ForumsGamesFighting Games

18 9104
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I haven't heard anyone here bring up this topic, so here we go. SSBB aside, no one seems to talk about Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct or anything. Personally, I am a huge fan of NetherRelm's Injustice game and plan on getting the ultimate edition with all the dlc for ps4.. KI looks cool, but not cool enough to sway me over to the xbox one. Anyways.... anyone else like fighters here?

• 18 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I played Mortal Kombat vs DC before, wasn't bad but could have been better. The only other fighter I've ever played was Smash bros and Playstation All-stars.

InJustice looks pretty good though, not actually pumped to buying it but is it any good?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually I do remember playing WWE before, that was fun. I've played WWE 2008, 2011, and 2012. All were pretty fun but get boring after awhile.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Complete lack of mention for Tekken or Street Fighter

How could you?
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Actually I do remember playing WWE before, that was fun. I've played WWE 2008, 2011, and 2012. All were pretty fun but get boring after awhile.

Well, WWE is pretty fun. The Road to Wrestlemania, or so called " 24/7 mode " really got me in to the game. I played 08,10,11,12 or maybe soon, 14!

Marvel vs Capcom HAS to be my in my favs. Like seriously, who does not bustin' a computers butt?
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I've played injustice on my iPad (it's free) and it's pretty good. But I don't know if the console version is good or nor.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I've played injustice on my iPad (it's free) and it's pretty good. But I don't know if the console version is good or nor.

InJustice looks pretty good though, not actually pumped to buying it but is it any good?

The app is aggravating because it is basically pay-to-win. The console version is great, faster than MK and very smooth.
Marvel vs Capcom HAS to be my in my favs. Like seriously, who does not bustin' a computers butt?

Mahvel is too hectic for me. I prefer MK style fighters.
Complete lack of mention for Tekken or Street Fighter

Never got into Tekken. I guess street fighter is cool, but I haven't played in forever.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Speaking of Street Fighter, Ultra Street Fighter 4 soon.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

the only fighting games i like are

mortal kombat

tekken

street fighter

in that specific order, i dont care much for other fighting games

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Test test test test test...

BattleFantasia. Am I the only fan on that game?

Anyway, MK Deception was pretty good, and the X-Men for the original XBox was AMAZING.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The new Killer Instinct is still confusing to me. I mean, usually a game launches after it has been given a story and a full cast. Not my kinda thing. And its an Xbone exclusive, which is also annoying. Spinal will drop soon though, which is great for the game. It really needs more characters.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Man, I just made a Soul Calibur thread without even looking here.

decota
decota
12 posts
Nomad

soul calibur, the nights i went to bed, still feeling that sword hanging on my back.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I kinda left this genre for FPSs, but back in the Super Nintendo age, Killer Instinct, Mortal Combat, and Street Fighter were games that I would play for hours.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I still have mixed feelings about the E3 stuff on Mortal Kombat X. I don't really like the new characters. Cassie Cage is the only one that is kinda cool, but I don't really plan on playing as her. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only two characters revealed so far that I'm interested in.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I prefer soul calibur in general, especially when playing as Voldo. (Don't look him up with safe search turned off. Or at all. You just did it didn't you?) I think it's because the penalties for not connecting with a hit are smaller, and most characters have a long reach and can do combos quite easily. (Especially Voldo) I'm also playing through Tekken 3 at the moment. The best character on that is Lei. He's so out of control your opponent has no hope of beating you.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only two characters revealed so far that I'm interested in.

...Is it even a reveal given that they would be in anyway?
Showing 1-15 of 18