ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Continuation

276 101283
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

FORWARD

âThe land of ArmorGames holds many people from many lands, each with their own story, whether they be wanderers, questers, or seeking to rule.â
~Strop and Cenere, former Way of ag e­566/page/1">Moderation directors

Today a new world lives. The time of the WoMâs launch is long past. A new generation breathes. Theyâre building a new society, theyâre telling new tales, and theyâre leaving new legacies.

• 276 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

There is only Bull Man.

Fix'd.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

All i'm gonna add is that I object to stuffing me into a relationship, but I've been paid off in chocolate chip cookies.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Maverick aren't you just on a roll tonight.

Smug sunnova

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

There is only Bull Man.

*ahem* You refer to me as The Minotaur. >.>
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

R2 walked up to Pick and bonked him on the head.

Why can I literally see this happening? Funniest thing I've read in months.

Bully Bully.

Hopefully you don't get started in too many directions at once Sal. I mean, it would be awful to start 5 different story lines and not have them tie in smoothly.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Correct. Correct. Applause.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hopefully you don't get started in too many directions at once Sal. I mean, it would be awful to start 5 different story lines and not have them tie in smoothly.

Oh, ho ho ho. In all due time, my good Xeano.

MuahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

No. Just... No.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Chapter 1
Part 5: The Dinoâs Doom [and a Recap]

[Back to ArmorCity, we find that the Imaginarium is destroyed and a large Cloverfield-like T-Rex is treading through the city. Chasing it is a Minotaur scientist in a weaponized biplane, who had the misfortune of unleashing this thing upon the city. The Minotaurâs close friend and associate scientist, a fancily fruity fox, is currently passed out at who-knows-where. Meanwhile, amongst the destruction, a robotic guardian is with a non-traditional âdamsel in distressâ, who are both trapped within the center building of ArmorCity: ArmorCastle. With the current plot progression, we arenât sure of what the area looks like. Only that theyâre there. And the damselâs soon-to-possibly-be savior is an alienated introvert who must cross a tedious desert, battle mysterious fellow outcasts, and trek through horrific mountains, the ArmorRidge, in order to reach his newfound beloved. We also know that this particular outcast destroyed a fellow outcast, Gandalf (aka Luka), who had originally been tasked with saving the damsel. And in all of this insane chaos, an injured thief is resting at an isolated cosplay party, despite the fact that he ventured to ArmorCity with the small hope of getting rich by plundering but ended up being bonked on the head and getting addicted to something called AP. But of course, as you are an extremely intelligent reader, you already know all of this and I am wasting my time recapping for you. But the show must go on!... as if things couldnât get any stranger.]
âSo, Storm, do you think Pick got the memo?â
âI WROTE IT FOR LUKA BECAUSE I FIGURED HEâD GET IT.â
âHow do you know?â
Storm pulled a ball out of a lock in her hair and an image appeared on it. The image showed an older man lying on the ground.
âHey, thatâs Luka. What happened?â
Storm explained that Pickpocket possessed an extremely valuable object: an object that could see into the future. She told about how she stole the object from Pick while he was asleep at her home, and then gave him AP because it caused memory loss. She also said that she wrote the note that Pickpocket, then Luka, and then consequently Clancy carried was written in order to lure Clancy to their rescue. [Unfortunately, this author couldnât get in for a closer look. So there may be plotting about!]

[Switching to our friend, the Minotaur]

âMino to Xeano, Mino to Xeano: Where the heck are you?â
Mino was flying his superbly built biplane, fitted with octane fuel-injected engines and full-scale rocket launchers and even a laser cannon, for when stuff got really bad. He was trailing Daleks the dinosaur and was blasting every last weapon he could scavenge. His associate, Xeano, passed out at the sight of Daleks. The two found Daleks in his premature space form, a blackish cloud, and contained him for further study. Due to a small calculative error made by Xeano, the containment chamber broke and Daleks escaped. The alien molded to a prototype dinosaur emulator and broke out of the lab, the Imaginarium basement, which, as a result, destroyed the Imaginarium. Mino was not having a good day.
âMino to Xeano, respond darn it!â
It was getting dark out, and Daleks was becoming harder and harder to see. The aged ArmorCity buildings made it hard for Mino to navigate and Daleksâ gray skin blended in with the atmosphere all too well. Daleks hadnât destroyed more than one building, but he was tearing the ground up and was giving the townsfolk quite a scare. Mino, looking down, saw the ArmorCitizens cowering in fear under benches, inside sewers, and slipping into any building they could find. He thought he even saw one crawl into a mailbox.
â...uh...hello...Mino...is...âsâat you?â
âFinally! Where are you!?â
âUh...I...I see flames...â
âAre you still at the Imaginarium!?â
Mino heard a few pops come through on his walkie talkie and feared the worst.
âXEANO!â
â...Come on man... Donât yell so loud...â
âARE YOU OKAY!?â
âIâm...I...think Iâm fine...â
âGood! You need to get out of there! Can you walk!?â
Mino had to raise the angle of his plane for a few moments to avoid the incoming buildings.
âXeano!?â
âYes, yes I can walk! By Newman, Iâm fine!â
Mino let out a huge sigh.
âListen, you need to get out of there!â
Mino heard a small grunt followed by a growl.
âXeano!?â
âSettle my Minotaur! I merely had to gain ground and re-establish my stance, you fool.â
Mino was glad that his friend had returned his normal speech patterns. It meant progress.
âMy dear friend, I believe Iâm going to make my way to where was he going according to the directions that robot left me.â
âRobot?â
âYes, that, er, R2, I believe his name was.â
âYou mean the dude I built the suit for?â
âFor lack of a more sophisticated-er-ly worded statement, yes. Listen. Iâm going to make use of that grungy, rebellious motorbike you occasionally use. I have permission, correct?â
âTake the danged thing.â
âExcellent. I shall make good use of my time allotment and swerve my way through the humongous scuffle thatâs tearing apart our fair city. These directions say Iâm to go to something called âplay partaeâ.â
There was a fairly short silence, and Mino broke it.
âWhere is it? What else does the paper say?â
âMy improper Mino, why must you demand me to answer a pair with a single?â
â...What?â
âAsk me ONE question.â
âFine, fine. Where is it?â
âUm, Aristocrat Way
âOh. Alright then. Good luck!â
âAnd to you I bid the same!â

Mino turned the old, rusted knob from the âonâ position to âoffâ. He continued evading buildings and violently screaming at his target.

[Now weâre gonna see about switching from that friendly Minotaur to that delightful fox.]

Xeano stood up and gazed at his surroundings. The whole, spherical-castle building was gone except for the floor. He started pushing stones over his with cane until he found the shaft. He looked around one last time before he jumped down. The air was polluted with a chokingly black smoke. The fox frowned. He disapproved of this smoke. He grabbed his monocle, stuffed it into his pocket and proceeded with the descent.
Xeano prowled through the wreckage for a few minutes until he found his motorcycle. The flames had receding quite a bit, so he hadnât anything to fear except the toxic smoke that was everywhere. Minoâs motorcycle was similar in design to the biplane: it was black with green pinstripes. Despite the mess, the bike was fairly shiny and was virtually unscathed. Xeano sat on it and set his cane in the holder that sprawled across the side. He turned the key, prompting the thing to start up in a moment. He pulled his monocle out of his pocket and fitted it onto his eye socket. He then went.
Xeano decided itâd be best to avoid the destruction and as a result, went around the city. ArmorRoad, a great superhighway, circled the entire city and allowed for ease of travel. As the poor citizens couldnât afford rides, it wasnât used much. The superhighway was split into 8 roads and was normally clear, but because of the chaos it was full of excited townsfolk trying to escape in any way possible. Xeano was forced to sit and wait multiple times for large families to pull their babies along the road.
About an hour later, Xeano finally arrived at Aristocrat Way. Even though the rest of the city was deteriorating, AW was still extremely beautiful. The white roads complimented the white buildings. The white knights guarding the white gates were lovely. The green foliage mixed in well with everything else, which was (you guessed it) white. It was a lot of, well, white.
Xeano showed the guard his ID and the sentinel let him pass. Fortunately for him, the foxy fox was well-known by the richer community and had access to just about anywhere he could ever want to go, not to mention the fact that he was quite rich himself. At the close of the Great Tournament, Xeano set out to make his fortune. Only being a young boy and quite ignorant to the world, he found much difficulty in this; however, he found a lot of success in the Great Conversion. The Great Conversion was an act that took place some time after the Great Tournament, and was a process where all the AP was deposited into ArmorBank forever. The AP collectors were paid an insane amount of money for the difficulty of the job, and the pay was nothing more than a deterrent to get people to not keep it themselves. After the Great Conversion, AP was traded for Quests. As AP aged, it turned into a horrific drug that caused memory loss but accelerated physical ability.
Xeano drove up to the address and hopped off the motorcycle. The street was off by itself relative to the rest of the district, and as a result, it had a little less protection. The street had dinosaur footprints in it, no doubt from Daleks the dastardly dinosaur himself. Xeano turned and looked at the residence. It was a very large and white mansion. The roof was the distinctive red of bricks, but it was made out of shingles. From about 100 feet away, he could hear very loud music. He walked up the ornate sidewalk and approached the door to the house, whereupon a man answered.
âSup.â
Xeano found himself face-to-face with a man in a trench coat. The man was very tall and his breath smelled of fish.
âWhy hello!â
Xeano his extended his arm for a handshake. The manâs reach was limited due to the large gap in height. Xeano noticed that the man was wearing a journalist cap that covered most of his face.
âNeed something?â
Xeano tried looking past the man to see why there was music playing, but his size made it difficult for him to see anything. Xeano was too short.
âWhy, yes, my good and new chap. You see, I was handed this little in which I was signaled to come here.â
Xeano told him the rest of his story.
âOh, you must be here for that trouble maker.â
âTrouble, maker?â
The man went on to tell Xeano how this was the guardsmanâs cosplay party, and that a convicted felon showed up and crashed the party.
âOh my. May I have your permission to gather him?â
âYeah, whatever. Heâs asleep on the couch.â
Xeano squeezed past the man, and then through other man until he found the couch. He thought the whole room was very nice, from what he could see anyway.
âHello boy!â
Pickpocket sat up and blinked the sleepiness from his eyes.
âW-what...?â
Xeano grabbed the thief and wrestled him to the ground. About a second later, a dinosaur foot came through the ceiling.

Blackness.

[Switching over to Pickpocket...]

Pick pulled his head up and looked around. He saw that reappearing biplane in the distance. In his immediate vicinity, he saw dead men in bloody suits, and lots of rubble. His head hurt. He saw some rubble rustle a few feet away. A moment later, a fox in a suit popped up and yelled,
âWHAT A FESTIVITY!â
Pick sat up and brushed some of the dust off his shoulders. He bent over and started coughing. His lungs were polluted with gunk. He coughed for about 5 minutes.
âMy dear sir, would you care for a lozenge?â
Pick squeezed a mute âyesâ out of his throat. He tossed the lozenge into his mouth. It tasted minty.
âThanks.â
âYouâre welcome, my dear thief.â
âSo... who are you? And what the heck happened here?â
Xeano went on to explain that R2 asked him to watch over Pick, because R2 needed to ensure that his contact would be safe.
âThat was the second time I had to crawl out of wreckage from a certain dino,â said the fox.
âYou mean it wasnât planned?â
Xeano looked down and wandered over to a block of concrete. He sat down on it and moaned a little.
âNo. No, it wasnât planned.â
âWhat exactly is going on here?â
Xeano stared off into the distance for a minute.
âWe... we need your help to defeat that thing. Itâs been rampaging all day.â
Pick agreed. They hopped on the motorcycle and rode to find Daleks.

[Some time later.]

âHey, there he is!â
They were riding on the motorcycle, along ArmorRoad specifically, when they found Daleks. Pick was sitting behind Xeano. Xeanoâs formerly magnificent suit was tattered and torn. The road was looking just as bad, with cracks and footprints denting it everywhere. Xeano drove directly under the dinosaur and wove in and out of his feet, but the dinosaur was either completely oblivious or just didnât care.
âHERE MY FRIEND! TAKE THIS!â
Xeano gave Pick a black box with a red button on it.
âWHAT IS IT!?â
âHOP UPON THE MONSTROSITYâS HEAD AND PRESS IT. ITâLL KILL THE THING.â
âOKAY. THANKS.â
Xeano pulled closer to the tail and Pick hopped on, grabbing on for his life.
âGOODBYE MY FRIEND!â
Xeano drove off the off-ramp and into the city. Pick noticed that he was missing his tophat and monocle. Pick didnât notice it until now, but Daleks was running. He was going at least 30 mph, and it made it very hard to get a good grip. He gripped the box tighter and put it into his pocket for safety.
Pick climbed halfway up the thingâs back when he noticed he was being followed. Looking down, he saw the guardsman who hosted the cosplay party. He thought his name was Matrix.
âIâM COMING FOR YOU, YOU LITTLE PUNK.â
Matrixâs clothes were all torn up. His coat was in pieces, his hat had holes in it and his face was full of deep cuts and blood was everywhere on his body.
âI KNOW YOU PLANNED THAT!â
Pick looked up and started climbing faster. He reached Daleksâ neck when he felt a hand at his own neck. He kicked back but missed. He figured he was high enough, so he quickly pulled the box out of his pocket and pressed the button. Just as he did so, they both plummeted towards the ground. In an instant, everything went black.

Blackness.

[Switching over to Mino...]

Mino circled the site. He looked down from his biplane and saw the giant hole in the ground. The dinosaur tracks led up to the hole and vanished. He heard broadcasts on his walkie talkie calling it the new âArmorHoleâ. The dinosaur was finally gone.
âSTORM TO MINO.â
âHello dear. The Pickpocket has left the building.â
âEXCELLENT. ANY BYSTANDERS OR WITNESSES?â
âYeah, there was some cop. He's gone with the target.
Look, I understand that he was a bad guy and all, but why did we have to go through all of that just to be rid of him?â
âITâS ALL NECESSARY FOR THE PLAN, MINO.â
âI just wish things were different.â

Mino looked down and saw a short character dressed up as a knight.

[Youâre a nice kid, so Iâm going to recap again. Mino, Xeano, Storm, and R2 are working together, and boy, oh boy, are they ever planning something. Our friends Pick, Daleks and Matrix are, for the moment, gone. They specifically ended up at who-knows-where. Mino noticed that a little costumed dude was running around on the ground, but this author hasn['t gotten the scoop on it quite yet.

What will happen next in,

The Wayyyyyyy Oooooofffffff Continnnnnuaaaaaatiooooooooooon

*Da da!*]

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Luka

Don't call me that anymore.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

When I reference something that's background information originally created in the WoM, read the WoM FAQ thread. It'll answer any questions you might have. If you want a more in-depth analysis of some background info, you can always read the actual WoM thread or the archive thread. The WoM summary thread never huts either. As always, you can ask me as well. I've read the whole thing a couple times, and if there's something I don't know I can just look it up for you.

Don't call me that anymore.

But you ARE Luka! Or at least you are when you aren't Gandalf. :P
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Fudged up the link to the WoM round summary. Fix'd.

I am so glad this is only a rough thread and not an archive.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Or at least you are when you aren't Gandalf. :P

^This
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Mino is pleased with the story. Mino will fly around in his biplane now.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

When my computer gets fixed...You'll start seeing some more pang influence on this story.

Don't worry..it'll be worth the wait.

Showing 61-75 of 276