ForumsQuestsEpic Boss Fighter Quests

48 37258
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Here are eight new quests for Epic Boss Fighter.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/548ab7aea9626a3920a0f826303ae2f5.png?v=1394479950&vv=1395264514
Mole Hunt
Defeat the 3rd boss.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/50ed8be33a5584342968578ecef1b531.png?v=1394479971&vv=1395264453
Minions
Buy all 3 droids.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/3d3192807cc8922eaa373e164ec6d5d5.png?v=1394480016&vv=1395264386
Epic Battle
Defeat the final boss.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/31273b912d660fc5d5883df775be1651.png?v=1394479995&vv=1395264253
Pest Control
Kill 400 small bugs.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/7fd2a690fde793312d27ffbf62818860.png?v=1394480034&vv=1395264344
Completist
Upgrade EVERYTHING.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/32002c1e092726cd5b8dfcb9c16c0899.png?v=1394480107&vv=1395264312
Dodge Fight
Beat the game without getting hit in one run.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/f09698a7cd57368124551752570cd5e4.png?v=1394815571&vv=1395263888
8 below
Defeat 8 bosses on endless mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15837/media/icon/d1f6a3ba0d5b6132fed899d29d47fb7f.png?v=1394815599&vv=1395264193
Mission Impossible
Defeat 5 bosses on endless (insane) mode.

• 48 Replies
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Finished all quests. Mostly quite simple for insane once you know how is still challenging but not too difficult. Made small movements and always made sure firepower was on boss. Quick reaction times help also.

digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

I've got'em all! Last one, the insane one, was really tough!
I had to restart the game for some of them, because I've already played this game before!

I need new quests now! Please, don't take so long this time!!!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Which movement method did you all use for getting Mission Impossible (Defeat 5 bosses on endless (insane) mode.)?

Keyboard or mouse?

Also, was it easier to not upgrade to the robot suit and just play as the the guy (Blast) for the quest Dodge Fight (Beat the game without getting hit in one run)? The guy looks like he'd be a smaller target, but perhaps the suit upgrades help?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I have yet to achieve the dodge fight so I dont know if im the best person to answer this but I found a very small size difference if any when getting the suit. Id recommend getting it since it make the harder battles shorter with the explosive power up and the bonus to stats.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Id recommend getting it since it make the harder battles shorter with the explosive power up and the bonus to stats.

That was a great tip! I just got the Dodge Fight (Beat the game without getting hit in one run) quest after purchasing the robot suit.

I also used the mouse to move. It seemed a bit easier to make tiny movements with my character when using the mouse movement.
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

The regular suite has so LOW power you'll spend an eternity even the lowest-HP bosses, so even though its ability would be more useful, it is practically suicide.

I see no problem with mouse.

The real problem for insane is, that:
- the bullets shot way too fast
- bugs can not be shot down having too much HP (or this is just bad coding?)
- you get hurt with each hit immensly. You practically die at the second wound.
- HP-packages don't help (they are not frequent enough to even make you survive one more hit.
- bomb no longer effects bugs (bad coding)
- for all the aboves you must find new patterns.

Some tips for insane:
- spider is like before, but somewhat luck-based (sometimes you can't get out of the boss for bugs blocking your way)
- ant-colony (eye) monster is the same, but luck-based (if too many bug comes diagonally, you'll die)
- cactus is the same, very easy (at the beginning go to the upper half of the screen, then shoot down the first three minors it puts down when immediately go back up, repeat)
- alien is ok (when shooting lasers go up on the side, bullets are more rare)
- rock-golem is ok (same as regular, somewhat luckbased for the incrised speed)
- blue tank (same as regular, purely luck based for speed)
- tank (unknown, bombing phase same as regular)
- "final boss" (same as regular, luck-based for bugs can not be eliminated)
- robot (unknown method, for bombing phase the same as regular)
- plane (unknown, granade phase the same as regular)

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Pro-tips for Insanity:
- Set the resolution to High -> play until the game starts to lag
- start Insane Mode
- Spider: shoot the legs. Gives better visuals. The spider moves to the side you were shooting. The lag helps you to avoid the occasional bugs. Bomb does not effect anything here.
- Monster in the Ground: The lag is the only thing what makes you manouver between the bugs. You'll still need good reflexes as the lag is not entirely to be trusted, the bugs will still be fast and many, not to mention it just luves to try spawn bugs low.
- Rock Golem: the lag makes you to avoid the projectiles more easily. Do NOT go for the red-dot, not worth it, just stay alive. The lag is not to be trusted here either, can make you die if it gets back to normal speed -> try to be as far from the shoot-hand as possible. One hit suffered is acceptable.
- Alien: the lag makes you able doing this possibly flawless. The lag not entirely be trusted though, so prepare with good reflexes.. Stand on the up (left side not tested) and be careful. One hit suffered is acceptable.
- Cactus: easy
- Blue Tank: start with a Bomb immediatelly. Try to stay DOWN, before the tank, so you hit it even during bubble-time. During bubble-time the lag is trusted. During main-weapon-beam lag is not to be trusted, and there'sa bug what makes slow beam suddenly turn to fast beam, what is a guaranteed lifeloss. As soon as the Bomb recharged shoot it again. Beam attack sequence: slow -> slow -> fast -> ? (you should finish this during the first fast beam) One hit suffered is acceptable.
- Final Boss: lag must be relied on. If possible pass to the left side when the logs from the upper part descend. Do not haste it though if bugs prevent you - witha good lag you can pass between the very last logs if you have to. Also start this boss with a Bomb, and as soon as it recharged blast it again to finish it (sooner or later you won't be able to pass the logs coming from the top). One hit suffered is acceptable.
- Plane: the lag helps you a lot, although it is still the same anyway. "Blind Spots" are right before the red dots. There is bug here: sometimes even if you don't move and all projectile goes the same way, you still get hurt. Theonly advice I can give is to try finish this boss fast.
- tank: lag is practically a must-have if you ask me. Start aiming the red dot, then during the first bombardment get on the right side of the tank, and stay upmost. This way if you pay attantion you'll be able to avoid the crossfire. No idea what comes next, I could kill it only a couple of times, and with seriously hurt.
- Robot: practically impossible with its health. "Sooner or later everyone's luck gets drained." Takes no less than 5 bomb cast and tons of minutes to finish this. I'd only try if this is the 4th-5th boss.
- No boss can come twice in a row.
- A boss may come again leaping one level. I once fought 3 Monster in the Ground during a run of five.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

There is absolutely no reason to rely on lag, especially since that is going to result in fast-slow jerks that are going to kill you. Lag makes the run HARDER, not easier.

Every single boss has the same patterns, and every bit is completely dodgeable. Relying on lag makes it HARDER to reliably dodge them.

The Robot is one of the easiest bosses, and if you think it's impossible with his health, that means you're just sitting there shooting and letting him heal. The 4 pads on the ground, when they start to tick (always when he starts meteors), if you let them get to full, he heals for a LARGE chunk of life. All you have to do is touch them before they count and the heal is prevented. So when the pads start ticking just move left, then move right. With the suit and full upgrades (which you should have anyway), you can shut the pads down at about halfway charged. No luck involved - he always shoots the same patterns, just like all the other bosses. It only takes about 3 pad sequences to kill him - less than a minute.

I have no idea why you think the final boss needs lag to beat - he was almost exactly the same as the normal one, he just has a bit more HP. At no point during the boss are the tentacles not dodgeable. Go to the bottom of the screen and you can dodge between ANY two tentacles at any time. Then for the horizontal ones just track to the right of the screen, after the top 2 tentacles go out, move up and left so you're out of range of the tentacles.. When the right tentacles come out, same thing, as soon as the top 2 go out, go up and back to the middle. When the 4th tentacle is done, go back to the bottom of the screen. Ignore the eye - it will take a little longer but he has so many HP that the eye doesn't matter that much anyway because it keeps moving. Bomb takes a significant chunk out of him if you fire it when the eye is open.

The blue tank is also one of the easiest bosses, and you're making it more difficult by relying on unreliable lag. Start shooting at the treats while the beam revs up, as he starts shooting at you just slowly track to the other side of the tank. You should be able to shoot him the entire time he is beaming with proper movement, the beam should stop around when you get to the other tread. Then the circular bullet train is easy to dodge because they're well spaced. Go back to the edge of the tread, keep shooting while the beam revs up, slowly track to the other side. Rinse, repeat. Shouldn't take more than 2-3 beams to finish him.

The monster in the ground you shouldn't be maneuvering between bugs. You should be tracking from one side to the other, dodging as you go. The larger bugs track where you are, so yeah, if you sit in place and try to dodge, they are going to hit you.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

There is a new version of this uploaded, should be fixed.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser
The lag for me was constant, and there was enough empty space to adapt to a sudden centi-second change.

The Final Boss caused me problem for being immensly fast, especially with all the little bugs. Many times there was simply no way you could with the supposed insane speed avoid the logs and the bugs too, no matter what you'd try.

Asno boss has "two tentacle", I'm not reacting on that paragraph.

Thx for the tip on the robot, I never thought of that.

For Ground Monster: I don't know how you'd do that with all the little bugs around. I'm happy if I can manouver in a relatively small area, not giving the chance bumping into something unexpected. When you need to be so fast and precise, there's no way to see the whole screen.

On Blue Tank: the Fast Beam many times does NOT stop when you reach the other end.
The bubble-shower is again NOT easy to avoid on Insane, as the pattern sometimes changes direction, making it very hard to dodge at Insane Speed. Anyway, the whole bubble-shower is way easier to dodge at low speed, and my tips were written under lag-conditions mostly.
But I can tell the number of beams you need to kill it with Robot Suit: more than three IF you cast Bomb once. And as the third beam is a Fast Beam, I'd consider finishing it fast.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

The quests do not activate if you have already completed them. You can replay in order to get the defeat the final boss, but most of the other quests are impossible to achieve without starting over from scratch.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@twilight - If you lag, that's fine, but you specifically recommended that people set the game quality to high and play until it lags, claiming it was a 'ro-tip'.

Not only is it not a pro-tip, its an extremely poor strategy and makes it HARDER.

I still don't know why you think the final boss is so hard. The tentacles don't get any faster. You can dodge between any 2 vertical tentacles at any time as long as you're at the bottom of the screen. The bugs move relatively slowly and in a straight line. If you're paying attention at all it should be obvious whether you can slip between tentacles or whether you need to move right and wait for another one. You can't dodge through the same one every time. If you're sitting all the way on the right of the screen hoping to dodge the last tentacle, yeah, you're going to take hits. I always started aiming for the gap between tentacle 3-4, that gave me plenty of time to move to the right if necessary.

And on the turret boss, I just did it again. Without using a bomb, killed him just as the 3rd beam started to fire. If you are getting past the other side before the beam runs out, it means you're moving too far to dodge. The beam, like the bulk of other shots, targets where you're standing - dodging way to the side doesn't help you, the next shot is still going wherever you're standing. You dodge JUST enough so that it doesn't hit you, slowly working your way side to side.

The ground monster, again, you're making it harder by sitting in a tiny spot. The large bugs target where you are standing, if you sit in the same spot it is significantly harder to dodge. The small bugs always spawn midway up the screen, as long as you're on the bottom you have plenty of time to dodge them.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser
As the game sonner or later will enter to Constant Lag Mode, it IS a pro-tip not to try to avoid it, even hasten it, because it makes the game EASIER.

On the Final Boss:
it is NOT true that you can any time pass between two vertical log. Many-many times bugs spawn and walk right at the bottom horizontally, making that impossible. So not the logs/tentacles are the real problem there, but the small bugs (which again in the last version did not die from Bomb, no clue on the current version).
Btw, I start to watch fr pass-chance for vertical logs from the first 1/3 of the screen (to have enough space manouver from small bugs). Unfortunately (even at lag-speed what is crawling) I many times (especially when the boss-HP went down below 1/4) I had to w8 until the very last log.

On Blue Tank:
I don't know what version you play, but that's simply not true for Insane (or was not for the previous version, not checking the current, as although the game was worthy for quests, it doesn't go to my favourites).

On Ground Monster:
Green Small Bugs go ALMOST straight down, diverging to either side randomly. As we're talking 'bout Insane Mode, they fast reach the bottom (so you can bump into them if you mindlessly run from side to side), and their route is short, so you can not dodge them well.
Red Small Bugs pass diagonally, aiming your position where you are when they spawn. As the Boss here has high HP, at least a couple of times they'll spawn at both side of the screen, covering most of the bottom half of the screen.
The Small Bugs spawn all over the field, but approximately at fixed locations. This, and the required focused attention for the high speed of the game makes it most effective if you try to stay in a 3*3 cm location as long as possible. Of course sometimes your only chance is to pass the whole screen, but that's very-very risky always.

But hey, maybe it's just different play-style!
Have fun!

popington
popington
119 posts
Chamberlain

how do you restart the game???

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@popington Go back to the main menu screen and click the trash can icon.

Showing 16-30 of 48