ForumsGamesPlease stop.

10 26641
joejoero
joejoero
17 posts
Nomad

Ok in my opinion MMOs are flooding and smashing other new content because they don't get rated. I think as just a simple idea have two sections or something new gamesgames) :P new MMOsMMOs) :P
Idk but for people who are not interested in MMOS the MMOs are taking all the spots on the most popular games, and for those who have been around popular games stay in the new games section the longest. So they need to seperate theses game it would make me happier and the MMOers happier to get their own section.

• 10 Replies
joejoero
joejoero
17 posts
Nomad

Currently there are 5 MMOs of the 18 spots on the front page.
Psh that's not a lot... well considering there is 11 major categories it is a lot.

Oh on the popular games the ration is 4MMOs to 2 Regular games.
and 2:10 games in new games(Considering that many fewer MMOS are made i am surprised to see more than 1 at all times I would like to see a newer game there).

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I agree. Many people are not interested in MMOs. For the very small fraction who do enjoy MMOs, they should have a separate section from the new games. Especially since most of the MMOs are very old games from about 2-4 years ago. That isn't new.
I come to Armor Games because it has the best games. That isn't an exaggeration. Armor Games has a lengthy process to uploading games, and each game is scrutinized thoroughly by one of the Admins before being accepted. Because of this, we get the best games from the web without worry of finding a very poorly made game. These MMOs are a plague upon the site. They're usually of poor quality and require you to pay if you wish to play for longer than an hour.
When have we taken a step back in gaming? We used to only be able to play video games in arcade rooms, for about two minutes before we had to pay another 50 cents. Now we can play video games without time restrictions and donate money to the developers at our own will. MMOs force us to pay them in micro-transactions, that don't seem like much at first, but soon add up to outrageous amounts. And for what? Another 15 minutes of gameplay?
Obviously we can't get rid of the MMOs, but please don't put them in the new games section. You only clutter up the page with games that nobody wants to play (or pay for).

joejoero
joejoero
17 posts
Nomad

Agreed
Anyone can see i don't come to the forums much anyway it has to be very annoying to get me off my lazy a** XD

legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

Every MMO to me is the same,with the occasional game like DinoStorm that surprised me and wasn't about cards or making a kingdom.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The thing about these MMOs is that they generate a lot of money for gaming sites - all of them. What we're experience, I think, is similar to a housing bubble. People see that these things are cash cows and so flood the market with them. The result is that 90% aren't enjoyable in the least and are clearly just trying to get you to pay real money.
Eventually, this trend will sort itself out. There's just no way that this marketing approach can be sustainable. More and more are getting shut down every day (not necessarily the ones on AG) and eventually they will find their niche in the gaming community. It's an inconvenience, for sure, but the payoff on the whole is worth it.
The nice thing about AG is that new games stay on the front page for a while. This gives you the opportunity to favourite these games so that you can easily access them from your profile.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

I'm pretty sure AG spaces out MMOs so that it is a maximum of 1 MMO every week.

Raze5000
Raze5000
47 posts
Treasurer

I agree with this. I enjoy games like The Last Stand- Dead Zone, but that is the only game I enjoy. All the other MMOs are terrible!
Moegreche, since you are a mod, do you not have the power to actually test out or ask the community before a game is released? Even if you don't, is there nothing you can do about the current situation?

legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

One non-money hogger MMO is GoT:Ascent.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

While i agree that MMOs have gone to crap, i do not agree that there are no good ones. There are games like mini heroes and card monsters (yes i know that its about cards but its done in a very uniqie way.) that keep a bad genure from going worse. AG should do something worth while with the knights like have them test MMOs for quality.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@legolover: You can get gold via cradits (facebook/kong) or via creadit card or paypal... not sure if available in AG, but in the end its the same.

Showing 1-10 of 10