ForumsForum Games[necro] Russian Roulette 2014

73 25639
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This game is based on a previous version from 2012, which can be found here. The main difference is that this game will involve the use of forum tools added in 2014.

How To Play:

This game is a single-elimination tournament using the rules outlined below. The link at the top of the OP leads to a previous version of this game, whose OP includes a backstory.

Anyway, you will be matched up against another player in a life-or-death match, which includes the betting of in-game money. Each of you will start with $100. Each match will work like this:

0*) The game begins when 8 players have signed up**. Once the sign-ups are complete, I will randomly determine the bracket, which will also determine who calls the coin in each matchup. The bracket assignment is the only time I will use an offsite random process.

1) Whoever is assigned to call the coin will call either Heads or Tails. Once the coin has been called (though I would like to consolidate the coins in the first round), I will use AG's coin tool to flip a coin whose label is the username of whoever called the coin. After I post the coin flip, I will edit the post to notify who will go first, which is the loser of the coin flip.

2) On your turn, choose a number of bullets to load from 1 to 5 (more bullets = higher chance of death) as well as a bet. The maximum bet is $20 per bullet. I will then roll a d6 using AG's dice tool. You survive if the roll is higher than the number of bullets, which means you take the amount of money you bet from the other player in your matchup, then the other player takes a turn. Otherwise, you die and the other player moves on to the next round. Note: If your bet results in the other player running out of money, you move on to the next round.

*I called that step 0 because it only happens once per tournament, but steps 1 and 2 occur in every match.

**I won't be on for about 12 hours after I create this thread, so if for some reason, more than 8 users sign up for the first game, anyone after the first 8 will have to wait until the next game.

-------------------------

Current Tournament:

Tournament 1 is now in the 2nd round ($200):

1st Round:

xXxDAPRO89xXx def. blk2860 and will call the coin in the next round.
StormWalker def. Lowco1 and will not call the coin in the next round.
Arverniraider24 def. Loop_Stratos and will call the coin in the next round.
riku_ullman def. JACKinbigletters and will not call the coin in the next round.

2nd Round:

xXxDAPRO89xXx vs. StormWalker
Arverniraider24 vs. riku_ullman

Reserved for Tournament 2:

1) miklothegamer

• 73 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There are still 2 coins that need to be called, but I'll reserve the first two now to keep this thread on Page 1 of Forum Games.

Lowco1 vs StormWalker: Lowco1 calls Heads.

Lowco1 = Tails

The result is Tails, so StormWalker will go first.

Lowco1: $100
StormWalker: $100

JACKinbigletters vs riku_ullman: JACKinbigletters calls Heads.

JACKinbigletters = Heads

The result is Heads, so JACKinbigletters will go first.

JACKinbigletters: $100
riku_ullman: $100

COIN RESULTS
Lowco1
Tails
JACKinbigletters
Heads
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Critical Error: I just realized that it's the loser of the coin flip who will go first, so it's actually @Lowco1 and @riku_ullman who will go first in their matchups. I will also tag @daleks and @Loop_Stratos to call the coins in their matchups.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I load 5 bullets.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You also need to bet an amount of money up to $20 per bullet, so $100 in your case.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

$100 bucks.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Lowco1 vs StormWalker: Lowco1 loads 5 bullets and bets $100.

Lowco1 = 2

Lowco1 dies, so StormWalker wins the round with $200.

DICE RESULTS
2 = Lowco1
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Yay
So, to make sure I've got this straight, I now get to wait until everyone else is done for the next bracket, right?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

So, to make sure I've got this straight, I now get to wait until everyone else is done for the next bracket, right?

Correct.

Tag Update:

@daleks to call a coin.
@Loop_Stratos to call a coin.
@riku_ullman to load and bet.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Can I join?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Can I join?

You will have to wait until the next tournament, but I'll reserve a spot for you.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I WAS SLEEPING. /end rage

I call tails.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Loop_Stratos vs Arverniraider24: Loop_Stratos calls tails.

Loop_Stratos = Tails

The result is Tails, so Arverniraider24 will go first.

Loop_Stratos: $100
Arverniraider24: $100

COIN RESULTS
Loop_Stratos
Tails
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

I place two bullets in the chamber

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You're also supposed to make a bet when you load bullets. With two bullets, the maximum bet is $40 ($20 per bullet maximum).

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

then 10 each

Showing 16-30 of 73