ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

396 191278
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 396 Replies
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

So...basically, becoming a knight is nothing special other than purple font? While I absolutely LOVE the color purple, I've no intentions of "knights-only armatars". I love my black rose armatar just the way it is.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

The whole Knight thing is a cool feature, but I don't see the merit of it just yet. Love the purple font, though. Now I have an actual reason to talk to Zean and Mino!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

So...basically, becoming a knight is nothing special other than purple font? While I absolutely LOVE the color purple, I've no intentions of "knights-only armatars". I love my black rose armatar just the way it is.

Well, we have a Knight only Forum too.
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

A special forum along with a few other things. Sounds like a great deal. Question is, what purpose do knights serve, and why so few of them? Are they here to help us, or are they here so that we may help them?

HOBCOP
HOBCOP
35 posts
Nomad

All nights so far have been friendly and chill.

HOBCOP
HOBCOP
35 posts
Nomad

Spelled knight wrong

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I'd like a more in-depth explanation of this new feature, not because I'm interested or jealous, but because I've been gone for several months and I'd like to at least know about something...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

A special forum along with a few other things. Sounds like a great deal. Question is, what purpose do knights serve, and why so few of them? Are they here to help us, or are they here so that we may help them?

It's more a recognition thing that the brass picked, than anything else. There aren't any ''special duties'' we do, or have to do.
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

"Reward the exceptional, encourage the average." Clever. You can quote me on that as much as you like.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'd like a more in-depth explanation of this new feature, not because I'm interested or jealous, but because I've been gone for several months and I'd like to at least know about something...

The higher-ups grants Knighthood on those they feel have contributed extensively in one way or another to the site. Ivan for art (I think), SSTG for his castle building, Mage/Hahiha/Yours Truly for keeping the WERP alive and less a corrosive environment (Again, I think so), etc.

Knights have access to a restricted Forum, get purple text (if one can tell that is, rather faint), access to mobile games earlier to test them, a block of text on their wall, a set of Knight only armatars, and a silver gilding around their armatar. That's about it really. There aren't any restrictions on the number of knights too, if you wanted to know.

Probably a good idea to trawl through the thread for more details. I don't sum up very well.
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Thank you, sir Nichodemus. Good tidings I bid unto thee, and farewell.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Seems Matrix has become a knight. Congrats to him.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

That's correct, @GhostofMatrix is now Knighted.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

'bout dang time :v

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

When do you think we'll see that official knight page? I can't fantasize about being on it until I know what it looks like.

Showing 166-180 of 396