ForumsThe Tavern(Late April Fools': Parts 1 & 2) What are the Odds of this Happening?

19 10596
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

After logging in my front page was all ads for World of Warplanes.

Here's a screencap:
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/WhtWWP.jpg

What are the chances? But, it might not be that strange. I've seen the World of Warplanes ad many times before games, so maybe they bought a lot of ad space (or however it works) and their ads show up a lot, or they paid for a full front page of ads, or maybe my previous browsing habits had an effect. But the whole front page being focused on one thing is new to me.

• 19 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

But see, your patronage is vital to their continued success. You must play their game. You simply must. The world* may depend on it.

* Disclaimer: The world does not actually depend on it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Good thing those wallpapers don't contribute to the sound, lest you have R.I.P Headphone User syndrome.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Good thing those wallpapers don't contribute to the sound, lest you have R.I.P Headphone User syndrome.

It might be pretty cool to hear the World of Warplanes ad septuple-tracked, as long as there wasn't any delay between them. You'd have to turn your sound down, of course, as the echo might be a little too intense to be heard on the standard volume level.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You realize this is only the beginning. Pretty soon, the Warplanes ads will find new ways of infiltrating your everyday life if you don't start playing the game. Today, it's all over the Armor Games homepage. Tomorrow it will be on the side of a bus, or on a billboard, or perhaps even in sticker form eight times on the back of a cheap 90s car's bumper. The next day, you'll start seeing these ads on the back of magazines you subscribe to, or maybe on a flyer given to you by some eager young DJ asking you to come to his spin session tonight. There won't be any information on the spin session; it will just be a World of Warplanes ad. Pretty soon, you'll be receiving emails, texts, and even snapchats from the World of Warplanes ad council. You'll fall asleep one night, and every 15 minutes, the 30-second ad will play in your dreams. They can find you there too. You'll wake up the next morning, sweating from this obnoxious nightmare, only to find that your TV is on playing that very same ad on loop. You know now that you can't escape. They will find you wherever you go. Your only hope is to sign up for the game and hope they don't find out that you'll never actually play it again. That's the only way to beat the system.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

This is just confirmation that AG is turning into WorldofWarplanes.com

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I don't think those are advertisements. I think the warplanes might have battled on the home page, and you happened to witness it.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Well, HAVE you played world of warplanes?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've improved that for you...

http://i.imgur.com/RQvMzG5.jpg

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hmmm... **** happens?

And not all... the "Promoted Game" show different stuff^^

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It happened again today. Only this time it's all Rio 2 ads.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/AllRio.jpg

I guess they buy for whole page ads, I've seen it on a few other sites, I think.
Has this happened to anyone else?

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

First world of warplanes and now rio 2.. I think the site is tapping into your subconscious desire to fly..

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

One of these days the warplanes are going to attack the Rio birds and your home page will be covered in feathers and airplane parts.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Lucky sod!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Aaaaannnd now it's Krave S'mores. Fantastic.

You're lucky. I'd rather have tasty cereal than Template MMO ads
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Aaaaannnd now it's Krave S'mores. Fantastic.

I accidentally clicked on that one, and of all things, it took me to some Facebook log-in page. I don't even know what Facebook is, and they're telling me I have to log in just to further my accidental cereal query.
Showing 1-15 of 19