ForumsGamesGC:CS New gem recipes are finished and ready to use!

51 21088
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Together with @12345ieee we've finally finished all of gem math and programming - new recipes are aviable at our git repository. Just read the readme.

Feel free to comment and ask questions, we'll try to answer them ASAP

---- git repository ----

EDIT (12.11.2014):
Recent info from @12345ieee:

Great, seeing that my final program gives correct results I've decided to release the final version of all the gemforce results, including the one of my final program:

General repo
Results folder
Relase notes

read the release notes and/or the readmes at the various folders to find all the informations you need.

Feel free to comment/ask question on this thread, I'll try to answer when I have time.

For who is still reading, I'd like to say I had a lot of fun with this project and learnt a lot, hope this may be useful also to you guys, I'll now move on to other projects, I'll come back here to check out 1.1 when it will be released.

Goodbye
12345ieee

• 51 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

In the kiwi yesterday, 12345ieee basically hung up his hat. He started University last week, and no longer has the time to devote to this as a project.

He was also fairly distraught when I showed him "real world" example of the weak amp not being successful - I was not able to get as far into an Endurance run using the 64-10 killgem setup as I was with a 32-64 killgem setup (64 spec killgem with 10c amps, all upgraded with 64c, vs 32 spec killgem with 64c amps, all upgraded with 64c). Number of monsters killed was significantly lower with the 64-10 setup than the 32-64 setup.

He did, however, provide Borthel and I executables for his optimized gem creation programs that he developed with psorek. I've got one running right now, for some 14 hours or so at the time I type this, attempting to find the best 512 spec managem using 1024 gems for each of the amps. The way they set it up is you tell the program how many gems you want to limit the main gem to, and then the total number of gems involved, between the main gem and the six amps. After a while (depending on the calculations it needs to make) it will spit out the best it could come up with.

12345ieee was saying something about setting it for whatever with something like 10,000 total gems, and then refining that second number down based on the gem results given, but I didn't really get what he was trying to say. He then said that he was going to leave that as an exercise for us to figure out.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

HOW TO CALCULATE THE EXACT TRAPGEM VALUE

The program assumes the gem is in a trap with six amps, so the following values dictate the gem value at the end of a particular run. For example,

whatever_you_named_your_compiled_exe -pitel 32 48

The first number is the upper limit of the value of the trap gem. The second number is the value of all seven gems. Those example values produce a 30-value killgem with 3-value amplifiers (rounded up from 2.67 for each amp). For a 32-spec gem, the run restarts in the following pattern, after 44 gems:

45 27 3 589.744629
46 28 3 611.649536
47 29 3 632.914266
48 30 3 655.186605
49 31 3 676.712931
50 32 3 697.362630

and continues infinitely, for as long as the program is running. For low amp values (close to first value), the infinite pattern-start point is needed to get the first maximum-value trap gem before the start point. Note that the start point moves slower than the growth of the amps, so for e.g. amp-1, or even amp-3 (32 128 and 32 56 respectively, for 32-spec), you can safely optimize for amp +(-3 + n) and higher and always get an exact grade gem.

To get the second number such that n�0, divide or multiply the first number by whatever value gets you the desired ratio for one amplifier. Then, multiply the amp value by 6 to get the total amp cost. Add that value to the first one to get the "correct" second value.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

*such that nâ¥0

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The maf -pitel 512 6656 finished running today. That was the managem program, 512 spec gem, with 1024 gem amps. This is what it told me, for those of you who like parentheticals :

Managem combining scheme:
((((((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+((b+((o+o)+(b+o)))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))+(((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+(b+b))+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))))))))+((((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+((b+((o+o)+(b+o)))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))+(((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+((b+((o+o)+(b+o)))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((b+((o+o)+(b+o)))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))))))+(((((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+((b+((o+o)+(b+o)))+((o+o)+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))+(((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))))))))+((((((b+o)+(b+b))+(b+((o+o)+(b+o))))+(((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+((((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+(b+b))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))))))+(((((b+o)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+(b+b))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))))))+((((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+(b+b))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))))+(((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+(b+b))+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))+(((b+(b+b))+((b+(b+b))+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))+(((b+(b+b))+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+((b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))))))))))))))

Amplifier combining scheme:
((((((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o)))+(((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o))))+((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o)))+(((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o)))+(((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))+((((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o)))+(((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))+(((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))))))))+(((((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+o)))+(((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))+(((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))))))))+((((((o+o)+(o+o))+((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))+((((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))))))+(((((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+o)+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))))))+((((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))))+(((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))+(((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))))+(((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))+(((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))))+(((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))))+(((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+(((o+o)+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o)))))+((o+(o+(o+(o+o))))+((o+(o+(o+o)))+((o+(o+o))+((o+(o+o))+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+(o+o))))))))))))))))))))))))))

For the managem itself, replace the deepest nested b with a r to add the red.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

For those wanting to use the 256-killgem combine:

A=1+2
B=1+A
C=1+B
D=2+C
E=4+D
F=8+E
G=1+C+A+A+B+D

16+F+(G+E+F)+(A+D+B+B+D+E+F)+
((G+E)+((1+C+A+A+C+D)+(A+D+B+(A+C+A))+G+D))

Edit: Numbers mean "combined gems of base gem" so 1 is clear, 2 is updated once, 4 twice, 8 three times and 16 four times.

Reads IMHO better than
(((((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+k)))+(((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+k))))+((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+k)))+(((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))))+(((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+k)))+(((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))))+((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))+(((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+k))+((k+(k+k))+(k+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))))))))+((((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+k)))+(((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))))+((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))+(((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))))))))+(((((k+k)+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))+(((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+k))+((k+(k+k))+(k+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))))))+((((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+((k+(k+(k+(k+k))))+((k+(k+k))+((k+(k+k))+(k+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))))))+(((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+k))+((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))))+(((k+(k+k))+((k+(k+k))+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))+(((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+(((k+k)+(k+(k+(k+(k+k)))))+((k+(k+(k+k)))+((k+(k+k))+((k+(k+k))+(k+(k+(k+(k+(k+k))))))))))))))))

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I forgot one parenthesis and the edit button is gone...

16+F+(G+E+F)+
((A+D+B+B+D+E+F)+
((G+E)+
((1+C+A+A+C+D)+
(A+D+B+(A+C+A))+G+D)))

Should be right now!

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Can we generate some comparison numbers? Seems weird that 30 gems (ignoring the u button ones) out of 512 is an optimal combination.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I will compare this recipe when I've built my killgem. I plan to compare against straight 'u', 16c, 64c and maybe 1024c.Right now I've just done it once to a pure yellow, so that is not really comparable.
But give e a few days, atm I am pre-endurance/permafreezing with 2.7e34 mana and won't just rush...

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

I'm always happy to see someone testing my results.
Based on some math on killgems the results order should be:

1) simple 'u'
2) universal 16c
3) killgem 64c
4) orange 1024c
5) orange 4096c
6) killgem 256c

If the order is different (at very high grades) let me know.

12345ieee

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty sure, I won't do a 4096c.
I did 2 Iterations with a pure yellow and right now the order is as you predicted. 1024c is missing (but works pretty good as mana-amp!)
A simple 8c (2+1+1+1+1+2) is not soooo bad, too, I would remommend it to lazy people

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Here is a slightly better readable version of the killgem_amps64-4_ieee

A= 2b + b + b
E= b + y + b
C= b + 2y
D= E + A

(b+y+2y+b+D+
(E+C+
(C+(2y+y+(2y+y+y+y+y))))+
(E+C+D+
(D+
(A+(2b+b+(b+A+2rb))))))

I don't know, if the position for red is optimal, but somewhere I had to place it... for "squeeze the red out", replace the 2rb with a 2b

Why this killgem? I took a closer look at
- killgem_amps32-2_ieee
- killgem_amps64-10_psorek
- killgem_amps64-4_ieee

The 32s was quickly outsorted,
the 64_10 and 64_4 are equal in bloodbound and crit, but the 64_4 is superior in damage, so I decided to use this spec.

I will not use the intended amp-setup but the 256-killgem-combine also on amps.

The resulting numbers of my current run will not be comparable, as I start with shrine-enhanced g1-gems and a 2rb with 3.3e9 hits

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Astroshak...how do you guys follow that kind of parentheses formula? When I say parentheses, I mean the (1. (x+x) = X, 2. 1+(x+x)+x) = X) formula...

And can you either tree them or make the 1-2-3 line code formula? Thanks. Or just tell me how the heck to read those.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Astro prefers trees, AFAIK...
I put the parenthesis formula to an editor with parenthesis-highlighting, such as 'Notepad2'
Then I shorten the long line in blocks,
first opening parenthesis ends at the end of the complete gem,
I look, where the second opening parenthesis is closed, after the closing parenthesis is a '+' sign, after that plus, I make press return for a new line.
Now I have two gems, with which I start that procedure again.
Then I use the replace-option of the editor: I replace every (g+g) by 2g
After that I look for repeating patterns, build subgems (as in my example A, C, D) and use again the replace-option of the editor.
Then I replace things like (1+(1+(1+2))) with the equivalent 2+1+1+1 for more clearness...
The final combining is strictly from left to right, remaining parenthesis are one gem!
hth

12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

@bilboCGL really don't know why you want to use 256 value amps, but if you have to at least use a gem designed for such amps:

(((((b+b)+(b+b))+(b+((b+y)+(y+y))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+b)))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))+((((b+b)+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b)))))))+(((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))+((b+(b+(b+(b+b))))+((b+(b+(b+b)))+((b+(b+b))+((b+(b+b))+((b+b)+(b+(b+(b+(b+b))))))))))))

Note: this gem will be weaker than the other at low hit counts but that's not a problem for you

I'm also sorry for the difficult to read parenthesis format, but my program can't do much better because working with strings in C is hellish.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Only 2 yellow gems??? Kiwi?

Showing 16-30 of 51