ForumsForum GamesThe New World

66 13458
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

The 17th century, the age of exploration. You have been selected to lead a colony for your great nation. Survive native attacks, enemy fleets, cold of winter, diseases, and starvation. Can you led your colony to greatness?

Leader Name:
Colony Name:
Nation: (United Provinces (Netherlands), France, Portugal, Great Britain, Spain)
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center
Population: 15
Resources:
wood: 10
iron: 10
food: 40
Season: Spring
Soldiers: 5 Militia
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction: none
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Happiness: 75/100
Region: (South, New England, Middle, South America, Caribbean)

• 66 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Leader Name: Sean Deane
Colony Name: The Haunt
Nation: Ireland.
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center, Harbor.
Resources:
wood: 0
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Happiness: 72/100
Region: South America

I send five workers to the harbor to fish for food. I send the other ten to go and collect wood from the near rainforest.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Spike The Great
Colony Name: Base II
Nation: United Provinces
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center
Resources:
wood: 10
food: 25
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)
Region: (South)

build, defend your self from possible native attacks, write up a book of law

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
lumber mill(allows wood production), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)

Your fishing produces enough food so that no food is lost today. You need to build a lumber mill first. Today, a tattered ship sailed into the bay where your colony was situated. Crew show no response to attempts to communicate.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

I send my militia to guard the harbor, ensuring that if the crew are attempting to attack us that they can kill them quickly.

I also move down to the harbor to get a good look at the crew that has arrived. (Are they natives or what?) If they are natives I will offer some food to them but if not I look to see if there is a flag attached to the ship allowing me to know where they are from.

I assign the ten that I sent out for wood to build a lumber mill. (Surly they could cut down the trees without the mill, it would just mean that cutting it to appropriate sizes would be more difficult.)

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Drake Wolf
Colony Name: Freedom Forest
Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center, Wood Mill
Resources:
wood: 0(+5/1day)
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)

A farm is my next project and once it's built I will have two people working on it daily so that food is produced.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

Okay, your people start work on the mill, but slower. Add half a day to production. You cannot see any crew men. As there is no wind, you cannot tell what flag they fly. Otherwise today, there is nothing happening today.

Resources:
wood: 5(+5/1day)
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
harbor (allows fishing, trade with European powers), barrack (allows recruitment of infantry, scouts), farm (allows food production), Church (increases happiness), native camp (allows recruitment of guides, auxiliaries, allows trade and negotiation with 1 native tribe)

It will take two days too accumulate the wood. Today, a native man left the jungle and walk up to your colony, bringing gifts of food

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction: Lumber mill (Half a day.)
possible:

I walk up to the ship myself and walk aboard, my knife ready for an attack. The militia are standing on the dock, ordered to come in after a minute if I have not returned.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
wood: 5(+5/1day)
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

I accepts the gifts and try to thank the native.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
wood: 5
Season: Summer
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction: Lumber mill (Half a day.)
possible:

On board the ship, there are still no signs of whom the crew might be. A few of the upper deck guns lay unmanned in firing and loading positions. The is lots of blood near a destroyed cannon that lays on its side next to a hole in the railing on the side of the ship. Again, uneventful day.

Resources:
wood: 10(+5/1day)
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

You have enough wood to build something. You take the gifts form the man. After you thank him, he says "My people wish make friends in the white men. Will you come to our village?" Another boring, uneventful day otherwise.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
wood: 10(+5/1day)
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

I agree to come to the village after ordering some people to get to work on building a farm.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Buildings: 15 Houses, Wood Wall, Town Center, Harbor, lumber mill.
Resources:
wood: 5
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
Construction:
possible:

I order five of my workers to start cutting wood from the forest.

I order the other five to strip the ship for weaponry and materials. I order the militia to assist.

And the remaining five are still fishing.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

construction of farm has begun. You go to the village. There you see a thriving community. A big, burly man with an aura of respect around walks up to you. "I am Ammal. This is the home of my people. My scouts have reported that it would be wise to seek friendship with white men."

Resources:
wood: 25
iron: 15
food: 30
cloth: 15
Weapons:
7 muskets
6 swords
12 knives
3 pistols
2 cannons
Construction:
possible:

You have enough wood to start production. Your men brought many materials and weapons, including some powerful cannons.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:

"It is nice to meet you. My name is Drake Wolf." I say after a small bow. I bowed to show respect.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
Weapons:
5 muskets
5 swords
10 knives
possible:
Tribes known of: Gualpandal (like you)

"First order of business. My people, the Gualpandal, have seen your men are not doing well in terms of finding food. My people will help your men grow things to eat."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Resources:
wood: 25
Weapons:
7 muskets
6 swords
12 knives
3 pistols
2 cannons
Construction:
possible:

I keep a sword to myself and give my knife to whomever does not have one (To a villager that is.). I arm myself with a pistol and give the other two to the militia.

I order the cannons to be fixed at the harbor so that we have a defense against any navel attacks.

I then order the five men who were dismantling the boat to build a farm.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Resources:
wood: 15
Weapons:
7 muskets
6 swords
12 knives
3 pistols
2 cannons
Construction:
possible:

Your men begin work on the farm. Today, a wounded Spanish explorer comes to your gate, bringing word of a terrible beast, a ferocious, man-eating jaguar. Than, he dies.

Showing 31-45 of 66