ForumsForum GamesStarting Mafia Game.

14 7991
seanison0151
seanison0151
7 posts
Nomad

Need 16 people for the game "Mafia"

Mafia is a party game, modelling a conflict between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the innocents). At the start of the game each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: ânight,â during which the mafia may covertly âmurderâ an innocent, and âday,â in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafiosi and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia has been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.

Rules:

-Obey all original Forum Game Rules
-All spam, off-topic discussion, and random posts will not be tolerated (stay on topic)
-Respect other players
-PLAY THE GAME IF YOU SIGN
-No revealing roles.
-Do not share information about the game in PMs or any other way, only the use of this specific thread is permitted and donât post screenshots.
-No editing or deleting posts (Any edits should be in another post)
-Bold for voting
-No posting on this forum at the gametime ânightâ
-Night actions should be PMed to me during the night (if your role says so)
-Have fun

Roles

1 Detective: Allied with the Innocents, the Detective can detect whether a player is a mafioso, asking about a specific player during night;
1 Guardian Angel: Allied with the Innocents, he can protect someone every night, except for himself;
1 Redirector: Allied with the Innocents, he can target one player and redirect all the action dealt to him towards another player;
1 Commuter: Allied with Innocents, leaves town every odd night, he canât be targeted during odd nights;
1 Woodcutter: Allied with the Innocents, can take another person with them whenever they die;
1 Seraph Knight: Allied with Innocents, he may choose one target only (not necessarily during night one) that will be protected from night kills until the Knight dies. Target canât be changed;
1 Elder: Allied with Innocents, he can surive a night attack;
1 Motivator: Allied with Innocents, can target a player at night to allow them to use an extra action during the following night (doesnât work for mafia kills);
1 Princess: Allied with Innocents, upon death causes the next day phase to be skipped;
1 Desperado: Allied with Innocents, targets a player during the day in the thread to perform the following action: if the target is Mafia, the target is killed; otherwise desperado dies, skill can be used only once;
1 Friendly Neighbor: Allied with Innocents, can target a player. The target will receive a message (from the host) where he says that the âfriendly neighborâ is innocent;
1 Mafioso: can vote for lynch every day, kills one person every night, wins if Mafia outnumbers the rest of the population;
1 Barman: He is a Mafioso, he can block someoneâs special action during night phase;
1 Silencer: He is a Mafioso, he can silence someone at night. The targeted player will not be able to post in the next day, but he will still be able to vote;
1 Ninja: He is a Mafioso that will appear as Innocent if targeted by the detective;
1 Traitor:Innocent allied with Mafia, he doesnât know who are Mafiaâs members but he wins only if Mafia does;

1 Restless Spirit: Either Alignment, he can still vote after death, he will vote by PM after death;

Mechanics:

-Day: 3 real days
-Night: 1 real day
-Lynching: Happens during day phase only and only live people may vote. Whoever has the most votes against them will be lynched. In case of a tie, no one dies.
-Mafiaâs Night Kill: All mafia should PM discuss who to kill and one person will be designated to report to me who they choose (the mafioso with no special role). If you are designated please be responsible.
-Detectiveâs Night Interrogation: Detective should PM me the name of the living he wants to know about.
-Guardianâs Angel Night Protection: GA should PM me the name of the person to protect.
-Redirectorâs Night Redirection: Redirector should PM me the names of both players, first one will be the targeted, second one the redirected.
-Priestâs Night Interrogation: Priest should PM me the name of the living he wants to know about.
-Motivatorâs Night Boost: Motivator should PM me the name of the player he wants to boost the following night.
-Friendly Neighborâs Night Message: FN should PM the name of the player to contact.
-Barmanâs Night Blocking: Barman should PM the name of the person he wants to block.
-Silencerâs Night Silencing: Silencer should PM the name of the person that wants to silence.

First 16 people to post "/in" will be added to this list when i update it.
Post questions below or message me.

• 14 Replies
seanison0151
seanison0151
7 posts
Nomad

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12012999/mafia-rules are the rules for this game.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I don't think there's a pm system on this website.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i love this game. in fact, i play this with an actual group of people. however, 2 problems:

1. you will never get 16 people
2. there is no way to hide which player is which. that defeats the purpose of this game.

seanison0151
seanison0151
7 posts
Nomad

I would send a private message to a persons profile. And how come i cant get 16 people?

CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

I cant even get 1 on my Salt Survival one. Maybe people aren't on?

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

I would send a private message to a persons profile.

yes, but we would have cheaters. what you post on someones profile anyone can look at, not just you and the person. you could, if you were smart, post it the delete it quickly but that would still be hard. however since bluffing is part of the game, i guess that wouldnt necessarily ruin it.

And how come i cant get 16 people?

the active community is only like 8 people right now.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

And then probaly only a fraction of those 8 people like mafia games. This is doomed.

seanison0151
seanison0151
7 posts
Nomad

Well ****, i guess im stuck to playing this at kongregate -_-

hasa890
hasa890
4 posts
Jester

I have played this game with my friends, but I can't find it online. Can someone post the link to it. Thanks

RedDragoon24
RedDragoon24
2 posts
Nomad

/in

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I'd be interested...

if this site had PMs.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

1. @hasa890 Maybe you're looking for epicmafia?
2. This site does have PM-ing. IIRC, just friend someone and you can send him a PM through the chat bar. Eg. Chat -> friends -> MountainDude1919
3. There's not a large enough community for 16 players. We'd get less than 8 players at best. Plus, someone has to be the master. Right now, the closest thing we can have to mafia is a forum RPG. Hmm...

hasa890
hasa890
4 posts
Jester

@sciller45 Thanks for response. I know I have played mafia on Armor Games. It just has different name. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was called.

charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

/in

Showing 1-14 of 14