ForumsForum Games[necro] Russian Roulette 2014

73 25642
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This game is based on a previous version from 2012, which can be found here. The main difference is that this game will involve the use of forum tools added in 2014.

How To Play:

This game is a single-elimination tournament using the rules outlined below. The link at the top of the OP leads to a previous version of this game, whose OP includes a backstory.

Anyway, you will be matched up against another player in a life-or-death match, which includes the betting of in-game money. Each of you will start with $100. Each match will work like this:

0*) The game begins when 8 players have signed up**. Once the sign-ups are complete, I will randomly determine the bracket, which will also determine who calls the coin in each matchup. The bracket assignment is the only time I will use an offsite random process.

1) Whoever is assigned to call the coin will call either Heads or Tails. Once the coin has been called (though I would like to consolidate the coins in the first round), I will use AG's coin tool to flip a coin whose label is the username of whoever called the coin. After I post the coin flip, I will edit the post to notify who will go first, which is the loser of the coin flip.

2) On your turn, choose a number of bullets to load from 1 to 5 (more bullets = higher chance of death) as well as a bet. The maximum bet is $20 per bullet. I will then roll a d6 using AG's dice tool. You survive if the roll is higher than the number of bullets, which means you take the amount of money you bet from the other player in your matchup, then the other player takes a turn. Otherwise, you die and the other player moves on to the next round. Note: If your bet results in the other player running out of money, you move on to the next round.

*I called that step 0 because it only happens once per tournament, but steps 1 and 2 occur in every match.

**I won't be on for about 12 hours after I create this thread, so if for some reason, more than 8 users sign up for the first game, anyone after the first 8 will have to wait until the next game.

-------------------------

Current Tournament:

Tournament 1 is now in the 2nd round ($200):

1st Round:

xXxDAPRO89xXx def. blk2860 and will call the coin in the next round.
StormWalker def. Lowco1 and will not call the coin in the next round.
Arverniraider24 def. Loop_Stratos and will call the coin in the next round.
riku_ullman def. JACKinbigletters and will not call the coin in the next round.

2nd Round:

xXxDAPRO89xXx vs. StormWalker
Arverniraider24 vs. riku_ullman

Reserved for Tournament 2:

1) miklothegamer

• 73 Replies
miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

I know it's late but I'd be up for the 2nd round if there is one.

Also, I was a bit confused about one thing, if someone dies do you get all their money? I thought if someone died then you moved on to the next round, but only kept the money you had, so you COULD enter the 2nd round with $200, but you could also enter with less.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What? Why did you just add me? I never wanted to actually play, I was just wondering why you chose what you did.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What? Why did you just add me? I never wanted to actually play, I was just wondering why you chose what you did.

You didn't indicate whether you wanted to play or not, so I put you in until you didn't respond.

Also, I was a bit confused about one thing, if someone dies do you get all their money?

Yes.

--------------------------------

Arverniraider24 vs. riku_ullman: Arverniraider24 loads 1 bullet and bets $20.

Arverniraider24 = 6

Arverniraider24 survives and takes $20, so riku_ullman will go next.

Arverniraider24: $220
riku_ullman: $180

DICE RESULTS
6 = Arverniraider24
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'll play it safe-ish and go with two bullets for $40.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

xXxDAPRO89xXx vs. StormWalker: StormWalker loads 2 bullets and bets $40.

StormWalker = 3

StormWalker survives and takes $40, so xXxDAPRO89xXx will go next.

xXxDAPRO89xXx: $160
StormWalker: $240

DICE RESULTS
3 = StormWalker
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Hopefully I don't die...

I bet 3 for $20 each

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

bump

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

xXxDAPRO89xXx vs. StormWalker: xXxDAPRO89xXx loads 3 bullets and bets $60.

XXxDAPRO89xXx = 4

xXxDAPRO89xXx survives and takes $60, so StormWalker will go next.

xXxDAPRO89xXx: $220
StormWalker: $180

Also, riku_ullman goes next in the other matchup.

DICE RESULTS
4 = XXxDAPRO89xXx
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

is there a if player doesn't post in x time they lose rule?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Just to clarify, we keep going until someone dies, right?
I'll shift my previous bet to 3 for $60.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

storm i think so

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron
miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts