ForumsSupport ForumToo many stickies?

26 4009
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I love how people are suddenly coming together to create new ideas and express all the rules much more clearly, but now it seems like most of the forum sections are way to crowded with stickied topics.

I think many of these stickies could be combined, and in doing so we would save space and everything would be easier to find. This would probally mean recreating a lot of people's works, but this is also an opertunity to get rid of multiple things mentioned in 2 different stickies, add more, and delete what is not needed.

These are my opinions of stickies that should be combined, I will also post ones that should not be combined with anything just to show how much mor space we would save in the forums.

Suport and Suggestions 9 to 6

>Guide to Everything on AG(Improved)
>How to Act Towards a Mod, Admin, or another User
>*Please Read* What to Do if You See Spam and What Exactly is Spam Guide

>*Read this first before posting!*

>User profile page update. All suggestions are welcome!

>Glitches on Armorgames

>The Moderation Team
>Want to be a Mod? Want Merits?

>N&N and Greg Merit Guide! (Improved)

Note: Dan could also make a new link to his own page on teh site that discuss many of the above, so instead of having all the rules right there in the forum. There could be a list of the main rules there, and the rest fo them somewere else on the site. All you would have to do is make a link from the forum to the rest of the rules. The same could be said with the "How to act towards a mod" and anything else relating to AG behavior.

World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc. 5 to 3

>The Great Debate!

>The World Events, Politics, Religion Forum Guide to Success
>Proper Citation

>*Popular Discussions* READ BEFORE YOU POST
>Please read before posting

Art, Music, and Writing 6 to 3

>Art & Music Rules - Read Before Posting
>Writing Guidelines
>Submit your art and music.

>T-Shirt Design Contest

>Useful Links (I beleive that instead of links to people's art... which gives the feeling of choosing one person's art over another which is unfair...plus many of the links are linsk to dead/not very good threads... it should only have links to popular MS Paint guides and other things that could help people with art or that topic be about those things.)

>Share your intrument! (Don't exactly know why its here but oh well... it is)

The ">"s that are bordering each other are topics I beleive that should be combined. ">" that are isolated are good as they are.

• 26 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

0_o

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

What?! I really don't understand what you're trying to get at here...

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Um, uh..what?

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Is this because you think that the forums are running out of space or what...? I dont think there are too many stickies and they are very helpful to the community.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am saying that many of the Stickied topics in the forums could be combined to save space. Instead of having a huge 9 spaces taken up by stickied topics, we could slim it down to 6 or even less!

Zega, don't spam on my thread please.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

i dont think people would want to read so much in one thread, but thats just me cause im lazy

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

You know I was just thinking about this a couple minutes ago haha, there are a lot of stickies, it's not a major problem, but it is kind of cluttered, maybe it would be a little helpful to have all the essentials a new member or anyone actually, would need to know in one thread, like how ou organized above...

I think Support&Suggestions needs it the most, WOW...overwhelming if you were new, and were looking for answers on the forums no?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If you do not understand what I am saying, don't bother posting. I am only sayign taht 9 stickied topics are a lot. We could combine about 3 of those topics into 1, and another 2 into 1. So then we have more room so that other posts are not bumped back to page 2 so soon. It also would make the forums look cleaner, and things would be easier to find since you would not have to jump around so much.

If you are thinking of posting "What? I dont understand" then don't press "Post Your Reply" and re read everything since it is obvious your not trying hard enough to understand what I am saying.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, I think the stickied topics are fine, and narrowing them down wouldn't really do much to help the AG forums.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Well, they seem pretty good right now, combining the two topics could make it more less organized and maybe even less unerstandable, so yeah, I agree with Agent_86.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am suggesting to rearange the stickies so they are more organized. I am not saying there is a problem with them. I am only statign that we could make things better.

When I say combine topics, I mean to rewrite everything. Not to copy and past one topic under the other topic. Then that would make the topics too long.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree, there are too many! We realize this, and have been thinking about which threads to condense to reduce the clutter.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

And changing the stickies would make them go off-topic more easily because of the broader topics.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Agent, go back and read everything I said and look at the topics I paired up. Most of the paired up topics are already very simular to each other.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

@NoNameC68 I see what you are suggesting, and I agree that some can be paired up, although I really don't see the problem...yet

Showing 1-15 of 26