Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Ebola Outbreak in The US?

Posted Aug 1, '14 at 12:13pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,211 posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the news, US doctors from West Africa who are helping curb the spread of Ebola there have contracted the disease themselves. They are being brought here to continue treatment. If they are brought here in the US, is there a possibility for an Ebola outbreak in the US?

Posted Aug 1, '14 at 12:56pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,440 posts

Knight

If they are being brought back with the knowledge that they are infected, I am sure everything is done to prevent them to infect anyone else. The real danger likely lies in people that don't know they are infected yet.

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 7:48am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

115 posts

NO shut up there is no ebolia infection spread in 'Meria. Since the date 8/2/14 they are still to take a week to arrive back in America. Watch the full news before you comment.

*Since when did a disease coming to America not mean it's gonna spread? Since when did a disease coming anywhere mean its not gonna spread?
Since when did a disease not spread under bad care?
Since when did you for get what a disease was?

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 10:10am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,440 posts

Knight

I am honestly not sure what you are trying to tell after the (*). It seems like you are arguing against your own first paragraph.

Anyway the OP did not state there was any Ebola infection spread in America at the moment, but just states his concern about the possibility.

Meanwhile here are a few Q&A about Ebola to read. Personally I think there is always a possibility, but the article does a good job of sounding comforting.

last edited Aug 02 2014 10:12 am by HahiHa

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 12:32pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,147 posts

I've always thought ebola was a very freaky virus after reading Executive Orders and Rainbow Six.

That said, I trust IFLS when they say the virus is unlikely to spread in a developed country, if it really does only spread once symptoms appear.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 1:35pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

218 posts

Ebola is pretty nice in that despite how horrifying the symptoms are, it's really easy to stop it from spreading... as long as it doesn't develop the ability to become airborne again.

Posted Aug 6, '14 at 7:46am

Voyage2

Voyage2

703 posts

It's impossible ! Unless they sent many infected peoples. It's just a two doctor, somehow they need result if the medicine work.

Edit: Hope that you cannot get it from Air. >_>

Posted Aug 7, '14 at 2:57pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,211 posts

as long as it doesn't develop the ability to become airborne again.

Do we know how it is spread?

Posted Aug 7, '14 at 3:12pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,440 posts

Knight

Do we know how it is spread?

Through contact of bodily fluids. See the paragraph under "How does it spread?" in the link I posted above

Posted Aug 8, '14 at 3:28pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,211 posts

See the paragraph under "How does it spread?" in the link I posted above

Oh. Pshh.....my bad.

Reply to Ebola Outbreak in The US?

You must be logged in to post a reply!