ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 507331
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
ThinAir
ThinAir
14 posts
Nomad

Oh crud, only saw the first page here. Only a couple hundred pages behind... =P

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Agreed, lots of contradictions in the bible... And even an omniscient has an attention span right?

No...Especially not a &quoterfect being" and not a one post attention span, as that came next...
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

I don't think God is truly perfect, but he's probably the closest thing. Besides, God did create us humans.. Flaw right there, You see the state of our planet.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Yup^^ by reasoning you can tell that of the three things god is supposed to be (omnipotent, omniscient and allloving) he can't be all three, considered there is evil on earth.

Or that by getting rid of evil he would have to commit an act of evil himself (separating us all and creating loneliness in large amounts), changing human nature, or some other thing like that. If you want get rid of evil, you have to either elimanate certain human fellings, which would change human nature, or you can make it impossible for humans to hurt the world, which is impossible to do without commiting evil.
ThinAir
ThinAir
14 posts
Nomad

@314d1
You quote Proverbs 25:22 as if it were saying "in order to torture and get back at your enemy"...
You use this verse as context to make the previous one seem back-handed. However, if you want to talk about context, you would realise that the phrases "coals of fire" or "burning coals" are used several times in the Bible as metaphors for regret or remorse for wrongs, and ultimately repentance and cleansing. In example, during Isaiah's vision, it is a "burning coal" that an angel uses to represent Isaiah's cleansing. You put just enough context in your argument to make it seem valid, and prove what you want it to prove. But if you look at the whole picture... =/

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Or that by getting rid of evil he would have to commit an act of evil himself (separating us all and creating loneliness in large amounts), changing human nature, or some other thing like that. If you want get rid of evil, you have to either elimanate certain human fellings, which would change human nature, or you can make it impossible for humans to hurt the world, which is impossible to do without commiting evil.

He created that nature in the first place, knowing fully well what would happen. Why didn't he make human nature correct to begin with, so it wouldn't need correcting?

Even if you were correct, there is countless others verses were god/some one who is good by god kills someone, and that is hard to take into context, stones someone, also hard to take into context, or murders someone. Take the example of the flood. How could every man, women, and babies be so evil that they all deserved to die and be tortured? Can you imagine during the flood, a women holding her baby as far as she can above her head on the roof of her house, tears streaming down her face as the water continues to rise? A tired old man, swimming for dear life? A little child, praying to the god who did this to him, all in vain? That is probably what that flood was like...
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

That was what the flood was like. But noah was told to tell them that it would happen, and they didn't believe him.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

That was what the flood was like. But noah was told to tell them that it would happen, and they didn't believe him.

Believing Noah would have required unconditional trust. Can you imagine what would happen today if we would have to unconditionally trust anyone, just to be sure we don't get killed?
RoabertG
RoabertG
23 posts
Nomad

I think Christians would call that moral...But wait, here is the good part!
Proverbs 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.
Good old context...

while we are on the subject of context you took that verse out of context. lets look at the verse before 22:
Proverbs 25:21-22 21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. 22 In doing this you will heap burning coals on his head and the Lord will reward you.
314d1 you completely took that verse out of context. either you were ignorant of the previous verse or you deliberately left it out. Proverbs 25:22 is not about God encouraging men to burn others. It is instead about God encouraging you to love your enemies.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

while we are on the subject of context you took that verse out of context. lets look at the verse before 22:
Proverbs 25:21-22 21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. 22 In doing this you will heap burning coals on his head and the Lord will reward you.
314d1 you completely took that verse out of context. either you were ignorant of the previous verse or you deliberately left it out. Proverbs 25:22 is not about God encouraging men to burn others. It is instead about God encouraging you to love your enemies.

I put that verse in there, didn't I? The verse clearly says your putting fire on there head. If you mean it metaphorically, than what is not metaphoric? This verse could easily suggest "Pretend to be friends, than back stab your enemy when he is not looking!"
RoabertG
RoabertG
23 posts
Nomad

Believing Noah would have required unconditional trust. Can you imagine what would happen today if we would have to unconditionally trust anyone, just to be sure we don't get killed?
Think about it. the whole earth would not flood in one day. or even two days. it probably took several days in order for "The water rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits" Genesis 7:20 The people had time to go into the ark. there was also plenty of room for many more people. but the people did not put aside their unbelief and so they were drowned.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If you mean it metaphorically, than what is not metaphoric?

I already said once, the bible shouldn't be taken literally, you should interpretate everything. That's what a believing christian told me once. Sadly, even some believing christians tend to take it literally.
Think about it. the whole earth would not flood in one day. or even two days. it probably took several days in order for "The water rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits" Genesis 7:20 The people had time to go into the ark. there was also plenty of room for many more people. but the people did not put aside their unbelief and so they were drowned.

Face it. You would need days, even weeks only to evacuate big cities. And anyway, if people go to the arc because they fear to be drowned, how is this showing they are now believing christians? This makes no sense.
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

Good point. I trust nobody, except 2. But it was fair warning

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Your looking at a foot a day. How are you going to get out of your house, cross the country, and enter an ark with bronze age technology and rain that would be literally blinding? Even with a week, a year even, notice, it would still be improbable that you could cross a large, desert, country to go on a ship just because a crazy old man warned you there will be a flood.

Good point. I trust nobody, except 2. But it was fair warning

So you are saying the crazy old guys with signs gave you a fair warning. Great. Don't go running to them when you die.

http://www.gadgetoff.com/mt/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/Image/end%20is%20near%20cartoon.JPG

You have been warned.
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

Listen to the crazy old farts! hahahahahahahahaha. Jk, Cmon, lighten up guys, and do yourself a favor? don't think the devil is the good guy,

Showing 2386-2400 of 3094