ForumsThe TavernReally bad website experiences

25 18258
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

In this thread discuss the unpleasant website experiences you've endured in your past. (Example: Got hacked or harassed)

Mine:
Newgrounds is probably the worst site I've ever been a member of for one reason alone: the moderators there are nothing like the helpful, qualified moderators of this website. One moderator in particular, GoryBlizzard, didn't like my views, so he was always following me around, looking for ways to get me in trouble. I was always getting banned for silly little things like my lack of brevity and personal opinions. The mods of that website harassed me continually, and I can't imagine what the minimal if non-existent qualifications for becoming a Newgrounds mod are! GoryBlizzard in particular was the most pathetic, immature, and rude person I have ever ran into online.

• 25 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

ArmorGames was totally the worst website experience I had. Great games, a community full of great people, and wonderful staff. I don't know how I kept my sanity.

Besides ArmorGames, I did use to go to Roblox but it was so childish. The users acted like they were 5, worlds were never any good, and the staff doesn't seem to do anything about the constant hacks and spams. It was bad.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

There was this one time when I was modding over at Newgrounds and I had to always monitor this user, looking for when he'd fall into trouble. I had to constantly ban this user. He had the most wild-eyed opinions and he would just go on and on, not very concise. I won't tell you my Newgrounds mod name, but let's just say it had to do with very bloody snowfall.

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Kabam the games are f2p but not really like the people wbo buy stuff get specail treatment and the forum arrgh the mods and admins etc stop people saying the truth about the site and some g a mes have SO MANY BUGS but kabam doesn't do anything besides denying them.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Never had one. The interwebz has been kind to moi.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

GoryBlizzard

won't tell you my Newgrounds mod name, but let's just say it had to do with very bloody snowfall.

http://www.tomshw.it/forum/attachments/playstation-3/60348d1368470150-gran-punteggi-black-ops-2-mother-god.jpg

Thread:

I haven't had a really bad website experience, as far as I know.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Haha! Just noticed that!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

There was thing one time where I was on a website and -everybody- hated me so much that they voted to kick me off the island but it was okay because it was actually a trick and instead of being kicked out I become a X-Man and could fly and breathe fire and get retribution against all those pitiful mortals who opposed me and then everyone was happy and cake was shared and everyone was happy.
Oh, then then someone posted a picture of genitals on my profile.

That's my (mostly) true story.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

That's my (mostly) true story.

*Based on a true story

Uhhhhh, ummmmm... bad website experiences. Probably have some but cannot remember because I went there once and left to never come back.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I remember, around 2008 or 2009, I played this game called Hexiom Connect, and it happened to have a level editor. I saw potential in this level editor, so I contacted the developers of the game (never heard back) about my idea to create an entire site centered around building and sharing Hexiom Connect levels. I also created a topic in their forum about it, and while I got no replies, I looked around the rest of their forum, and the main poster was this one idiot who thought it was absolutely hilarious to insult people via animated GIFs and memes. This guy would have been banned in one day in this community, but this forum had no moderators, and after he threw a few of his idiotic words towards me, I decided I didn't want anything further to do with that community or Hexiom Connect.

Then there was the time the Bloonsworld forum was raided by idiots and trolls, but that resolved itself when the forum got deleted.

Newgrounds is probably the worst site I've ever been a member of

Newgrounds is a very poorly run site to begin with. I lasted about 30 minutes there, and was banned automatically for posting three times in the same thread in 15 minutes. I can see why it would make sense to them to implement silly rules like that into their coding, as forum activity was so high, you'd see people post in threads every minute, but automatic banning is not the way to keep people on your site.

I won't get into how their point system works, or, to be more accurate, doesn't.
AwesomeGuy5075
AwesomeGuy5075
1 posts
Nomad

Roblox now is a disaster builderman has like 5 billion robux and he still asks for more!!! and the trading systum is a rip off you could get like 2 robux for 20 tix one day and 2 robux for 60 tix another. and biulders club only games are mean and they have game you have to pay for to just play!!! and theres so many hackers spammers and noobs in roblox uh its just horrible. : (

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I have avoided bad website experiences for the most part, aside from IGN idiots, and overzealous Planet Minecraft moderators.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Addictinggames was okay, then Nickelodeon took over and it wasn't the same. Also, most of the games were childish and I eventually outgrew them.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

There was this one website run by moderators, most of whom had taken on a persona of some form of animal or nonexistent creature.
For some reason, when I went around spreading my glory, people just didn't seem to appreciate my glory as much as they should =/

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

most of the games were childish and I eventually outgrew them.

The site does have a lower target audience, and they don't have the same quality standards as Armor Games does, so that's probably not an unusual reaction. I'm sure most regular Additcing-Gamers outgrow most of the games there by mid-adolescence.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I can't remember having a bad experience. However, when I check those websites of "curious facts/images you would never imagine", some of the things I see make me feel uncomfortable.

Showing 1-15 of 25