ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93952
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Okay, then," the doctor says, pulling on some plastic gloves and a surgical mask. "Let's start, shall we?"
She begins by taking your measurements.
"Let me know if anything hurts, hmm?"

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"If I join your safe haven, sir," I start. "Does that mean that I must give up my house?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Will do."

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"We rather keep people within the compound unless they are sent out for supplies." He explains.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Perhaps I can serve as sort of a lookout for your compound, seeing as my house is fairly close to your territory."

As the doctor gets to the more 'sensitive' parts of your body, you see a man standing near the entrance of the tent.
"You're not making out with him, are you, Colette?"
"Dad! This is my job!" Colette groans.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"No, you'll need to stay in the compound, I can facilitate you to return home to gather what supplies you wish to bring to the compound but after that you'll only leave with raid teams."

"Sir don't you worry, I have the utmost respect for women, I wouldn't dream of doing anything without her consent first, doing otherwise is wrong."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Or perhaps I can go back to my place and we can remain allies?"

"I'm watching you, son." He points his fingers at your eyes, then his eyes, then makes a slicing motion towards his neck.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"No. You stay here or you stay away. I would like to see you safely behind our walls helping those inside."

"Sir I don't know how many people you've killed since birth but I know how many I have. Don't make threats you can't follow through on. It just makes you look bad." I say coldly. I perk back up to my usual self, "Anyways, good to meet you sir." I say with a smile.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"And if I choose not to assimilate?"

He starts to open his mouth, then closes it. He then walks back outside.
"Shall we continue?" Colette asks.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"You leave and do not return. If we catch wind of you we will offer the same choice to you as we do now. But, killing more of my men won't be tolerated. They have families, children, mothers, fathers. They will hunt you down even if I say they shouldn't."

I smile, "As you see fit." I say still standing there stark naked.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"That's understandable."

She goes down your torso down to *that* area.
"I'm going to do some prodding, so if anything hurts, just let me know, okay?"

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Name: George Goldberg
Bio: Lead singer in a quasi-popular band, George has tried to protect his biggest secret his entire life- the fact that he accidentally murdered his high school sweet heart. How? In a heated argument about his future career choice he somehow was able to control the sound waves and produce incredibly sharp vibrations out of them. He had essentially controlled sound and turned it into a weapon. This murder has altered him psychologically, and he becomes very nervous being around women in a close way (even if it is just a good friendship). This causes him to view romantic things as annoying. Over the years he has refined this technique and he no longer needs to alter his own voice- the louder the environment around him is, the greater his power becomes. (His band is called Scarlet Emeralds)
Looks: 5"4, muscular, pale green eyes, short straight red hair,
Powers: Control and Manipulate properties of sound, turn it into a weapon.
-----
Level: 1
-----
Clothing: Fashionable Clothing
Inventory: N/A

Start: Recording Studio

(Is it too late to start?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Nope, come on in, just a few questions before we go ahead; do you wish for me to Gm your story or apldeap to? Also do you want to start a bit prior to The Day, just as the Event is occurring, or in the future where things have settled a little?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"So. What's your choice?"

"Will do." I say as I start whistling innocently.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Actually," I start. "I'd prefer to stay at my house, if that's okay."

As she goes down to "that" area, you hear a man whistle.
"I see you're playing with "it" again," he snickers.
"How many times have I had to say this, Brett?" Colette moans. "It's my job!"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Then this is farewell. You could have been a great asset to my operation here."
You hear your radio crackle, "I'm trapped, I have about fifty seconds before they find me."

"Hello Brett, my name is Sean." I say putting out my hand for a handshake.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Stalling for time.)
"I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone, so I am reconsidering. Make me a member of your compound, if you may." I bow.

"Cool." Brett walks closer to you. "So," he begins. "Does it feel good?"

Showing 451-465 of 502