ForumsThe TavernI want to play a game...

110 42724
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/amessage_zps2dc1a6b3.png

• 110 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

The first letter of each line. For example:

"Do you know the difference between grammar and spelling? Because this is just bad spe1ling."

The first letter is a D.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I am looking for feedback on this thing.

Did you enjoy it?
What was the most/least fun?
What was the most/least difficult?
What was the most frustrating?
Would you participate again if given the opportunity?
Would you participate in something bigger?
What should I call this thing?
Feel free to add any other feedback not covered by the questions above.

Edit: Would you be opposed to the puzzle-solver (for individual puzzles or the overall puzzle) receiving special advantages (for another puzzle) or a special prize in future engagements (i.e. one that is different from those who participated and/or worked together, but did not come up with the answer first)?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but I enjoyed the team aspect of it, bouncing different ideas around, finding the little connections and putting it all together. The only part that felt competitive was the last portion which was the secret word.

It's too bad that there was that extra line. I had noticed the word "beginnings" shouldn't really have the s there and already tried checking the first letters and got up to ODO?MS... then discarded as a dead end.

All in all I would definitely join games of this type, I cant think of a name that really pops but I'm leaning towards something like "cryptic bunny hops", or "down the rabbit trail".

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's too bad that there was that extra line. I had noticed the word "beginnings" shouldn't really have the s there and already tried checking the first letters and got up to ODO?MS... then discarded as a dead end.

This is a pitfall that is hard to avoid when solving things. Sometimes your assumptions are wrong, which is why you can't move forward. Other times, you're right there but you just come short of it and turn around.

I cant think of a name that really pops but I'm leaning towards something like "cryptic bunny hops", or "down the rabbit trail".

Perhaps the phrase you are looking for is "down the rabbit hole". I wouldn't be opposed to calling these "Rabbit Holes", but ideally, I'd like to get the other mods in on this (and maybe sometimes the Knights as well), but the mods are busy folk, except for me right now, so something less leporine might be more generally applicable.

I forgot to include a question, which should be on there right now.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

the mods are busy folk, except for me right now, so something less leporine might be more generally applicable.

Watchoo need help with Gantic, I'm done with finals, I just got out of the shower, LETS DO DIS
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I wouldn't be opposed to advantages or dis-advantages as long as were still having fun. Right? :P

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

and maybe sometimes the Knights as well

What? You called? I wasn't asleep. I was just....staring at my eyelids.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Did you enjoy it?
What was the most/least fun?
What was the most/least difficult?
What was the most frustrating?
Would you participate again if given the opportunity?
Would you participate in something bigger?
What should I call this thing?
Feel free to add any other feedback not covered by the questions above.

I-is this another riddle? Oh dear... oh dear... I can't tell.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No, but people haven't realized that Count to 100 is another piece of the puzzle. :P Or is it?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That's just a stylistic thing I started three years ago when I notice the height of a lowercase i was the full height of a letter.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

There's really no other reason you guys would allow a counting game, much less start one.

Well I mean, given how Forum Games is back to not contributing to post count and the mods are making sure no spam is involved with their active participation, I'm not surprised.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The mods and admin who post often in that threads never had a chance to post in the original Count to 100 threads so they're having their power-tripping fill.

The next "Rabbit Hole" will be more challenging and more adventurous with multi-layered puzzles and rewards. Yay! Get your puzzling hats ready.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

When will this rabbit hole be dug next?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The hole is currently being dug. When it will be open to the public, depends on the variety of factors, mostly wackiness, so sometime this month or next month maybe. These holes will eventually build up to a level of epicness that will make the "Way of Moderation" look like the average attempt to count to 100 and "Fire A Mod" look like Stilhaus Kitchens spam.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Whoa now...the Stillhaus Kitchens spam are the greatest thing on this face on the Earth. You sure you are ready to make such a promise of greatness?

Showing 91-105 of 110