ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 148106
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Archlord, start with manafarm on any map. It will allow you to boost yourself by tons of levels.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

xroads, no. It would be equivalent if duals had 50% special, which isn't the case. Duals have 80%? (correct me if I'm wrong) per special, which is 160 percent special. Duals are better than pures in amplifiers.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

70% so yeah 140%. I tested it in this thread on pg 3 or 4.

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

could someone possibly make a video about the proper way to make these even gems, i have a pain of a time understanding them via text >.> mainly being dyslexic

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

Like i understand what you have to do to achieve a grade 10 perfect gem, but how do you after that >.>

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

After you reach my example of what I do for a grade 10,

Duplicate it.

Make a grade 10 orange and grade 10 black.

Combine one grade 10 quad gem with orange, one G10 with the black.

Combine the grade 11s.

Get a grade 12.

And continue the same way.

I know you said you wanted a video but I don't want my game to crash, it's frightfully laggy. Took me 25 minutes to get the stats on those grade 50s, it lagged a ton with duplicating, combining, etc :/

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

15 minutes ago I upgraded to G77 (wave 60)

Ok. I will try my best to upgrade to G99.

I change my mana farm from 2 gems back to 1 which needs more concern

The Shadows are going to be my largest enemy now.

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

http://i58.tinypic.com/27xgd48.jpg

After re-arranging the amp gems, G77 can make e+21 damage.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ive noticed the use of ROBB, but wouldnt Red Orange Bloodbound + Poolbound lead to far more mana?

i was thinking a trap setup where you have the "super slower" on the first tile, followed by "mana farmer" in the middle which is red/orange/Bloodbound/poolbound, finally "the killer" red/yellow/bloodbound/poolbound

im almost certain that quad setup gives more mana by many orders of magnitude at that gem grade

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

Poolbound won't help a lot since mana farm level grow very slow after G50

3.1e+24 = Level 59 which I am facing now

In fact, Poolbound and bloodbound won't times themselves up, they only provide a plus. (Provide by others in the forum)

Poolbound is good for lower gem levels.
Bloodbound is good for higher levels (but it grow slowly after 0.1b(1e+08) hits)

Level 099 gem = 1.71133e+31 mana
Level 100 gem = 3.42266e+31 mana

I am now leeching 1e+21 mana per frame, where is the end?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Nope, pool and blood mods are additive. W/o pool, blood, chain, mana all get about +30% boost. With blue, you add it til it reaches 90% and then never add it again. So its essentially a triple gem with a squished-yet-maxed 4th.

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

I understand now, I was confused in the thought of i should still be adding even red/blue components :P now i see, so for something like grade 40 you duplicate it, make a G40 blk, G40 O and just repeat~ thanks c:

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

Agree that Duplicate a G40 Gem
Disagree that Duplicate a G75+ Gem

It waste too much mana.

Heading to G79, 4e+24 to go with no more wave left and 34000 monsters in the screen with their best friend; heavy lag

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

Boring Calculation:
31940 hit per step
Leeches 10,610,844,270,000,000 (1e+16) Leeches mana per hit
Total should be 3.38910e+20 per step
But it actually 1.65117e+21 mana is given per hit
The total has a 4.872 times more
Where does it come from?

2 Gems Mode:
60000 per hit
Leeches 1.1(e+16) per hit in average
But it actually gives around 3.2e+21 mana per hit
The total is also around 4.8 times more

Who can explain this?

Now is still G78, I did something wrong with the old gem, I created a new one which is now G77 only

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

I don't understand how you can handle 34k monsters. I can't handle more than 6k.

On a different note - anyone else notice that pure black seems to be better in amps than black/orange? I haven't experimented to see if maybe a 25/75 or some other mix would be more ideal yet.

And finally, what I'd like to do is make a spread sheet that let's you lay this out and experiment to see what is more optimal given any arbitrary gem level, color mix, skills, etc. I know someone on reddit calculated the coefficients used for each upgrade, but turning that in to a formula that gives you an n level gem with an arbitrary mix of colors is really complicated, especially when we see more efficient methods of combining that are laid out in this thread. Has anyone attempted this? My first thought is to create a bunch of tables on separate sheets calculating each step at a time.

It's times like this that it hits me that I'm spending way too much time on a friggin flash game.

Showing 61-75 of 496