ForumsQuestsInvert Selection Quests

17 24014
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

3 new Quests to test your puzzling skills in Invert Selection.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16003/media/icon/832ba7abf3ac58c5d37a3e0c418c0326.png?v=1406914021&vv=1407346840
Anchors Away
Complete levels 1-17.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16003/media/icon/17c3306fcdd3cd5baad8c6291604c66d.png?v=1406914064&vv=1407346870
Tough Selection
Complete levels 18-37.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16003/media/icon/0cd91eb53cfab7ace82464b50e61a3aa.png?v=1406914096&vv=1407346923
Insane Inverter
Complete levels 38-50.
Hardness: Hard

• 17 Replies
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

I have never liked quests on games like these.

Since the puzzles are the same every time, anybody can just look at a walkthrough and instaget the quests.

Which is not to say that it's not a good game. I just feel like quests cheapen puzzle games.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Olinser But the game is fun!

Volkenate
Volkenate
39 posts
Lord

I somewhat agree with Oliner. While fun, the quests themselves are rather meaningless as anyone can use a walk though and actually not do a single puzzle. However, if we use this logic for whether a quest should get put on a game or not, we also should not put quests on tower defense games, as you can watch a guide videos that tell you exactly what to do and where to click, or virtually any other game that requires no skill (reflexes/timing/etc) other than mental power and patience.
So puzzle games should get quests no matter how pointless, unless tower defense games (and family) also stop getting quests.

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

Very good game!

@Olinser there is a walkthrough for every game,you can get quests from Sequester,Monster Bark,Deeper Sleep,the Deepest Sleep and many other games just by following their walkthroughs,but as you see,hard quests get completed less often than easy ones,because some users still leave when they encounter a level that is hard enough,also,even if you follow the walkthrough step by step,it will still take you some time to beat 50 levels,so it's worth the effort.

I generally try to do my best in this kind of games without checking out the walkthrough,but I use it when I get frustrated.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Short and tricky... i like it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Very tricky... (@.@) ...I'm trying to beat the game without using the Walkthrough that's available, but... I already had to check it twice for being stuck on levels that simply would not become clear to my (apparently sleepy, dumb, lazy, whatever... stupid!) mind. So that intension is already smashed! Hmmm... trying to make it without help for the final 7 levels now... great game btw! It really makes you work your gray matter in there! =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Dev seems to keep changing the puzzles?

If I'm not wrong, an extra step is needed on 34. Seems to have been removed.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

A very tricky game, got really confused in some parts but its a really fun game to test out the mind ^^

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@nichodemus: There should be 4 steps for 34.

+
x
-
x

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I tried doing it on 4 steps, still haven't got my head wrapped around it. Checked the walkthroughs, and they all showed Lvl 34 with 5 steps.

Is it doable with just 4 though?

llama132
llama132
78 posts
King

Fun game. Puzzles are decently challenging (at least up to #46). Had to check the walkthrough twice, for #17 and #45. Noticed that once I learnt what the first step was, could figure out the rest of the steps quite easily.

#34 is doable with 4 steps. Can't describe it very well here, but I'll try my best. Since it's a 10x10 grid, let's assume the rows are A-J and columns are 1-10.

Step 1 add A3 to D8. Step 2 Invert G3 to H8. Step 3 subtract A5 to H6. Step 4 invert C3 to H8

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@nichodemus: Which walkthroughs are you checking? Armor Games version is different.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I was checking some of the walkthroughs on Youtube, I didn't know AG tagged one on here.

Thanks anyway!

JeremyisAwesome2014
JeremyisAwesome2014
1 posts
Nomad

I can't even get past the 1st freaking level on this game! It may be because i skip the instructions so fast, but after i did look at the instructions, it was STILL confusing!

flippin_ninja
flippin_ninja
8 posts
Baron

Trying to do without the walkthrough. 6 levels to go! Found a pattern; if the last step is an inversion, try to just select the spaces you don't need, then invert the selection.

Showing 1-15 of 17