ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Summertime Sizzle! AG Story Contest

7 5134
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome all aspiring journalists, writers, authors and label printers, to the Greatest Story event! The event in which the greatest stories AG has to offer are put up before a carefully hand picked committee of judges (who shall remain nameless for the time being) for their opinion and final choice of which story can hold the title of Greatest (for this week anyway.)

So enough with the preliminaries! Let's get to the rules, regulations and lemonade.

All stories are required:

~To not exceed the length of 2,000 words.
~Must be at least 1,000 words in length.
~Must be exclusively created by user who submits it. (No plagiarism.)

Stories will be judged based on:

~Grammar (including punctuation, spelling, composition.)
~Storyline quality. (No specific genre is required nor preferred.)
~ Stories CAN be resubmitted an unlimited number of times to edit/fix grammatical errors, rewording, ETC (If there is multiple revisions to the story only. Just adding an apostrophe is not considered editing the story.)
~Last but not least, make sure and have fun! If you don't enjoy yourself, you're not doing it right.

Contest begins tomorrow, June 29th 2014 at 12:00am (all time zones) and ends at 11:59pm on July 5th (You can begin work on your stories today. They only have to be submitted in the allotted time.)

Annnd that's all folks! Now on to the lemonade. (Feel free to ask questions. Glad to answer any and all you may have.)

• 7 Replies
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

So... is there a theme for this round? Or we are fit to write anything?

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

So... No entries?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Xeano pretty much gave up on this thread and is hoping it dies a quiet, unnoticed death.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Xeano pretty much gave up on this thread and is hoping it dies a quiet, unnoticed death.

Man... Thish ish saad....

laik dis if u crai eberytim
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

laik dis if u crai eberytim

*laikz*
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I like the idea but I wouldn't mind a theme. I don't like writing to be restictive but in a compatition it just makes sense. In the words of like a dozen different characters "DON'T YOU DIE ON ME!"

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

We can always give this another chance, though it's better to have a sign up of this contest before actually starting one, as this instills a sort of "obligation" towards completion of the story, if you will.

Perhaps people would be more willing to complete a story were the minimum not a thousand words. This doesn't seem like much towards creative writers with notches in their belts, but could be quite a load for those who are willing to participate but are turned off by the load they have to complete.

And yes, a theme always helps! Themes are practically staples of the AG contests, and other communities as well.

Showing 1-7 of 7