ForumsGamesif sega were to return

10 10061
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i remember there being alot of rumors in early 2013 but despite those false claims. if sega were to officially announce that they would be making a full on new console to compete against ps4/xbox/wii u, would you buy it?

• 10 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That would truly depend on its specs. I don't own any of those consoles for now, apart from a very very old Xbox, so I shall consider.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

well im sure it be decent specs since it be going against next gen. but dreamcast was amazing imo

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Dreamcast was fantastic in that it was released before the Gamecube and PS2, so it was ahead of the market in specs. Unfortunately, no one cared to buy it as much as they shelled out, so they crashed.

If Sega wants to be in the competition again, they need to appeal to the gamers, as in "Make a console that is just a console, give the Indie developers some room to move, recognize Humble Bundles".

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

well i heard they crashed because of them failing to protect the games from being easily pirated

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i liked sega better than nintendo. dreamcast was my favorite console of that gen

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I doubt they will, sadly. With Nintendo supossedly working on yet another console due to the flop of the WiiU, it really does not leave any room for Sega. Sega also would not have as many exclusive and could not keep up with the other systems.
Not saying I don't like sonic and such, but those games will only be able to convince a few hardcore fans to buy it if it isn't too expensive.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

only if it has the quality of Jaguar

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Dreamcast was the best console made by Sega.

What does it have that games don't have now?

Color.

Showing 1-8 of 10