ForumsWEPRCommunism

41 18406
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

From my understanding, a communistic country is a country with currency, social status, and everybody is treated equal (sexual orientation, race, and religion doesn't matter, and everybody receives the same amount of food and shelter regardless of how much work they do.
What is the problem with this? Besides the fact that people would have no motivation to work (which could be remedied with prison), and people only doing the minimum amount of work to receive their food (which is what led the fall of communism), I think it would solve multiple problems in the government we currently have.
The only reason I can fathom for such hatred towards communism is that people who currently hold power within the government would no longer be able to keep their positions of power, and all of the rich people in the country would lose a massive amount of their income (leading to massive chaos, most likely).
However, what if we imagine that we could start a new country on an island. This island would have everything we could possibly need for thousands of people if rationed correctly. Communism would be the ideal government in this situation, wouldn't it? Everybody is treated equal, everybody gets the same amount of resources as everybody else, everybody works together to build a thriving country, everybody has a home, etc.. There will always be someone that will try to seize power/become corrupt in order to get more resources, etc.. That's inevitable in any government or society.
Why does most of the world (the United States in general) hate communism so much? There's no reason, other than greed.

• 41 Replies
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

No. It is an impractical ideology promoted by extreme optimists who do not understand that human society cannot be made to follow their idealist designs on any large scale.

You can give it whatever meaning you want but, it failed utterly and in doing so it killed over 100,000,000 men, women, and children, not to mention the near 30,000,000 of its subjects that died in its often aggressive wars and the rebellions it provoked, throughtout history. But there is a larger lesson to be learned from this horrendous sacrifice to one ideology. That is that no one can be trusted with power. The more power the center has to impose the beliefs of an ideological or religious elite or impose the whims of a dictator, the more likely human lives are to be sacrificed. This is but one reason, but perhaps the most important one, for fostering liberal democracy
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

You can give it whatever meaning you want but, it failed utterly and in doing so it killed over 100,000,000 men, women, and children, not to mention the near 30,000,000 of its subjects that died in its often aggressive wars and the rebellions it provoked, throughtout history.

I should probably tell you about a congregation of powerful, religious figures who instigated the Thirty Years War and The Crusades who wiped out a larger ratio of people than the number of people you're thinking of attributed to only one era. I say ratio, because even though "that thing you're thinking of" killed 100 million people [citation needed], there were far less people living in the medieval age, thus it had a far greater impact when these two world events finished.

^ These two events were caused by a congregation of religious figures (Note: Not Communism,Monarchy or &quothilosophy ruled by one person&quot.

This is but one reason, but perhaps the most important one, for fostering liberal democracy

You do realize that "fostering liberal democracy" means "strengthening, nurturing, giving more power to", right? But you don't want that because it has the L word next to it, right?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

You do realize that "fostering liberal democracy" means "strengthening, nurturing, giving more power to", right? But you don't want that because it has the L word next to it, right?

Nope, you see this libtard Obama spewing out all this bs and he is yet to make a ground-breaking contribution to the country he's only made it worse with his Obamacare married couples out of pocket health care costs are going to go up, but I bet taxes won't go down eh?

The best presidents have been.... who? the republican presidents.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Nope, you see this libtard Obama spewing out all this bs and he is yet to make a ground-breaking contribution to the country he's only made it worse with his Obamacare married couples out of pocket health care costs are going to go up, but I bet taxes won't go down eh?

You do realize you still didn't defend your "fostering liberal democracy" post, hinting of your hypocrisy, right?

The best presidents have been.... who? the republican presidents.

There are good Democratic presidents and there are good Republican presidents. You cannot say that only the Republican presidents were the best, because that is simply not true, even as opinions. I'd list the greats of the Democratic party, but that would not be on topic with this thread.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

You do realize you still didn't defend your "fostering liberal democracy" post, hinting of your hypocrisy, right?

-quits-
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

It seems i have strolled off topic here, but i agree with communists that there are people in this world who are genuinely oppressed, and that we should help them. I'll admit that I was sympathetic to communist movements, and I attended communist organized anti-war rallies. In time, I noticed that their doctrine was very alien to our values...For all the alleged sympathy to the working class, they always, and I mean always, promoted white guilt, homosexuality, mass immigration, and atheism.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

-quits-

It's simple. You said "fostering Liberal democracy", which means "strengthen, nurture, do better". Now you're criticizing Barrack Obama's decisions (I would too, he is pretty bad at what he does).

So why the double-standards?
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

It's simple. You said "fostering Liberal democracy", which means "strengthen, nurture, do better". Now you're criticizing Barrack Obama's decisions (I would too, he is pretty bad at what he does).

So why the double-standards?

Not always liberal democrats are wrong, i gave Obama as an example of 1 of them gone wrong. I responded to your last line btw.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

You can give it whatever meaning you want but, it failed utterly and in doing so it killed over 100,000,000 men, women, and children, not to mention the near 30,000,000 of its subjects that died in its often aggressive wars and the rebellions it provoked, throughtout history. But there is a larger lesson to be learned from this horrendous sacrifice to one ideology. That is that no one can be trusted with power. The more power the center has to impose the beliefs of an ideological or religious elite or impose the whims of a dictator, the more likely human lives are to be sacrificed. This is but one reason, but perhaps the most important one, for fostering liberal democracy

Which part of the phrase "it does not, has not, and will not ever exist in actual politics" is confusing you? You still seem to be labouring under the assumption that communism is actually something that can happen.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

communism is just a concept, a dream out of reach, and if was done somehow and voluntarily, an achievement which would be equivalent to man's spamming massive war throughout history. that is IF somehow it can be realized, i only see it as only a wish or maybe so, an excuse for corruption of power

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

but i agree with communists that there are people in this world who are genuinely oppressed, and that we should help them

So to help those that are genuinely oppressed (of which one group you have spewed speeches stating we should continue to oppress them) we should oppress them and everyone else?

And yes, I am talking about the ideological communism.

that is IF somehow it can be realized

Let us hope it never is.
Showing 31-41 of 41