ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Psorek's 64-combine formula

28 9026
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

His formula was a jumble of numbers output from his epic computer. Here's the parentheses version. If it's too complicated, I'll try to simplify it. But not much I can do - it's naturally complicated...combining 64 gems in intricate ways, after all.

Create 20 duplicates.
A = (g+g) + (g+g) + (g+g) + (g+g)
B = (g+g) + (g+g) + ((g+g) + (((((g+g) +g) +g) +g) +g))
C = A + B
Create 36 duplicates.
D = (g+g) + (g+g) + ((g+g) + (((((g+g) +g) +g) +g) +g))
E = ((g+g) + (((((g+g) +g) +g) +g) +g))
Duplicate E( E value = G * 8)
F = ((((E + (g+g)) + (g+g)) + ((g+g) +g)) + (((g+g) +g) +g)) + ((((g+g) +g) +g) +g)
G = E + F
H = D + G
I = D + H

= a gem 5 grades higher, 64x cost(6 grade gem cost) with ~6% more specials than a 16-combined gem at Grade 18Equivalent.

• 28 Replies
InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

So this is a more efficient booster combine? I see no mention of colors there (were there originally? Where is that at?) so I'm assuming this is for single color amp gems, like mana boost and critical boost.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

No mention of colors, because it is universal, like 16 combine.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Unfortunately, I still don't understand this. There are lots of undefined things, and I've seen numerous other people ask about them before in other threads but have never seen an answer. So, am taking my turn trying to help more people understand

Create 20 duplicates of what?
Create 36 duplicates of what?
all other steps - what is "g"?
What does this mean?: "Duplicate E( E value = G * 8)"

Note that I have seen questions like this through both the 16 combine and 32 combine threads, and because of the missing information the whole thing is somewhat of a mystery and there are tons of different ways to follow the same instructions.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

It's supposed to be 30% better at G64 - thats what psorek said. I'm using it in fact and like it. Horrible in the beginning, nice for higher G's as one can update more often

I had done a graphic representation fo that, too.
(starting point best at the bottom right)...

http://i61.tinypic.com/33lcn0w.jpg

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

Everything is explained in the "end game guide" (GCS important links). To repeat it here:
There are 2 spec methods and 2 combine methods. The spec-methods are for creating the basegems (either mana or killgem). They can be used only once. The two combine methods (16 and 64) are for upgrading these basegems and for amplifiers (puregems; orange and yellow).

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

@erile(no quoting?)

1. First, follow Psorek's 32 spec.

Then, duplicate 20 of those 5.

Follow the steps. Each G = one of the duplicates.

Duplicate E = Duplicate the result from E line of code. E = 8* g mana value, is what it means. Basically, the first part is 20 gems, right? Second part is 36. The E duplication is the remaining 8 to turn it into 64.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

BTW...I haven't heard a single thank you(on AG) yet.

It was hard to do, to do my best to make it as simple as possible but not mistake anything.

Also, this DOES help much more than those random numbers of Psorek's.

I managed to memorize this sequence after only 4-5 repetitions. Borthel and Mafilux both found it useful.

mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

However, right after I got a g90e(i think it was) my game crashed. Was at mana level 68(e29 mana). So pissed off because that would have given me about 400-500 levels but I didn't get to finish it. Guess I'll retry later. This time, I'll start with the 64c instead of the 16.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The way I do this, only takes up at most 21 of the 36 gem box slots. I don't have time to describe it right now, I'll try and remember to do so after work.

But, basically, it is about creating the (g+g)'s needed, then the ((g+g)+(g+g))'s, then all the dupes of the base gem, followed by making the "8.1" gems detailed in the drawing, and tossing them all together. I rely heavily on positioning to remember what I'm doing with it.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Me too, except I'm used to doing this: 20 first, 36 next. Halfway through 36, dupe 8(as a G+3)

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

1 = 0+0
2 = 1+0
3 = 2+0
4 = 1+1
5 = 3+0
6 = 5+0
7 = 1+6
8 = 4+4
9 = 7+1
10 = 9+1
11 = 4+7
12 = 10+2
13 = 12+3
14 = 8+11
15 = 13+5
16 = 7+15
17 = 11+16
18 = 14+17
What does 0 stands for in this? Is this the formula you made the parenthesis one?

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

Nvm, i just now noticed its for gem upgrading ....

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

oLaudix yes that is 64 combine formula to upgrade gem 6 mana levels and 5 gem grade levels.

Yes I put it into parentheses hoping it'll help people. Again, not a single thanks yet?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hey, I'm just saying that everyone is just complaining its not clear, and whatnot, etc etc. I clarify and they don't respond or nothing. I turned psorek's jumble of numbers into a formula people can understand. I don't mean to sound like a brat, but would it be so much to ask for at least something? It takes very few seconds to say "thanks, now I get it" or whatever.

I mean, it is at grade 80s over 2.5-3x better then 16 combine....(w/ amps)

gtcink
gtcink
8 posts
Shepherd

Thank you @Thunderrider for the formula and @cronos51 for the graphic. However, @Thunderrider, your last line of the formula should read I=C+H (instead of i=D+H)
In fact, it was @cronos51 graphic that helped me identify the typo as otherwise I was unable to account for what happened to C? Nonetheless, great work both of you explaining @psorek technique.

Showing 1-15 of 28