ForumsGamesTrade Your Violent Games in for Ice Cream.... Really?

16 3053
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Ok, so in Marin County, California. Next month, kids can trade in their toy guns and violent video games as a new Buyback program. For what ? you may ask.... Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/articles/trade-your-violent-games-in-for-ice-cream-in-calif/1100-6422387/]

Theirs the link for the story

Before i rage on this..... i hope the person who made this campaign has actually played a video game... because you would know that they do not cause any harm. i play so many bloody games and i am a stable person.
And i don't even think this person has played Pong.

That said.... Enter you're swear words here..........
I mean wow.... WOW HEAVEN ABOVE GOD WOW. I MEAN THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY STUDY'S ABOUT THIS! THERE WAS A 10! YEAR STUDY IN THE UK ABOUT THIS AND IT DID'NT DO ANYTHING TO CHILDREN, ANYTHING. They said that poorly programmed games can cause you to rage but everyone does that.

So. Enter you're comments down below and i don't want to say anything else, this is just to..... just bad.

And if you are a person who may do this.... READ A BLOODY BOOK!

Have a nice day...... READ ONE!

• 16 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

*buys a bunch of really crappy violent games off ebay.

FREE ICECREAM.

~~~Darth Caedus

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I don't mind violence in video games if it's justifiable and proportionate. Killing a ton of terrorists as efficiently as possible is fine. Ditto defending myself. I don't like killing random NPCs though. Makes me feel dirty..

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

i dont feel like reading the link..so i gots question:

Is the incentive for them doing this really because of the perceived idea of "violent video games instigates violence"?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yes people, trade in your $60 video game for about a $5 tub of ice cream.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Is the incentive for them doing this really because of the perceived idea of "violent video games instigates violence"?

I scanned through it a little and I think so. They are also offering to trade in toy guns to help end the violence too.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Since it also mentions toy guns, you can definitely make a profit here.

~~~Darth Caedus

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

i play so many bloody games and i am a stable person.

Ok guys... i'm going to Anger management, starting tomorrow, why would you want to know this? in case i hurt people's feelings on this site. for an hour and another on Saturday

For sure man.
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Great idea if you dislike violence for video games, but also a great experiment, would a child really give up his violent video games for ice cream?
But let's face it, we will all follow after the second comment on the article.

"FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS "

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Great idea guys! Let's gather up all your violent video games and toy guns! We're gong to be having an ice cream party!

In all seriousness, most people play violent video games. However, it does not make them mentally unstable or want to kill people in real life. Most people are perfectly capable of separating reality from fiction. Honestly, I think they're just looking for an excuse to hate on violent video games. And I really doubt ice cream works as a nice incentive.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

For what ? you may ask.... Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

Unless your giving me a lifetime supply, I ain't tradin. As to what darkfire said, the people who do these sorts of things just need an excuse, and if some messed up teenagers shoot people, then that automatically means that we should ban violent video games for the whole population...
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm just going to quote some guy on this, saying a shooter played a violent videogame is about as pointless as saying the criminal also wore socks.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I'm just going to quote some guy on this, saying a shooter played a violent videogame is about as pointless as saying the criminal also wore socks.

Oh my god, the socks had pictures of guns on them! How could we have been so blind to the dangers of violent socks?!
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

yup thats what i want, trade in a 60 dollar game that can last me weeks of entertainment for a few dollar ice cream that will last me 20 minutes at the most

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

So i can buy a game for 30 - 60 in GBP and then trade them for ice cream??? Why the *insert swear word here* would i do that?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Because instead you are going to buy a toy gun in the 0-1 in USD and trade it in for ice cream.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 1-15 of 16