ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows Vision Fields

34 42042
fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Hey everyone!

So far, it seems that the most interesting challenge are the vision fields. The fact that the talisman and skill points are inactive seem to make them rather challenging. Currently, I have worked out how to beat vision field V1 consistently, without requiring too much luck. I did it again, and I recorded it for anyone who might be stuck on it. It did take a good 7-14 tries for me. :P

Without further ado: Beating vision field V4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQyCHZENv8

With that being said, I seem to be having a bit of trouble with vision field V1, but I have not really tried it that much, yet, so we will see how that goes. Any tips from the people who have beat V4?

Good luck, and happy shadow hunting,
-fiss

• 34 Replies
Ell1e
Ell1e
15 posts
Scribe

V1 is really special in that you can be too good to beat it. At least that's what happened to me.

Okay, so first of all, you start with a huge amount of mana. As the experienced GemCraft player, you now proceed to place towers all over the map, back them up with amplifiers and watch the monsters die. Which is exactly how you lose. Remember, the goal here is not to beat the 99 waves (although this might work too, I haven't tried it yet), but to charge the nodes and free the Gem of Eternity.

What I did was place two towers and two amplifiers at the top left node and use some walls to make the enemies walk around the other nodes. Then I just waited until the Freeze spell had charged and a deven amount of monsters were grouped around a node and froze them. The important part is that there's no towers near most of the nodes, so you'll get the whole charge boost. Once a node is charged, see if you can switch the paths around to get more enemies near other nodes.

Top left will be the last node to charge, but by this point enemies should be strong enough to survive until they're close enough. It took me a bit over 60 waves to get everything charged. Without armor tearing gems, the waves past 70 might be too tough, so try to be done by then.

Lotoreo
Lotoreo
14 posts
Nomad

How did you guys beat V3? Reached wave 200 a view times, but then creeps just get to tough for me...

Elvenspirit
Elvenspirit
6 posts
Peasant

actually ell1e that over-complicates things, build a single strong gem with an amplifier, skip waves and hold onto the gem (have it ready in the tower, just pick it up and don't place it in inv so it can't shoot) don't let the mobs reach the orb but lift the gem back up when it risks killing frozen enemies.

When your out of freezes skip more waves to recharge and if you time it right you can stack the heck out of enemies to remain freezing.

I've been doing it since earlier gemcrafts so i mean i have some practice judging on when to release the gem but it isn't too hard to pull off. and the trick really helps for these challenges.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

How did you guys beat V3? Reached wave 200 a view times, but then creeps just get to tough for me...

I built one tower and 8 amplifiers in the middle where the Gem of Eternity was in Chapter 0 and just upgraded those constantly. By the end my tower gem was grade 13 and the amplifiers were 7 or 8. Everything was dual chain/bloodbound. Just do that and use your enhancement spells often and you should be good.
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

V3 is quite easy to do: white (for v1.0.4 I think black would be more suitable)+orange+red+yellow trap, powered by amplifers, at the first corner, blue+purple before it.

radoslavus
radoslavus
1 posts
Farmer

V4 - piece of cake
V2 - 1 dual gem (yellow/red) and amplifiers around it, near the orb. Freeze those monsters near the pillars. 50 waves and its done. quite easy
V3 - at first like V2, but later you have to add more towers with amplifiers. I had 2 towers with ampli around them and another 4 towers near those amplifiers. You must also enrage almoust every wave (in my case 3-4 gems grade 2 for each wave). Towers placed at top left corner. At the end I had two 13 grade dual gems and a lot of 9 or 10 grade in amplifiers.
V1 - I'd played it only once and was beaten. And i couldn't even fully charge one pillar
Lvl 87 and I'm currently stuck on Q6, R3, R5.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

Where is v3? I can't find it.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Guys come on, V1 is actually one of the easiest level of the game, you dont need a single gem to bea it, just make walls at smart place and then call 90 waves non stop. Calling waves reduce freeze cooldown, and non-stop calling waves gives you tons of mana.

you can survive until the very last wave with 0 kills and you will have 90k mana or more..

Its super easy to do, you can even do it without a single monster reaching your orb because you call waves so fast that you can perma freeze the creeps near the orb.

I used this level to complete a lot of acheivements such as slowing 90 monsters at same time or summoning 300 giants, or even banishing 1200 monsters.

This level is very easy, the goal is not killing anything.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

I even made a screen shot for you guys, 0 kills and none reached the orb.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/4vicy0.jpg

heros271
heros271
2 posts
Blacksmith

Dude. This works Oo

Awesome.

falafelorc
falafelorc
11 posts
Count

I'm curious can you beat V2 without charging?

dspn23
dspn23
1 posts
Nomad

you can do V2 on the same way as V1. (calling all waves earlier)
i've done it as well. only prblem is that u get a crapy xp (1300 in my case)
as for beating the 99 waves, don't do it, you will lose (unfortunate discovery i've made...) it's just like a wizard tower, as soon as final wave stars you die

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Can someone explain to me why V3 seems to change appearance as you get further and further?

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

V3 changes appearance as you become a higher level? It hasn't changed for me...

shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

V4 is even more annoying with the 1.0.14 patch which made shadows OP when all waves are finished

Showing 1-15 of 34