ForumsNews and FeedbackAdvertising

4 4036
Sandunes
Sandunes
7 posts
Farmer

Hard core capitalist pig here. I understand money, how it works, and I love Armor games. Been hanging out in here since about 2009.

Recently, I began playing a "free-to-play" game hosted on your beautiful website. They have a cash shop. This particular game developer has made many games in the past, and I greatly enjoyed playing many of them. None of the earlier games had a cash shop or any manner of money going directly from player to the developer...

Long story short, I plunked down $100 for some things in the cash shop.

Is it too much to ask, that if a person puts forth hard-earned money toward a hosted game, that the ads disappear for that particular title? Perhaps negotiate a no-ads deal for premium players that contribute money?

I will settle for the elimination of ads that respond on mouseover (no actual click required). These banner ads are very frustrating. Flash Games, by their very nature, are usually very casual in nature. By which I mean, you can play for 15 minutes, go do what you need to do, and pick up again where you left off. This means going to another website, or changing from full screen to partial screen, and it is way too easy to accidentally mouseover these banner ads...

I just did it again, and came here to write this little note. Last few days I get serenaded by GE light bulbs and & 7UP after backing out or going in to the game. It is quite irritating.

Thanks for reading,

Sandunes.

• 4 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Is it too much to ask, that if a person puts forth hard-earned money toward a hosted game, that the ads disappear for that particular title?

I don't think I've heard this idea before, and it sounds interesting. It would certainly give some encouragement to put forth revenue to developers you like. I wonder how this can be integrated.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for stopping by @Sandunes. We've thought about this, and we're not ruling it out as a future possibility. Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for supporting our games - it's what helps keep our lights on.

Sandunes
Sandunes
7 posts
Farmer

Well thanks again for taking time to read this. That's great!

Sandunes
Sandunes
7 posts
Farmer

I noticed this week the "hover to expand" ads have a timer on them. You have to hover for a couple seconds to get them to open up.

Thanks! No more ad men serenading me in and out of changing tabs.

Showing 1-4 of 4