ForumsNews and FeedbackObligatory advertisement

23 15965
MorFinBaZ
MorFinBaZ
3 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

I follow AG for at least 7 years and I come here nearly every day to try the new things. I even paid for a couple of excelent games (GemCraft chapter 0, for instance). Today, it is impossible to play any game, and that is very frustrating. The game doesn't even load !

Obviously this is due to the anti-advertisement plug-in armada installed in my browser. Without them, everything runs smoothly, except the fact that I see these god**** ads everywhere. Truely, who wants to lose 45 seconds of his precious life to watch over and over the same annoying ad when switching to Kongregate needs about 5 seconds ?

I understand perfectly that you my dear AG need money too, but agressive advertisement is really the lamest way to achieve this. Please provide us good games, which we are willing to pay for, instead of gorging us with faeces.

MorF

• 23 Replies
MorFinBaZ
MorFinBaZ
3 posts
Shepherd

Whoa I don't know if that has anything to do with this post, but now it works again, better than before !

Nice, I hope it stays so...

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ads are random, there are a rare large one... but mostly they should be small. Even have an option to skip now! If you see black screens, it could be because of ad blockers or pop-up blockers apparently - some seem to be causing trouble with our site.

MorFinBaZ
MorFinBaZ
3 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the reply. The problem comes from the video that should load before the game. After beeing played once in the session, this video isn't loaded again and everything is fine (thus my second message).
If you block it, the game is not loaded, and that is a new behaviour.

If of any interest, here are the extensions I use :
* DoNotTrackMe
* FlashBlock
* AdBlock
* WidgetBlock

R3dLine237
R3dLine237
3 posts
Peasant

Well hello! ^^

Was about to complain about the same issue. I don't know how others take it but i'm fed up of that 45 second world of tanks i even hate that godawful game please refrain yourself (board administration of AG) from having those pesky LONG ads. I play the new games every time and i have been playing them for about 3 years at a 2-3 day (tops) basis. So i don't mean to be rude but please advise me a bit.

Should i find some other site?

or

Are the ads going to death (where they belong)?

jp2010
jp2010
2 posts
Shepherd

Theres ads on Everybody Edits and theres No Skip Button for it
OMG People should just pay instead of watching stupid ads its not the way to achieve money and profit

R3dLine237
R3dLine237
3 posts
Peasant

Any response gonna popup anytime soon? Get the pun? Popup and this is a topic against ads? No? Not fun at all? Well i'm really bored...

ArKive
ArKive
1 posts
Farmer

Is there a way to delete your Armor Games account? this latest advertising smear is so disgusting I dont ever want to come back.

Its bad enough that they cant spell Armour.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Its bad enough that they cant spell Armour.

Spelt that way on purpose.

Anyway, as the administrator has already stated, the ads are random. They don't really have control over which ads popup, how long they are there, ETC...

I have been around the internet quite a while, and I have noticed that these annoying ads generally come once in a while and last for a relatively short time. Remember, these ads keep the games free, they provide us with entertainment. Please be tolerate for the time being. It's much appreciated.
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

This is really annoying but as long as the skip button is there its no big deal to me.....Honestly its just 5 seconds!. Is that really worth getting this upset over??

Amir4eg
Amir4eg
2 posts
Nomad

One day or another everything rolls off. It seems that it's armor games time =(
Advertisement will kill it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

OMG People should just pay instead of watching stupid ads its not the way to achieve money and profit

So YOU want to pay ArmorGames money for games you may not be into later?

They do have other ways like the store but the ads constantly give them money. So by getting rid of ads that gets rid of ArmorGames' one way of being constantly paid. Then they have 2 choices, have pay-to-play type games or shutting down. And I'm pretty sure we don't want either of those.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I want AG to stay forever . And if I have to deal with a few hands, then I am fine. But if they get out of control... I'm not too sure where I'd go. Kongregate is just as bad as AG is right now. You should have seen them flip out over Colonial Marines.

R3dLine237
R3dLine237
3 posts
Peasant

Well all the fuss started over the inexistence of that skip button trust me there was no skip button... and the other issue was the world of tanks ad that lasted 0:45 seconds... which is annoyingly much and you can't even mute it which is even worse that's why it all started now i have got some ad of 0:15 sec and a skip button if all will be so no need for topic to be active anymore..

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Are people really so impatient that they cannot wait a few seconds or a few minutes for an ad to go by? You people sicken me.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Are people really so impatient that they cannot wait a few seconds or a few minutes for an ad to go by? You people sicken me.

Its not the wait, its the principle.

I dont think I will be coming back. Bye AG
Showing 1-15 of 23