ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152936
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
falafelorc
falafelorc
11 posts
Count

I just got a cryptic warning about talismans in the bottom row of the "storage". it is also a red row....hmmmmmmm

shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

what is the reason for the blue gem have a trait cap at 90% slow for 2 seconds, whilst all other gems don't seem to have a cap on their traits?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Because if a monster got any slower than that, they'd be movin' BACKWARD. Hah.

Not that I'd have any sort of an issue with that.

DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

So, I finished GC today and it was an anticlimax. Over last few hexes I used same tactics (which is my fault), but encountered no resistance. Nearly no Shadows, no Spires, nothing. Cleaned last map in around 20 waves, before it really took off. Some bosses or other challenges could be nice here, but if finished sooner than expected

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

High level talismans have +1 to all skills levels.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

I did two endurance run and i went from level 300 or something to 1780!

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

what is the reason for the blue gem have a trait cap at 90% slow for 2 seconds, whilst all other gems don't seem to have a cap on their traits?

1)Yellow has a cap as well, at 80% chance to go off.

2) Because 100% slow (or even 99%) would be OP. A blue-red trap would freeze enemies forever, and with 99% it'd take enemies many minutes to cross it.

3) Things that increase special % (traps, barrage on traps, etc) will increase the slow duration. I generally use several BWR traps, and while I haven't seen over 10 seconds, but I never check.
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Oooh...that sounds pretty epic.

http://s4.postimg.org/t4aej33t9/Screen_Shot_2014_04_18_at_5_37_27_PM.png

Look forward to it. You can get fairly nice fragments on relatively low levels with maxed traits + the booster. Fragments above level 80 can give +1 to all skills.
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I did two endurance run and i went from level 300 or something to 1780!

I did two full stats on glaring (no haunting yet) and run from 360 to about 660 to 1k tomorrow I will unlock glaring and do the final run.
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay...where do I get the Bloodbound skill from?

shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

1)Yellow has a cap as well, at 80% chance to go off.

2) Because 100% slow (or even 99%) would be OP. A blue-red trap would freeze enemies forever, and with 99% it'd take enemies many minutes to cross it.

3) Things that increase special % (traps, barrage on traps, etc) will increase the slow duration. I generally use several BWR traps, and while I haven't seen over 10 seconds, but I never check.

The multiplier of the yellow gem is uncapped and it scales extremely well as you upgrade it, the blue gem however won't ever 'slow' for more than 2 seconds if it isn't put into a trap, because of this you only want the bare minimum of blue in a gem as anymore will hinder the other colors which does benefit from upgrades.
I don't want blue to become OP but is it too much to ask for a slight duration increase as you upgrade it.
stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Just finished my x4 endurance round, reached 3k after it which is nice, also a 100 talisman and about 4.5k sc: http://puu.sh/8eipI.jpg

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

zzxxzz I have two 70 fragments who also give to all skills, but i guess in trade off their other stats are less desirable..both have traits related to orblets(bah, if they steal them you lost anyway), initial mana(I have more than enough) etc etc.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

WELL, THAT WAS WEIRD. Got a shadow on field F3, except I was on looming difficulty and I don't have the Chasing Shadows trait, nor did I have any other trait activated. Wtf...

pbhead
pbhead
8 posts
Nomad

Those are some really impressive awesomeneeses, stickpag and zzxxzz3

Clearly I am doing something wrong. What would you say to a lv 80 who is having no problems beating the next field, but is getting really tired of the grind, and wants to stop being lv 80?

I am premium. missing 6 skills (2 gems, one missing each of strike and enhancement spells, top right corner might skill, and the third bomb skill (not fury or demolition).

Showing 361-375 of 465