ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Moderator Messengers

16 9102
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I was speaking to MrDayCee and I think his words can apply to all active mods/admins.

The thing was they get social messages just talking, and interacting with other users, then they get Moderator/Admin messages that are about the site wellness and items that need to be taken care of in that sense.

My proposal was to have an extra Moderator/Administrator Messenger box.
This would be where the site/Moderation/Admin Things that they need to take care of would be. That way the messenger would be strictly for social interaction, and would not have to be sifted through to find the tasks that need to be fulfilled.

Some unique functions could be an exact link imbedder to the post/user/link in question. Also functions to search keywords such as Spam or Hack. Then A check box for the mods, so the posts will either disappear, or be filed into another system so they know what tasks/problems they have dealt with.

Let me know potential problems/ your feed back on this. I think it will really help, but It may also be an invitation to spam...

~~Black~~

• 16 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So one messenger for modding stuff and one messenger for social stuff?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I was speaking to MrDayCee and I think his words can apply to all active mods/admins.

Well see ya guys, I'm packing my bags, time to cash in my vacation time.
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

we can already message them in their comment section no need for another one

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Frank! Wait! I need a vacation too!! Frank? Frank! Fraaaaank!! Don't leave me!!! ... ... ... (oO)

*sighs*

Allright... let's see... *cracks knuckles* ...ouch! That hurts?! =/

Allthough I can understand what you mean, seeing as I am the one you spoke with earlier, I do have to point out that there's no need for a separate commenting system on a Mod's and/or Admin's profile.

You see, adding a second messenger will only add to confusion and has no real function, other than reporting matters that can be written in the current messenger already. We simply need to sift through them and filter out the urgent matters we need to attend to. Part of our job! =)

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

[quote]Well see ya guys, I'm packing my bags, time to cash in my vacation time.

Frank! Wait! I need a vacation too!! Frank? Frank! Fraaaaank!! Don't leave me!!! ... ... ... (oO)[/quote]

I think you missed the intent of that post, but that's cool.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Nobody told me I wasn't a mod anymore.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I know, right? Tell me about. I feel all your feels.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Dang man. I meant what he said about having to search through comments.
Geez of course u guys are mods! Don't take my words out-o context
Thanks for the service.
Sorry the suggestion would not work...

~~Black~~

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

[quote]I was speaking to MrDayCee and I think his words can apply to all active mods/admins.

Geez of course u guys are mods! Don't take my words out-o context [/quote]

It was most definitely in context. You're just missing the blatant point that you believe the word of DayCee is the word of everyone on the 'team'. Which it is not.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

It was most definitely in context. You're just missing the blatant point that you believe the word of DayCee is the word of everyone on the 'team'.

The active real mod team. Yeah I saw what they were saying, I don't need to be explained to. I was joking as well.

I know, right? Tell me about. I feel all your feels.

you believe the word of DayCee is the word of everyone on the 'team'.

Not my point, but I see it. Why you ragging still dude.

ALL and all, Sorry It would not help the MOD team.

~~Black~~
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The active real mod team. Yeah I saw what they were saying, I don't need to be explained to. I was joking as well.

That's convenient. It's a joke all of a sudden.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I like this idea,could be applicable for knights too.
=)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

could be applicable for knights too.

Did you ever read the start post.?.. and did you understand what knights are?

This would be where the site/Moderation/Admin Things that they need to take care of would be

Knights are not part of the staff, we dont moderate/working on the site.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'd also suggest reading Mr. DayCee's response on the previous page.

Seems adequate.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Things are obviously blown out of proportion and misunderstood here. So to clear things up a bit... what Blackbeltr0 meant to say was this:

He was simply commenting to me about the subject and thought this could be a beneficial feature for reporting stuff. He meant to say that this feature could be implemented for the Mods and Admins, not that my words could be seen as if I were to speak for the entire Mod Team and/or AG Staff...

Now, to get it back on track... anyone else have a thought about the suggested feature? =)
Showing 1-15 of 16