ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79161
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Awaiting your presence, given the considerable amount of rumbling that had been happening near my tower, my soldiers simply cut the head of any foolish man that sticks it out of the hole. All sort of disgusting waste is also thrown into the hole as well, mainly animal excrement and such garbage.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I halt the springs for a second to build a massive coffer dam, then set up a real dam. After the coffer dam is done, I dig far underground and construct a sort of cave-village, while simultaneously expanding the above-ground section of my city. I also build a large bridge from the plateau to the closest dam section.
Oh, and I build a pipe from the plateau to the dam (made of stone, like so much other stuff I have, but reinforced with metal), around which (the dam) I dig a moat. Then I divert the sewers to the pipe.
After this is done, the springs (of which there are now about thirty) turn on again.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

We should all get together and attack Nerdsoft before he builds a massive flood system that floods everyone else's towers. I raise a great contingent of brave men, arm them with great sausages, and send them running with only pelts as clothing towards Nerdsoft's tower, intent on rubbing the great sausages on the dam and thus render it...uh...sausag-y?

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I build up the beginnings of a great empire. Starting with a keep and a barracks. After that I shall build some farms for food. Then I recruit another 100 knights and send them towards Nerdsoft's tower.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I send a group of Sausage warriors over to Gamer's petty plot of dirt and mock his men from a safe distance.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Right, I'm setting up a spring in the moat. After that, I enchant a well to create a growing horde of 100 water elementals, who will hide in the moat and the lake, killing all those stupid enough to enter, and I animate the rubble to create rock elementals and giants. Then I grow my forest and fill the lake with fish. This will be my food supply.
I also train ten Sun Mages and expand my tower, so that it becomes the center of my keep.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I send the 30 knights that were at my base over to Nilo's taunting Sausage warriors and engage in a battle. I get my finest general to the war tent for some planning. After that I continue to build up my base, adding walls, a mine, and some perimeter defense towers. I recruit 40 crossbowmen to stand guard atop those defense towers, and another 50 knights idling near the barracks.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

The Sausage warriors easily fall into the trap and are killed in great quantities until none are left alive, their bloody disgorged remains littering the dirt around Nerdoft's tower. Meanwhile, a second wave of sausage warriors, more powerful and greater in number, are preparing to attack the tower.

The sausage warriors easily outrun the heavily armoured knights of Gamer, and continue mocking the knights as they run away.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I build a barracks, a shipyard and a harbour. I also set up an academy with the following wings: Elemental Magic, Medicine, Alchemy, Engineering, Culture and Focused Magic. I expand the city above and below ground, build farms (using the Sun Mages' powers to generate artificial sun underground) and generally beef up my island.
I then smash up the terrain around the moat, flood it all with a burst of power and construct a lock so that my inner lake will have access to the outer sea. So, I basically have an island in the middle of a lake in the middle of a sea in the middle of a plain.
Now... I start work on my navy.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

What happened to those sausage warriors I sent to attack you?

And by the way, I begin construction of many large siege engines.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Oh, them? My Sun Mages bake them, my water elementals mess them up and my army enjoys a hearty meal. Also, I'm setting up a fleet of 10 men o' war, 30 clippers, 5 galleons, a ship-of-the line and some frigates.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

My many catapults and trebuchets send a hail of rock and steel flying at Nerdsoft's rather large complex. Afterwards, we also bombard them with hotdogs, because raw porkchop is not healthy.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

A hole opens up in the dam. Now look what you've done, idiot! The hole widens up and sends a massive wave of lake water right at your army. My lake begins to drain as your siege engines smash against the wall of your tower as the rain of hotdogs brings extra rations to my navy, which is now mostly beached. I patch up the dam so that the lake refills again.
I also replace the elementals who were caught in the wave. How'll you deal with them?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I build a big wall around my tower and I paint the tower green.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

O... kaay. Why green?

Showing 16-30 of 461