ForumsGames(Random) Twitch Plays Pokemon

63 28780
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not sure as to how a thread for this hasn't been made yet, but to summarize (because you should all know about it by now), Twitch is playing Pokemon. That's right. Thousands and thousands of users are playing a pokemon game, just one, at the same time.

Sauce

How does it work

Initially, it was completely chaotic. Each person would input a command, and when the command came to turn the character would do said command (up, down, left, right, start, B, or A).

Currently, a democratic system has been initiated, due to difficulty during a maze portion of the game (the Team Rocket hideout in Celadon). The users spent about a day on that section alone.
What the democratic system does is, every 20 seconds the users vote. They can vote on one of the seven commands, as well has how many times a command is done (example: Start9 would click "start" 9 times).

The players can switch back between the two systems by voting either "anarchy" or "democracy" at any given time. They must pass the dotted line at the top in order for the switch to be made, however.

So, now that we are filled in, discuss the happenings.

Praise be to the Helix Fossil

• 63 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

7:00 AM EST March 2 if you wanna be there from the start of a new generation. Same link of course.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

7:00 AM EST March 2 if you wanna be there from the start of a new generation. Same link of course.

Or I can be sleeping. Sleep always wins.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I missed the start by 2 hours but they haven't really gotten anywhere.
LASERGATOR

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Or I can be sleeping. Sleep always wins.

You already have enough sleep as it is Daleks

Current lineup: Lazor Gator, Bird Jesus II, Oxxy Ozbourne, and ADiiiiiih. I'm not sure what the nickname for the last pokemon will be.

I wanted OXXO to be named Bugs and Kisses :
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

MFW I get banned from Pokemon Twitch for 500 seconds because I took Helix's name in vain. The moderators there take this lore too seriously >.>

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not a fan of two names so far..

"Bird Jesus II" has done nothing so far to prove his worth other than be a pidgey.

Lazergator..just sounds like a forced meme, as kenty pointed out.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

What about Baby Jesus and King Leer? :O

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I think TPP is the dumbest thing ever. Just mai opinion.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think TPP is the dumbest thing ever. Just mai opinion.

I think you're dumb. Just my opinion.

Ewwwww. No. This Pidgey is nothing like Bird Jesus and shall not be named in relation to Bird Jesus at all.
I am fin with Lazergator. I like that one. Don't like King Leer as much.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Ewwwww. No. This Pidgey is nothing like Bird Jesus and shall not be named in relation to Bird Jesus at all.

Bird Muhammad? It is a sequel after all :P
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't think this pidgey should be named anything "Bird Jesus" related at all until he proves himself worthy of the title.

King Leer I could be ok with..if it weren't so early in the game :|
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

He does not even know leer so King Leer is a horrible name now.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I wonder if Red Gyrados will end up in the final team or not. Or if they're starter will even make it that far.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Brian is a great name for the Pidgey. Good job, community, I like your Monty Python reference.
Lazergator..just sounds like a forced meme, as kenty pointed out.

I like lazergator ._.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

So we have a minor problem, ladies and gentlemen:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/709/962/496.jpg

Showing 31-45 of 63