ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

325 75716
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your damage and enables the Strong Back perks if high enough.
Toughness - Increases your health points and enables the Tank and Regeneration perks if high enough.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight. Also enables the Evasion and Runner perks if high enough.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue 50% faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do 10% more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses 20% less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue decreases 20% faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Feel free to ask questions, and have fun if you decide to try! Also, this game is story driven, and every person will have a similar story line, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't look at others posts. This could also be good for people not playing and reading what happens to see what differences the players actions are and other things.

I'm just kind of into seeing how other people play differently. Anyways, gl.

• 325 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: Goku, M
Day #2
Time: 14:30
----------
Complexion: Light
Hair: Long, spiked, black
Height: 5'9", 175cm
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (60/100)
Muscles: Visible (55/100)
Frame: Average (50/100)
----------
Body: All human
----------
Perks
Fighting: 10% more damage using physical attacks
----------
Outfit: Comfortable Clothes
Weapon: Giant Stick (7 ft L, 3 in. T)
Storage: 13 pebbles
----------
Camp Storage: -
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
Strength: 10
Toughness: 15
Speed: 11
Intelligence: 10
Corruption: 0%
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 5%
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Gems: 0

"Well, I've got nothing else to do while I'm here other than beat up a few demons. We should team up."

She steps back, putting her hand on the hilt of her holstered blade, looking ready for anything to happen.

"How do I know I can trust you? Humans that come here never stay pure. The demons always find ways to corrupt them... how do I know you haven't been working for them for years?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name & Sex: David Jones, M
Day #2
Time: 17:00
----------
Hair: Long, black
Height: 4'1", 124cm
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (64/100)
Muscles: Average (50/100)
----------
----------
Perks
Schooling: 20% less fatigue when casting spells
----------
Weapon: Jagged Rock
Storage: 3 Perudi olives, 2 Equine flowers, 6 Inken weeds
~Lumi's Pouch: 3 Perudi olives, 2 Equine flowers, 6 Inken weeds
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut

----------
Strength: 8
Toughness: 8
Speed: 14
Intelligence: 15
Corruption: 2%
----------
Fatigue: 63%
----------
----------
Quest: Get ingredients for Lumi
Benefits: Learn basic alchemy
Task: 2 Equine flowers; 3 Perudi olives; 6 Inken weeds

I walk towards the lake, stopping at bushes to pick six olives, three to go in my pockets, three to go in the pouch.

You've got them now, but they weren't easy to find.
(+6 olives, +1:30 time, +7 fatigue)

I then head towards the lake to pick the four equine flowers, two of which I put in the same pocket as the olives and two in the pouch.

Following the map, you do successfully make it to the lake. After piecing the puzzle together even more, you figure out where your camp is from here, and now you can return to the lake by simply thinking about it. Easier to find than the olives, you collect them and move on.
(+4 Equine flowers, +3 fatigue, +0:15 time)

I then wade into the water to pick the twelve Inken weeds, six to go in the same pocket and six in the pouch.

Being one of the easiest to find, you easily collect them. The water also soothes your lower legs as you then walk out. Strangely, the water worked a little too well soothing your muscles and relaxing you. Something tells you staying in too long would probably be a bad idea.
(+12 Inken weeds, -12 fatigue, +0:15 time)

The sun is getting lower as the blood red moon rises to greet the land with its strange light for the second night.

Before you start making your way back to Lumi's hut, you hear howls and screeches coming from within the trees and foliage ahead of you. For a moment, a feeling suggests that returning tomorrow would be safer. Or that could be fear.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
----------

"I just got here yesterday. My camp is set up by the portal. Besides, would my clothes look this clean if I'd been here for awhile?"

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name & Sex: Michael Lee, M
Day #2
----------
Height: 5'4", 163cm
Muscles: Visible(55/100)
Frame: Narrow (35/100)
----------
----------
~Perks~
Smithing: Armor effectiveness increased by 10%
----------
Weapon: 4 ft. bamboo stick
Storage: 1 ft. bamboo stick, slightly sharpened jagged rock, 11 strange olives
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
Toughness: 10
Speed: 16
----------
----------
Experience: 4

I proceed to swing the bamboo at his head then at his legs again. If I hit him, I take my slightly sharpened rock out of my pocket then try to close the distance between us and strike the arm holding the club using the rock.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 17:00
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 63%
----------
----------

I decide to head back to camp and rest the night before heading back to Lumi's hut. When I get their, I use the excuse of exuation as why I am light. I make sure to also pick the peach fruit and any other strange plants on the way there, but I do not go far out of my way.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 14:45
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
Fatigue: 4%
----------

"I just got here yesterday. My camp is set up by the portal. Besides, would my clothes look this clean if I'd been here for awhile?"

"Demons could supply you with clothes, I'm not stupid. I don't smell corruption, though... but I don't know if I'm comfortable with this. Not just yet, anyways." the reserved mouse girl says.

(-1 fatigue)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
Weapon: (items on left side are always left hand) 4 ft. bamboo stick, slightly sharpened jagged rock (Items on right side are always right hand)
Storage: 1 ft. bamboo stick, 11 strange olives
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 11%
----------

I proceed to swing the bamboo at his head then at his legs again.

Each blow connects flawlessly, shortly stunning him.
(+2 fatigue)

If I hit him, I take my slightly sharpened rock out of my pocket then try to close the distance between us and strike the arm holding the club using the rock.

You swap the bamboo stick to your left hand, and equip the rock in you right, charging at the goblin. Before he can react quickly enough, the rock connects with his arm, forcing him to reel in pain, dropping the club instantly.
(+4 fatigue)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #3
Time: 7:00
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 0%
----------
----------

(-63 fatigue from sleep)

I decide to head back to camp and rest the night before heading back to Lumi's hut. I make sure to also pick the peach fruit and any other strange plants on the way there, but I do not go far out of my way.

The rising of the sun marks the third day you've been here, and instead of thinking about the hut to get there instantly, you travel the length, hoping to find fruit or plants in the process.

Just as you enter the forest, you come across the Perudi olives again. Most of them have been picked by you, but it seems two have grown back pretty fast over night. Passing them by, you end up walking past the peach-looking fruit that hang from the tree limbs, but they're too high to get to. For now, you decide to move along.

You finally make it to Lumi's hut again, not passing any more weird plants or fruits on the way.

You knock on the door to the hut, and instantly, you hear clanking glass inside. A few moments later, she open the door, giving you a mean look. She gives a playful punch in your leg. "You scared me, dude! Did you get everything?"
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #3
Time: 7:00
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
----------

I answer yes, as well as all the ingredients I need for my lessons. I was just tired and decided to stay the night at my camp. I also think of how she, and the imp, were the only living creatures I've seen so far, so I ask her if she knows any other humans.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
Fatigue: 4%
----------

"Well, I won't force you to come with me if you don't want to, miss. What's your name, anyways? At least tell me that before I go back to my camp. Mine's Goku, by the way."

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Derp, nevermind, I forgot she told me her name already. Change my response to this:
"Well, I won't force you to come with me if you don't want to, Amily. My name's Goku, by the way. If we run into each other again my offer of teaming up still stands." I turn around, ready to head back to camp, but I stop and turn around again. "Oh, and one more question before I go. I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since I got here. Is it like that with everyone?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #3
Time: 8:30
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Storage: Lumi's Ingredients
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
Experience: 30
----------
Quest: None

I answer yes, as well as all the ingredients I need for my lessons. I was just tired and decided to stay the night at my camp.

"Come in." She steps to the side, allowing you entrance. After closing the door behind you both, she says,"Please give me the items. Oh, and the pouch too." You do so, and she sets the contents on the table, making sure you got the right things. "Looks like everything is here."

I also think of how she, and the imp, were the only living creatures I've seen so far, so I ask her if she knows any other humans.

She invites you to walk with her into the alchemy lab of hers behind the purple curtain while she responds. "Almost too many things now to talk about. You see... us goblins aren't actually demons, obviously, but Imps are lesser demons. When the demons came and tainted the land... it turned morphed us into weird things. We used to be humans... but as time went on, we've been totally transformed by the taint of Mareth now. This used to be vibrant and beautiful, but now its an ugly red color with countless species roaming about."

You insist she continues, this time telling you what there actually is out there.

"Gryphons, basilisks, harpies, centaurs, minotaurs, cyclops, driders, you name it. They're all here. And yes, there are many more than just those few. That's just scratching the surface. Those are just the most typical. Oh, and demons."

After feeling satisfied from what she told you, she then seats you at her lab, and takes a seat beside you, and explains her recipe, why these ingredients are important, and what effects they could use on different potions. At first, the information was too much for you to remember, but you could easily just get something to write this stuff down with, and you decide that would be a good idea. Instead, however, Lumi decides to write it down for you.

She begins writing on a thin sheet of paper. After a few moments, she hands it to you for you to scan momentarily.

The sheet titled 'Lumi's Ingredients' explains:

Perudi olives ~ used to sweeten the potion. Also slightly alcoholic. On rare occasions, can turn skin color green, and on very rare occasions, can permanently reduce intelligence. Centaurs/minotaurs/horses are immune to the skin color change effect.
Inken weeds ~ used to dye clothes a darker color and/or adds a yummy taste to a potion.
Equine flowers ~ used to feed horses, and helps build muscle faster for them. Also could be consumed by creature/person to obtain horse-like features on some occasions.
(This is all saved on a document of mine, you could do the same, but if you want to open Lumi's sheet or add some ingredients to it that you discover later, then you could. If you don't save it to your own and you rely on mine, you can open it up in game and on my post, I'll post everything that's on there. Little complicated, but it works better than having to look back a few or many pages to find out.)

After researching the information, she adds them all together, creating a potion with dark green liquid inside.

"This is called Equine Delight. Inken weeds are the most used ingredient in this, and that's what makes it taste unbelievably good... to centaurs and minotaurs, anyways. Its a top seller when it comes to them. That makes sense, too, since they love alcohol and equine flowers. Plus the Inken weeds? There is nothing better for them here in Mareth. One potion can make a decent amount of gems fly into your pocket." She gives you a look right after saying that. "Don't go stealing away my customers though, got it?"

(+1:30 time)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
----------

"Well, I won't force you to come with me if you don't want to, Amily. My name's Goku, by the way. If we run into each other again my offer of teaming up still stands." I turn around, ready to head back to camp, but I stop and turn around again. "Oh, and one more question before I go. I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since I got here. Is it like that with everyone?"

"Well... its much slower here. I've heard about how fast people from your realm used to get hungry and thirsty unbelievably quick, but its not the same here... by a long shot. It takes about a week for hunger to set in here, and two to get thirsty. Well... for me, at least. Food and drinks act more like a substance that aids you here... and sometimes, poisons. Mainly they are used for alchemy. That's pretty big, here. A lot of people use alchemy as a weapon." Realizing she's been talking a lot, she takes a few steps back, and speaks while rubbing the back of her neck. "I'm gonna go now... bye Goku." Before anything else could be said, she hops away and vanishes within the ruins.

(+1:00 time, -4 fatigue)
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #3
Time: 8:30
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
----------

I ask her if I could use one of her flasks and equipment (if you need things like fire and such to make it) to make my own Equine Delight. I then offer to get her some more ingredients in exchange for more lessons.

When I get back, I ask her who rules this world. I do not tell her of my encounter with the imp.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #3
Time: 8:45
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
----------

I ask her if I could use one of her flasks and equipment to make my own Equine Delight.

"I agree to giving you some of my equipment, but only if you make the potion to sell it and give me 80% of the earnings."

I then offer to get her some more ingredients in exchange for more lessons.

"I decided that the first lesson would be free. More lessons will cost you some gems, though. Lumi's gotta make a living somehow."

(if you need things like fire and such to make it)

It does require something to make a spark with to create a fire. The ingredients must be boiled together to create a potion. Water is used in most potions, like the one Lumi made with the Equine Delight, without telling you. Some harder potions require different, more rare liquids.

When I get back, I ask her who rules this world. I do not tell her of my encounter with the imp.

I decided to rule this out, since she requires responses from you and didn't send you.

(+0:15 time)
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
Weapon: (items on left side are always left hand) 4 ft. bamboo stick, slightly sharpened jagged rock (Items on right side are always right hand)
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 11%
----------

I position my bamboo in front of me and try to tackle the goblin. If I'm successful, I press my jagged rock against his throat. If not, I quickly get into a defensive position.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 14%
----------

I position my bamboo in front of me and try to tackle the goblin. If I'm successful, I press my jagged rock against his throat.

Defeated, the goblin refuses to look into your face as he struggles to breathe.
(+3 fatigue)
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #3
Time: 8:45
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
----------

I agree to her terms about me using her flasks, as long as she also tells me where a good place to sell is. If she refuses to tell me where a good place to sell is, I say good bye and say that it was nice meeting you but I want to explore and learn more about this world. If I leave, I set off in the same direction I was walking before I met Lumi. If I meet anyone on the way, I act friendly and greet them. If they respond by attacking me or attack me before I can say anything, I try to run away. If I am caught, then I submit unless my attackers goal is to either kill or injure me, which in that case I throw my rock at the attacker and attempt to run away again.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 14%
----------

"Hey, what's wrong? Nothing wrong with getting beaten. Anyways, what's your name?"

Showing 61-75 of 325