ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 507370
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I've just found some 'evidence' of Creation:

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'd like to watch it unfold!

I would, too. But watching doesn't mean interfering. Maybe there is something out there, but our own evolution took it's place by itself.
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

That could very well be true. I bet we probably are watched, heck probably right now! What about the afterlife? Does the entity have a part in that?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I just read it. I lol'd XD
That could very well be true. I bet we probably are watched, heck probably right now! What about the afterlife? Does the entity have a part in that?

I don't think so.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

There is no after life, even if an entity did exist and felt like creating the universe. It would be impossible unless it decided to capture brain waves and redistribute them into another body, witch I think would be a strange hobby...
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

I think there has got to be an afterlife, I don't want to be gone forever,

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Now, atheism is insanity. There is no proof for evolution, it's just a theory made by people that don't WANT to believe that God is real.

There is tons of evidence for evolution. Also do you even understand what a theory is?

There IS proof for creationism. (yes, that is a word.) The rather old scrolls that were found hidden, and translated into the book(s) we have today known as the Bible.

It's real because the Bible says it's real isn't proof. That is called circular logic which is a fallacy.

But that isn't the only proof. Now this isn't very scientific of me, but MY proof is proving evolution wrong. I'm actually going to make a speech on this later this year, but take a moment and look around. Look at your computer, look out the window at the plants, (if you have any, my backyard is a wasteland, living in AZ and all) look at yourself. HOW can you say an explosion made all of that?

Even if you proved evolution wrong this still isn't proving creationism right. You would still have to provide evidence for creationism.
Also assuming your speaking of the Big Bang (not sure how many times I've said this already) has nothing to do with how life began it also wasn't an explosion but more of an expansion. Evolution also doesn't deal with this subject either, the leading theory on how life began is called abiogenesis.

(or at least the materials that made it)

(or at least the materials that made it) Last I checked, when you blow up a car engine, you don't get a Mustang. Explosions don't create things, they destroy.

Actually nothing is really being created or destroyed just changed.
If I took a rock and pounded it into dust or even did so with a high explosive. Would what made up that rock be destroyed or would it all still exist just in a different composition?

There have been found no evidence that we come from monkies. There are no missing links. And what was found, was discovered to be a deformed ape head.

Which skull are you speaking of? I do know there have been false leads and frauds in the past but they do get weeded out by the very method you condoning here. You also do realize there are numerous finds in the fossil record linking humans to other primates then just one skull. The fossil record making such a connection is actually pretty complete.

Now, looking from an evolutionists view, you know when you see pictures of what that apeman probably looked like? Those are lies. What they do is get an evolutionist and an artist. The artist gets a skull and begins panting an apeman. "Make that nose more like a monkies, give him bigger eyes..." The evolutionist directs the artist to make the picture look the way he wants it. Not very scientific, is it?

An artists rendering isn't the proof used for evolution.

What about fossilization? Takes millions of years, right? What about the pair of pliers that was found fossilized? Or the "cowboy" hat? I don't think cavemen had pliers or cowboy hats. Or the waterwheel? Cavemen were retarded, right? Apparently not.

How could pliers be fossilized in the first place? Sounds like your quoting a fraud here.

By now that's probably an old quote, but I have to say he IS the perfect being. That's the most shocking thing I've read all day. God created everything. How can the guy that made you, and me, and everyone else NOT be perfect. Okay, so humanity isn't perfect, but that's because of WAAAY back in the Garden of Eden, when humans blatantly disobeyed God. Read Genesis, study it, don't just read it, and you'll understand.

If god made us perfect then Adam and Eve wouldn't have been capable of screwing up so badly.
But since you want to look at the Bible literally I can point out plenty more flaws that can be attributed to God.

Now I know atheists like using the Bible against us Christians (well...I'm actually Judeo-Christian) so I'm going to say don't. Don't take the Bible out of content. All the brutal things it says, it says for a reason.

Context!!!!!!

You can deny that God exists, but even evolutionists don't believe evolution. (at least some) You KNOW God exists. And if you wish...I don't reccomend it, but if you REALLY want to see for yourself, you can wait. All you can do, other than believe, is wait. The proof will come either with your death or the end of the world. Whichever comes first.

Nope don't believe sorry to burst your bubble, and I have no problem waiting but if you or anyone want to claim they know when you really know just as much as I do then I am going to call you out on it and ask you to show me the proof.

This may be shocking to you but there are no contradictions in the Bible, contrary to popular belief. Whether it has to be me or the Pope, just ask a Christian about a contradiction and we'll be able to tell you how it ISN'T a contradiction.

Okay, how did Judas die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qL4KQ9Oan0

...Okay just had to reply to that bit of stupidity. I am clearly not keeping up with this thread very well right now.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Me either, I thought about this many times and the thought that after death I'm just inexistant gives me a cold feeling in the chest I don't experience in any other situation. And still, is there anything I can change? No. I don't believe in an afterlife or a spiritual being, heck, I can't! That would be lying to myself. So I say to myself, get a taste of life, live it! As soon as you're dead it won't be a problem anymore, since you'll be unable to bother. This reflection just showed me how precious our life is and how lucky we are to have it.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

-sigh- don't scream at the darkness. You can be so much more than that. The end of life is what it is, no more and no less. We cannot prevent it and in the long run we all die. Don't mourn your mortality but treat it as a chance to do wonderful things and make the most of the time you have left.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

No one does. However, I don't want my computer to crash, it does. I don't want to need to sleep, but I do. I don't want to age, but I do. This is a universe not made for us.
Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

You have a point there, I think this universe is against us....

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=10881

Are you joking?

But I really do have proof of creation. (But it wasn't God doing the creating.)
Artificial Life Created
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Mage - If I wasn't joking then I'd ask that you shoot me in the head to put me out of my misery.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I'm sick of this thread. There are some atheist guys who come constantly to the thread, and a few cristian guys who make 10 posts max and then leave because there are so many atheists responding to hisreply. It follows that pattern for 250 freaking pages.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Well what do you expect - we have a more rational standpoint than them. They have no proof to support their position and the thread is called 'Christianity vs Atheism' so that sorta rules out discussing other religions for too long as it wouldn't be following the topic.

Showing 2431-2445 of 3094