ForumsNews and FeedbackYes, its already been said... I am sure.

9 4078
batlith
batlith
6 posts
Scribe

Before you troll me (which 90% of the people will anyway), yes, I am aware this is somewhere else out there... I don't care, I felt I needed to say it.

Armor... I used to love your site. I would tell all my friends to come play, especially when they were bored. Congratulations, you killed it. I understand that you have a bandwidth issue and that costs money, however, forcing people to watch ads every time a game loads is a bit overkill. Then there are the 30 second long ads, which would be tolerable until they pop up in Spanish! Sure, this is certainly a multi-cultural community, but wow, when 8/10 ads are in Spanish, it's disturbing to say the least. If nothing else, put a language option in the profile and only play ads in that language... I don't know, but do something. I MIGHT visit the site once or twice a month these days, due largely to the crap ads every time I load a game, and also due to the crap games being published.

I hope you can recover, however, I think the writing is on the wall if you don't do something serious, and soon!

Sincerely,

A (former) avid AG gamer

• 9 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Ads are largely based on search history mate. You can opt out of that though, via Ad Settings.

AG won't pull out the ads, which are after all, what keeps their lights on at night. You might wish to purchase Ad-Free Gaming for a token sum, which I feel, if you really do like the site, you'll have no qualms shelling out for. Other than those options, I'm sure they'll be sad to lose another good user if you're turned off by the ads.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@nichodemus pretty much said it all @batlith... Armor Games needs to gather revenue in order to bring in money to keep the site up and running, which is why these advertisements are added to games. They are based upon the surfer's history and country he is located. Recently, a low-fee package has been launched that enables a user to take out the advertisements allover the website at a small cost, which would be a way for you to keep enjoying this website at your own preferences.

As far as the quality of games goes, there's nothing Armor Games can do about what games are developed and launched I'm afraid... if game developers bring out games of -in your opinion- lesser quality, there's simply nothing we can do but endure and wait for another good game to come out.

I'm sure @Ferret will agree that we would be sad to see one of our users leave this great free online gaming website! So we hope you can find a way to keep playing here and enjoy online gaming... =)

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

As far as the quality of games goes, there's nothing Armor Games can do about what games are developed and launched I'm afraid... if game developers bring out games of -in your opinion- lesser quality, there's simply nothing we can do but endure and wait for another good game to come out.

Or you know, you could do some research, playtest it for like a week and then see if it's actually finished enough to be put up.

Course that won't stop the MMO's since "We need the money!"
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Very sad indeed. I will say though, for a small amount of money you can support the site, kill all ads and be an AFG+ member. We'd rather you not have ads as well, that's why we created AFG+.

ReZisty
ReZisty
31 posts
Shepherd

Honestly if you hate ads that much, do what ferret said. Or, y'know that certain plugin you can install into your browser that does not display ads whatsoever.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Or, y'know that certain plugin you can install into your browser that does not display ads whatsoever.

Those are highly discouraged though, because that means that AG can't make any money, which is why they added AFG+. It was made so that everyone could be happy, users wouldn't have to go through ads and AG could still make the necessary money while still making it a free website for those who wanted it that way.

~Manly
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, any sort of program that works around ads isn't welcome on the site. We need to keep our lights on, servers powered and staff paid. We're trying to offer more ways to help people do that, but it does need to be done. Or we just won't exist.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Or we just won't exist.

Sure you'll exist. Just as a MMO host site instead of flash games.
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

they could also fact check a bit better on if concepts have been stolen from other games and then take them down when proof is shown rather than ignore it for the $$$.
Showing 1-9 of 9