ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

396 191266
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 396 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Congratulations to @CourtJester.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Is it bad that I don't know who that is and yet he has 5,000 posts?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

He is right along SSTG and Fish with making dem castles

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Is it bad that I don't know who that is and yet he has 5,000 posts?

He has been here a long time, he welcomed me to the CTC2 custom castle thread and he introduced me to the CTC2 coding.
After I learned from him I made a tutorial.
He's been helping a lot of people with the game.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Welcome to knighthood Sir CourtJester! We are proud to have you join the ranks! Huzzah! =)

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Who is CourtJester?
----------------------------------------------------------------
He is one of the judges in The Crush The Castle Players Pack Contest.
He has offered great help in the CTCPP game and has made alive many Castle Builders like SSTG.
He is among the greatest castle builders i.e. SSTG,Fishpreferred,Theopatrus AND CourtJester.
He is one of the oldest castle builder.
He is knighted for the same reason as SSTG except for being the one of the oldest members in CTC community.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Congrats man! now 2 judges of the castle contest are knights..

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So...five of the five reasons are because he was heavily involved in one game? Like, only one? I mean, being involved in something is great, and helping out new people is important, but just CTC?

No. The five points are in answer to "Who is CourtJester?", not "Why was he knighted instead of [name of supposedly more deserving user]?". Only the admin know the reasons behind their decisions, and they aren't going to tell anyone what those are.

It is safer to speculate why he wouldn't be a bad choice for knighthood than why he would be a good one. For example:
He didn't just show up and get instant recognition, but has been a regular since 2009.
He hasn't fawned over the admin in order to get noticed, or even expressed any desire to be knighted.
He hasn't been banned at any point in my knowledge.
He doesn't have a shady or temperamental history.
In fact, I could find evidence of only two possible infractions. The first was having a backup alt in 2011. The second was saying something unguarded during the great gameshare calamity of 2012.

If the admin were to declare that we have enough knights now, and that users are no longer eligible to receive the title, your confusion and apparent agitation would be justified, but this is not the case.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

That's why I only posted things related to CTC.He does not even say thanks.The only thread he participates is the CTCPP contest.Knights are supposed to help people put and play games too...there has to be an equal relationship between these two.
I agree with Matt,If I was knighted,the first thing I would do is to post a speech in this thread and say thanks to everyone who posted congratulations on my profile.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Bloke does what he wants and says what he wants to say. He's entitled to turn his nose up at what has been the "norm" so far; there's nothing to get irritated about.

Personally I think his Knighting is welcome; shows that you don't need to be an active Forumer to be recognised as contributing to the site. It's a game site after all.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

His last point, though, specifically says "He is knighted for the same reason as SSTG except for being the one of the oldest members in CTC community." One game. My comparison to MS Excel still stands.

devansh is not an admin. Therefore my point stands.

Personally, the thing that irritates me is that he was knighted, but, unlike Unleashed, nichodemus, xeano, Minotaur55 and SSTG, he never bother to show up in this thread and introduce himself or say thanks.

Well, really, why should he? Are knights required to shake hands and give speeches? Should we be insulted simply because someone does not need to reinforce his self-esteem with meaningless jestures? Is it that important to you to congradulate someone you don't even know for reasons you aren't even aware of?

I for one hate receiving excessive and/or gratuitous praise, and I find your notion of knightly etiquette quite revolting.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

He was Knighted for his castle making participation, not his temperance. If you have qualms about his eligibility due to a perceived lack of politeness after being Knighted, you may wish to bring this up to the admins. That is all I can say.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Should we be insulted simply because someone does not need to reinforce his self-esteem with meaningless jestures?

Is it that important to you to congradulate someone you don't even know for reasons you aren't even aware of?

The non-rhetorical questions.

Oh please. No one said anything about "gratuitous praise," and there is nothing wrong with showing some etiquette to those who think highly of you.

You don't exactly present yourself as someone who thinks highly of him. As you and R2D21999 have demonstrated, he isn't all that well known either. He received congradulations from the relevant parties on his profile. He responded to them. He should not be required to do so again. Not here or anywhere else.

I have no objection to etiquette. Only to your idea of a person's social obligations in this context.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

he never bother to show up in this thread and introduce himself or say thanks

I would like to point out that this is my first post in this thread since I was knighted. I would also like to ask why this is relevant.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Matt,

There's nothing wrong* with saying out loud "I want to be knighted, and begrudge others being so over me."

So there

* Well, it does of course show one to be the petulant child that perhaps one is. But, if so be it...

Showing 181-195 of 396