ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152825
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Wrong the orange circle happens when a marked/twisted/possessed monster dies and if it has the healing others ability. If so, a orange beaconlike light will appear for a bit.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I just checked, Chain Hit works the same. It's just displayed differently.

Let's assume a chain hit "length" of 4.5.. This is how many monsters it can hit before the chain hit must stop. Now, since there's a .5, that means a 50% chance of hitting an additional monster along with all the monsters already hit. Chain Hit will never hit an enemy more than once, though.

So, some examples:
6.87 = 6 monsters + 87% chance of seventh monster
1.56 = 1 monster + 56% chance of second monster
3 = 3 monsters
2.42 = 2 monsters + 42% chance of third monster

Hope this helped clear up any confusion on Chain Hit.

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

ah not the orange circle. to sum the above up.
0.96 means a 96% chance to hit an additional monster.
1.35 means 1 additional monster hit guaranteed and a 35% chance to hit a third monster.

however, this chain hit won't extend across the map. so the chain length also represents a circular range from the initially hit monster.
8.77 would mean 8 additional monsters + a 77% chance for a ninth one, but only within the range of 8.77.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

ah not the orange circle. to sum the above up.
0.96 means a 96% chance to hit an additional monster.
1.35 means 1 additional monster hit guaranteed and a 35% chance to hit a third monster.

however, this chain hit won't extend across the map. so the chain length also represents a circular range from the initially hit monster.
8.77 would mean 8 additional monsters + a 77% chance for a ninth one, but only within the range of 8.77.

You people still insist on saying it's different? PEOPLE, LOOK AT THE POST I MADE ON IT.

I just checked, Chain Hit works the same. It's just displayed differently.

Let's assume a chain hit "length" of 4.5.. This is how many monsters it can hit before the chain hit must stop. Now, since there's a .5, that means a 50% chance of hitting an additional monster along with all the monsters already hit. Chain Hit will never hit an enemy more than once, though.

So, some examples:
6.87 = 6 monsters + 87% chance of seventh monster
1.56 = 1 monster + 56% chance of second monster
3 = 3 monsters
2.42 = 2 monsters + 42% chance of third monster

Hope this helped clear up any confusion on Chain Hit.
funI
funI
1 posts
Bard

Thank you, this was very helpful.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'm seriously tired of always losing on V3.

What should I do?

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ed71np.jpg

Once your main gem is level 10. Combine it with a level 10 white gem. If white is not avaible then you will need a second tower.

Other than that keep upgrading your main gem as soon as possible.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Once main gem is level 13, just upgrade gems in amplifiers, here it should like like this at final wave: http://oi58.tinypic.com/9a49q8.jpg

You should have much more mana than me because i salvaged some high grades gems and yeah made me loose a lot of mana.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Also some monsters reached my orb becasue i called waves 10 per 10 for most of the level and this gem has no chain hit lol.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Thats fastest way to do it, if you want you can also make mana traps and anger waves, but thats just waste of time considering the amount of exp you will get.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I see several things wrong with this.

1. Gem no have Bloodbound. Why. Poolbound is bloody useless in late game.
2. Y U NO CHAIN HIT?
3. Way too many armor tearing traps, but that's probably necessary.

Anyway, will go back and try this...

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Chain hit is useless if you dont enrage waves.
2 level 3 purple will do better than 1 level 4.

You want to get yellow modifier as high as possible.

Look at the amount of hits on my gem, black with this amount of hits is worse than white with level 12 mana pool.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Better, actually - it can be amplified

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Better, actually - it can be amplified

This is actually one of the reasons Bloodbound is better than Poolbound: Its hits-to-stats ratio can be amplified by surrounding a gem that has a black component with gems that either are pure black or have a black component. This allows you to exponentially increase a gem's damage if it has the bloodbound component.
pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

You people still insist on saying it's different? PEOPLE, LOOK AT THE POST I MADE ON IT.

No, it is the same for the most part. except for it doesn't stack over ridiculous distances like the past games.
Showing 391-405 of 465