ForumsProgramming ForumI'm new to this and got questions.

4 5019
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

So I had started learning Javascript from codecademy when I got stuck and realized some things. Anywho, I would like to start learning Flash and creating games but I do have questions.
1: Is it similar to Javascript, and when I say that I mean is is similar enough that I could learn Javascript and just take some time to learn the differences between that and Flash?
2: Would the free flash game creating programs come with tutorials?

I had two or three other questions but, as things go, I forgot them the moment I started typing this.

Thanks.

• 4 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

if you use flashDevelop then there are tons of tutorials on-line just google ActionScript 3

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Actionscript is pretty similar to java so I'll just use that as a benchmark for comparison.

Sadly javascript and java have have as much in common as ham and hamster. Basically some idiot/idiots who were making javascript or marketing it deciding slapping java in the front of it would make it more popular. javascript is a scripting language and java is a procedural language aka nothing in common.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well java-script is not a class-based object-oriented language and action-script is. But java-script is tricky since it does support some aspects of what you would consider a OOP language.

I guess in general you could say that action-script is somewhat similar to JavaScript since they are based on ECMAScript, but I would say java is more similar to action-script for the previously mentioned reasons.

Showing 1-3 of 4