment to their military and provided monetary aid to their military so that the west could continue to safely use the Suez Canal (among other reasons). These incentives still exist today, which is why the White House's hesitance to publicly label the military takeover in Egypt as a coup is so unsurprising.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Tariq Ramadan, Horror in Egypt : Saying it once, saying it again.

[...] The central question was and remains that of freedom and democracy for the Egyptian people. What is happening today in Egypt is a travesty and a horror. The country is now at the merci of the Armed Forces ; Egypt will now experience summary execution, arbitrary imprisonment, torture and lying at the highest state level. The generals are fully supported by the West, the United States and Israel. This is the only reality. Those who, in their visceral hatred of the Islamists, today support the military and the police as they kill and repress must one day answer for their choice. They must also reveal to us their analysis, their âdemocraticâ political program drawn up in the shadow of the barracks, at the heart of corruption, at the storm center of a Middle East that is now adrift. Their responsibility is immense, over and above the bitter taste of the words they use to encourage and to justify the violent repression of unarmed civilians. Wretched âliberalsâ, pathetic âprogressives.â
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Its just dont fun. Whyvall the rebels who in start seen to be so nice and good peopels get swarmed by these Islamic zealots who ruin everything?

Like in Lybia, they wanted freedome but as soon as they overthrew Kadafi, the leader of the opposition (AKA rebels) got killed by these Islamic *******s.

Its just not fair..... Why cant they just die or something these Zealots???

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I agree that strategically (politically, militarily, economically, etc) it would be the best move for America. But it seems very hypocritical when one day the government says "we brought prosperity to [insert formerly oppressed nation] by giving the power of free choice to the people" and then "let's support the guys that overthrew their elected leader and then crushed anyone who opposed them". Being labeled as an enemy of democracy might hurt the polls a bit during election time, and that's currently what they care about.

I vaguely remember a quote by some 19th century politicial or philoskpher as something like "America has no allies or enemies, only interests." Whatever helps The US the most today, I supports. 'Cause thats what its all about. (homey pokey!)

And Hojomo, The Us has suspended most military aid to Egypt. they've also canceled a joint-exercise with Evypt, whoch I would take is *not* a show of support for the Egyptian military.

But I'm not really sure what we're arguing, other than semantics. Which seems a tad frivolous to me...
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Maverick4]Whatever helps The US the most today, I supports.[/quote]

Of course had all your allies at the time followed that logic some 250 years ago, there very likely wouldn't have been any USA, and for all we know you might as well be living under a faraway monarchy still. Democracy, equality, people's rights, huh? Fanatics and extremists, the lot! (Such as indeed it will have been argued, what do you think. All those religious and political radicals and folks weren't shipped abroad for no reason.)

[quote=danielo]Its just dont fun.[/quote]

What gave you the idea these people are fighting and sacrificing their lives for your amusement? Welcome to the real world, where humans are fickle beings and things are far from as neatly clear-cut as many of us might like or imagine them to be.

To make sense of the Egyptian situation, I'm sure the web can be of great assistance to study just its colonial and post-colonial history alone of the past 200 years. Why expect some gaming forum's thread to come up with your easy black-and-white answers.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Of course had all your allies at the time followed that logic some 250 years ago

But this isn't 250 years ago, now is it?

Democracy, equality, people's rights, huh? Fanatics and extremists, the lot! (Such as indeed it will have been argued, what do you think. All those religious and political radicals and folks weren't shipped abroad for no reason.)

lol wut
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Macll, ir was was a joke. I live in Israel, i know what war mean. Dont judge me or yell at me like an angry teacher.

What i meant was that its just so sad how its look like all the sides are bad. Even the one who suppose ro be the good guys gor infected by Radical muslims who dont care about the peopels opinions and just want to bring Trinity and death. All these Salaphi organizations and Al-Quaida. I mean the Rebels who fought Assad wanted Democracy. What these Radical muslims ******** want is anarchy and using the population for there Jihad. They dont care about the Syrian peoples.
They just want ro bring there death stenth with them to Syria. Us the population as human shield and syria resources for there wepones.

Showing 16-30 of 73