ForumsGamesWhat is the one thing you are unable to bring yourself to do... in Video Games.

39 8567
Koshionos
Koshionos
881 posts
Jester

Simple question, what is something you just cannot bring yourself to do in video games?

Mine?

Be Evil...

I can't explain it, I always have to be the nice guy... always diplomatic... always looking for the alternative...

I just can't bring myself to let HK47 kill that random person who has done no wrong to me. I can't say, "You know what? Forget you Bionic Cultists, I'm going to eradicate you now."

What about you?

• 39 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I have to talk with everybody.

Dude I hate doing that. On literally any game, when I pass a place, even when I've already been there, I talk to everybody I see. Sometimes twice.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Drop an item. "What? Drop this white Level 1 Hyperion sniper for an orange Level 21 Jakobs sniper? Never!"

And for the record, the gun store was only 350 Loaders away so I could have easily made it.

destoyer153
destoyer153
158 posts
Herald

I hate using items. Like I'm playing Fire Emblem, I've finished the campaign and still have never used a vulnerary or elixir. Single-use items are the bane of my existence.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I hate using items. Like I'm playing Fire Emblem, I've finished the campaign and still have never used a vulnerary or elixir. Single-use items are the bane of my existence.

Sounds familiar. I usually think that I'm saving them for later, but I'm never going to use them.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Sounds familiar. I usually think that I'm saving them for later, but I'm never going to use them.

Never used a PP item on any of my Pokemon before. Hmmpph
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I can do *some* evil acts in video games, especially if it means I can unlock certain achievements, unlockables, story paths, etc. But I can't be 100% evil and be a complete A hole while doing so. I've tried once, and it resulted in a pro-capitalist businessman being able to deny poor people food/medicine and insulting Alistair's character, resulting in him going "hey!"

I was like ;-; the whole time.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Be a guy with heavy weapons that runs slow or something like that.

Firekiller55
Firekiller55
190 posts
Nomad

Be a good guy i always have to be EVIL. (MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH)

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Recently I've gotten into Borderlands the Pre-Sequel and I found another habit, I tend to kill everything. I don't know why, but I just do. I know you are supposed to do that to progress and such, but this is slightly different. Even when I am in an area with bad guys that are far out of my way and they start shooting at me, I will go all the way back to them and kill everything. I found myself killing a bunch of alien moon bug things for a solid five minutes as opposed to continuing the mission. But that wasn't my fault. They started it. It was all in self defense

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Be a class other than warrior or a guy with a sword.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Being a woman.
For some reason I can't see myself creating a female character, when I'm a god **** man.
I've felt this way since I played Pokémon on the good ol' GameBoy Colour

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I got the new Smash and you'd think I'd be playing Smash battles all day long, right?

Nope.

Instead I have to complete every challenge and get every trophy. So I have to get like 600 trophies? My life sucks. :3

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have every challenge except the stupid Boss Battle's Insane completed on Brawl, and I'm missing like 3 stickers (out of 700)

Achievement Hunting, not something you can just ignore

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It's hard for me to be bad, as well. I'll start a game like Skyrim or Fallout with the idea that I will play as someone bad..but I'll start to feel guilty of my actions.

Like say a quest is to either save a girl's brother or kill him and steal his key to his home for bonus supplies. I'll begin to think "but then she'd be without her brother, and that is all she has left. I can't do that to her".

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

The one thing I was always unable to bring myself to do, is buy the sequels of games I like, especially how sequels these days are very abundant and expensive.

Showing 16-30 of 39