ForumsGamesWill PC overcome Consoles? No!

29 4828
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Will PC over come Console's? i thought you'd all know the answer, the answer is no.

1. The price: They are to expensive, even refurbished PC'S, they got good deals but still to0 much, a console was made to make a cheaper and better version of a PC (or at least try)

2. Sales: you can tell, PS4: over 7 million units, PC'S this year:1 million at the time of this post.

3.:Oh YE CANNY PUT YOUR PC ON YOUR MCGUFFEN 42 INCH TV

oh you cant? *YEAH!* not like i dont have on my 42' with a wireless key bored.
yeah people still dont know that you can play it on your tv.

Oh and 97% of games on a PC can be used with an xbox 360 controller.

those are some reason's why PC will never lead in the market.

Post below what you think on PC'S.

Have a nice day.

• 29 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Nevermind the fact that pcs are more versatile and not locked into the base game (mods op).

Nevermind the fact that you don't need a 50 in. widescreen tv to play videogames enjoyably (42 in is really small compared to what I usually see in ads)

~~~Darth Caedus

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

2. Sales: you can tell, PS4: over 7 million units, PC'S this year:1 million at the time of this post.

First of all, source?

Second, this might shock you, but the vast majority of people already own a PC and don't need to purchase a new one every couple of years.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Isn't that a good thing for PC?

How is this a plus in your view? The fact that a PC can be played on a tv is good.

People don't buy new PCs. They buy new parts.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

People don't buy new PCs. They buy new parts.

Yep but more people buy those crappy tablets instead so they need consoles to play games.
A PC (Desktop, Laptop) can be used as a computer (Internet, work, audio recording, video editing, programming, emulators for games as well) and for so many more purpose. BTW, an Xbox is a computer disguised as a console.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The people I know who use PCs for gaming build the PCs themselves, allowing them to build the machine they want rather than what Microsoft or Sony gives them. It's true that PC games probably won't match the popularity of console games, but that's because it's slightly more difficult to make them work, and thus out of the mass market's league. In any case, if PCs are so bad, why are the Xboxes and PSs becoming more like PCs with every new iteration?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Will PC over come Console's?

Are you implying that the console was once ahead of the PC? If you are, that would be interesting knowledge to share with us. From a credible source, of course.

1. The price: They are to expensive, even refurbished PC'S, they got good deals but still to0 much, a console was made to make a cheaper and better version of a PC (or at least try)

You can buy a PC for a couple hundred dollars or less. A PS4 or an Xbox One currently will cost you about $400. A used console may be cheaper, but even a new console's capabilities still don't match those of a 5-year-old PC.

Unlike a console, you don't need to replace a PC every time a new one comes out. PCs are tools for most people, and while you may need to upgrade to a new operating system once every decade to ensure certain software runs properly on your machine, you don't need to buy a new one every few years in most cases.

oh you cant? *YEAH!* not like i dont have on my 42' with a wireless key bored.

The hardest part about figuring out how to use an HDMI cable is....well, I actually can't think of anything remotely difficult about plugging one of these into your computer and into your TV.

those are some reason's why PC will never lead in the market.

PCs are not just for gaming; they are also useful tools for almost any job in the modern world. Households may have one PC, or two, or even three. They may have multiple consoles, but not two of the same one. Schools these from elementary level and above will often have a computer in every classroom, or 20 or 30 computers in one room. Most schools would probably only be able to afford PCs in that quantity, since their Mac counterparts are generally more expensive. Companies may be equipped with hundreds or even thousands of PCs, depending on how many workers they have in their offices. It wouldn't be much of a workplace with 3,000 PS4s laying around. According to Business Insider, there are currently 1.5 billion functioning PCs in the world, as of December 2013. That's an average of 1 PC per 4.67 people. And 1.5 billion isn't even half of the total amount of computers ever sold, according to these statistics.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@09philj Saying pcs are not as good for gaming is also kind of dumb, considering LoL, one of the most if not the most popular e-sport, DotA, similar to LoL but I don't think as big, and Starcraft, the major RTS e-sport, are all built for the pc.

At least they were last I heard.

~~~Darth Caedus

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@09philj Saying pcs are not as good for gaming

I did not say that. A well built PC is much better. They just won't match the popularity of consoles for home gaming.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

lol watch this he does no research

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHn6rXR5CA8
*serious mode*

I kinda agree on that one^

Ernie:PCs are not just for gaming; they are also useful tools for almost any job in the modern world. Households may have one PC, or two, or even three. They may have multiple consoles, but not two of the same one. Schools these from elementary level and above will often have a computer in every classroom, or 20 or 30 computers in one room. Most schools would probably only be able to afford PCs in that quantity, since their Mac counterparts are generally more expensive. Companies may be equipped with hundreds or even thousands of PCs, depending on how many workers they have in their offices. It wouldn't be much of a workplace with 3,000 PS4s laying around. According to Business Insider, there are currently 1.5 billion functioning PCs in the world, as of December 2013. That's an average of 1 PC per 4.67 people. And 1.5 billion isn't even half of the total amount of computers ever sold, according to these statistics.

That's true, also the internet is WAY better than a console.

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

'Oh and 97% of games on a PC can be used with an xbox 360 controller'.
Yeah that is a good thing.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Consoles are nothing more than gaming tools, end of story.
A PC can do many more things.
Yes, a good gaming PC cast something, but if you compare the output levels a actual (gaming)PC is better than a console, if you compare the prices of an older "outdated" PC (5 years +) a PC is cheaper than a new console, also PCs can be updated (change parts, like a new graphic card) by a user... try that with a console!
Not to mention that you can do so many more things with a PC...

The sales... faint argument, to play this brand new console games you need this brand new console... so you must buy it.
You dont need a brand new PC for a new game, so you must not buy a new one.
Next year the PS4 sale-rates surely wont reach the mark of this year, PCs will lower a lil bit again, but allover (all the years between the PS4 and (somttimes) the PS5) the PC sale-rates for all this years will beat the PS4
Not to mention that the 1 million PC mark is only for the private market, not the whole PC sales (direct sales to companys, scools, etc don´t count here)

The TV-thingy... well if somebody isnôt able to figure out how to plug in a cable...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hate to break it to you, but PC has been king for a long time now

My computer was cheaper than my PS3

3.:Oh YE CANNY PUT YOUR PC ON YOUR MCGUFFEN 42 INCH TV

Yes you can

And 100% of console games can be used with a keyboard
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Also, a PC can emulate any console. Try to beat that!

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Also, a PC can emulate any console. Try to beat that!

Not any console. Have fun trying to emulate Halo 3.
MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

@SSTG - Do you know the STEPS to try emulating a PSP or PS2? And if any of those fails go back to start and hope you find the part that messed up. And that's just getting the emulator to work in the first place. Now hope the copy of the game you want to play works.

Heck, trying to play a PS1 game and it freezes. On everything I've tried. With just about every fix I've tried to look up. Please note mods, I'm not naming programs.

And 100% of console games can be used with a keyboard

I dunno. Never been a fan of fighting or racing games on the keyboard. Oh and I'm unsure how people set up their computers but most tv's are in front of a nice comfy couch/chair.

I'm not saying the Console is the 'king' or that PC's are better here. Both have their pros and cons. Least they used to when companies actually cared about making games.
Showing 1-15 of 29