ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93959
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

She gives you a delightful smile, "Come on bots!" She shouts as she orders them forward, cannons blazing.

You head downstairs not seeing any bots and reach the entrance to the motorpool. You grab the handle and pull it only to find it locked, looking left and right you notice a keypad for the door.

Name:Jan Ruesink
Bio:Amnesia
Looks:Albino,Black Hair
Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
HP: 80/100 (fractured collar bone)
-----
Clothing:Jeans,Blue shirt.
Inventory: Med kit x2, bandages x5, clean water x3, mystery cans of food x5

You walk through the store hearing the mans scraping and tearing at himself, walking down one isle you step on something soft and nearly fall over, looking down you see something red and meaty on the ground. Following it to it's source you find a woman's body, well half a woman's body.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit

I input the code 54-26-44.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"I'm Garth. What's yours?"

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

I get my rifle from over my back and point it towards the air.
"I said that I came in peace. But if you don't want peace," I say, looking at my gun, "So be it."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

The door swings open and you see everything where it should be.

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Sean." I say with a smile.

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

You can audibly hear the operator ****ing the 50 cal. The radio sparks up "There are now two snipers with marks in our direction." Says Max. "And that#'s all I can see from here. There may be more."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Sweet. I fuel up the Boxer and load the mounted GMG. How long is this chick gonna take?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

A man's voice calls out. "Whoops, that's my pa," Garth says. "I'll see you later!" He stops. "Why don't 'ya come to the Meeting at the Dance Hall tonight? You can introduce yourself there?"

(Funny how the cuss monitor blocked the first part of c---ing.)
"Oh shoot," I gasp as I start running towards the truck.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Sounds good to me." I call back as I head to the examination tent to see if they are ready for me.

(It did an all, pfft, silly blocker.)
"STOP OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!" You hear a voice, that if became something real would become a lump of hardened steel. Looking to the gate you see there is an older man with an army uniform on, a pistol at his hip. "Who are you and why have you come to my kingdom?" You can pick up a hint of curiosity in his voice that others would miss.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

As you enter the tent, you see the doctor you have come across earlier. "Are you ready for your exam?" She whispers.

(Heh heh.)
"Max, fall back," I mumble into my walkie-talkie. I walk towards the man until he is about 25 feet away from me. I drop my M4. "I have come...for peace."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

I give her a questioning look, "... I think so..."

Max mumbles something back, sounds like "Sush, hiding." and then the radio cuts out. "Alright that's far enough." He nods to you, "Kick your gun over here." He says reasonably.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Um..." she says nervously. "You'll have to take off all of your clothing, except for your, umm...underwear." She puts on some rubber gloves. "It's because of this new policy we have. We have to check every new person who comes here to make sure that they don't have any bites."

I kick my gun towards his feet.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Then if it's all over wouldn't you need the person to Remove their underwear? Otherwise you might miss something." I say calmly as I start to undress.

He nods to it and some nondescript guard picks it up and slings it onto his shoulder. "Now, who are you?" You notice he has a fine salt an pepper mustache that matches his hair.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

She giggles. "I doubt that a zombie would bite you...down there."

"My name," I start calmly. "Is Allan Lindo, and I have come to ask for your apology. I have killed your men because of a misunderstanding that arose."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Is there a problem with nudity in this camp?" I ask innocently as I continue to strip.

They are clearly caught off guard again, the general reacts first. "Misunderstanding?" He says, his grip tightening on his pistol, you can see the grip and guess its a .44 Magnum.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"No..." she pauses. "Not necessarily."

"You see," I say, hand on holster, "your men invaded my house thinking that
it was vacant, so I responded in self-defense."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I'm glad." I say with a smile as I finish undressing and stand in front of her in my birthday suit.

He just looks at you. After a long silence he responds, "Boy I don't give two darns if that house was empty or not, it was the next one on the list, simple as. Now, the fact that you managed to kill an entire squad of my men on your own makes me want you on my side. How about you come and join me, all we're trying to do is take in who we can and expand this safe-haven, what do you say?" You can't tell if he's lying or not, he doesn't seem to know about Max.

Showing 436-450 of 502