ForumsWEPRKennesaw, GA: where gun ownership is mandatory

37 18581
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

There are cities in the US where exercising one's second amendment right to bear arms is illegal, but there is one city in the US where it is mandatory. This city is Kennesaw in the great state of Georgia.
Not surprisingly, the reported crime rates dropped significantly (would you want to go to this city to commit a crime if you knew that every citizen was armed?

Proof and Facts:

What do you think about this? Is this law unconstitutional, or is it a great sign that liberal extremists will not take away our constitutional rights any time soon?
Personally, I love this law! I like to "shove" it the face of every liberal that tries to argue with me about having the government run my life.

• 37 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Terrorist attack as many innocent people as possible, not some coward hiding in his home with an arsenal.

I doubt Martians will either, but you brought them up irrelevant to the topic.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I doubt Martians will either, but you brought them up irrelevant to the topic.

Give them time...
Rover found traces of life on Mars.
I can see them hiding underground, planing to invade Georgia.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I can see them hiding underground, planing to invade Georgia.

They already have, they mind controlled Russian Generals and invaded Georgia a few years ago. Kappa

~~~Darth Caedus
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

They already have, they mind controlled Russian Generals and invaded Georgia a few years ago. Kappa

Yup and seeing how close Georgia is from Mars and Mexico, you can understand why they want everybody to own a gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Yup and seeing how close Georgia is from Mars and Mexico, you can understand why they want everybody to own a gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_o ⦠_names.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Georgia is not even on that map.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Georgia is not even on that map.

xD Georgia the US state, not Georgia the country invaded by the megalomaniac Putin.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This Putin Jacen96, not poutine.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

xD Georgia the US state, not Georgia the country invaded by the megalomaniac Putin.
And which Georgia was I talking about again?

Oh yes, that's right, the one with the capital of Tblisi.

This Putin Jacen96, not poutine.

My trolling skillz >>>>>>>>> yours. In fact, some might just see this as downright insulting to their intelligence.

Btw, sorry for derailing this, I was in a trolling mood.

~~~Darth Caedus
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And which Georgia was I talking about again?

The OP was talking about Georgia US.
There are cities in the US where exercising one's second amendment right to bear arms is illegal, but there is one city in the US where it is mandatory. This city is Kennesaw in the great state of Georgia.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The OP was talking about Georgia US.

Just because the OP was talking about Georgia USA, doesn't mean I have to be talking about Georgia USA.

Trolling is trolling

~~~Darth Caedus
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Can we please look at the bigger picture here? If you want to annoy themastaplaya, examine the perspective that the law is actually quite a forward thinking gun control law, which carefully restricts gun access?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Just because the OP was talking about Georgia USA, doesn't mean I have to be talking about Georgia USA.

I'm sorry, I thought you were adding more craziness to mine so I played along.
xD
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

And yet you pull pitiful strawmen

You don't know what a strawman is, do you? Because that was by no means a strawman.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

You don't know what a strawman is, do you? Because that was by no means a strawman.

And yet you pull pitiful strawmen.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

And yet you pull pitiful strawmen.

A Strawman Fallacy is where someone creates a false argument for their opponent that has a flaw in order to try and defeat the person's argument. As an example in these gun control threads, when people say that I want guns banned because I want gun control, then argue about how banning guns will not help, that is a strawman because I was never even arguing that they should be banned.

pangtongshu's comment was not a strawman. He took what you said and pointed out that they were in contradiction with one another. Freedom loving citizens would not force people to own firearms in order to live somewhere. While you never really made the argument that freedom loving people want to force people to own guns, you implied that freedom loving people think everyone should be armed and are using Kennesaw, GA as an example of "freedom loving people," people who force their citizens to be armed, which is a contradiction. Not quite so freedom loving.
Showing 16-30 of 37