ForumsGamesGC:CS - update is coming soon :)

29 6718
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

GiaB blog post is telling me that it won't be as bad as we were guessing

• 29 Replies
xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

the best case roadmap for v.1.1.0 is this November

so march 2015
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Actually, the "Earned exp above 10M to 100M per field will be removed" is rather scary. I've got stages with well over (for example) 902,000,000,000 experience .. he's talking about removing experience in excess of 10,000,000 to 100,000,000 ... that's not exactly a whole lot. Sure, 10M to 100M is more than you would expect to get in a stage if you were not enraging .. but 10M especially is well within the range of the attainable for stanadard play on some later stages, on higher difficulties with more traits selected!

Case in point : http://imgur.com/0opZjmz ...

That was just a very quick run through the stage. U4, haunting, all traits. 4 orange, 5 yellow, 1 red, 22 white G1's to form the base gem, with eight amps of 1:1 orange:yellow gems, call all waves early, upgrade with U as much as possible.

Killing earned exp over whatever value is very scary.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

He said wiz level xp needed will be rescaled so you'll come out mostly the same as long as you don't play like me. I.e. more than half my experience was from the last field played for at least the last dozen xp runs I did. Probably scale with field "difficulty" so f1 will be 10mill and x/y will be 100mill.

Of course you'll probably be able to get a few million skill points due to bugs in the new features too. Also multiple gem bombs with one click feature.

Probably want to cache the 1.0.19 .swf for level 100+ gems and such now I guess.

GregW17
GregW17
5 posts
Peasant

Time will tell... Just means we'll find something new that lets us get the "astronomical" experience on levels. It really is concerning because assuming it's the upper one mentioned, which was 100 million, that's 1.4 million base, assuming you did max traits except manalock. Especially on field Y you could easily earn more than that without enraging from the orb intact xp bonus before endurance even starts.

Considering you need 45 points for the freeze spell plus the "+x to all skill levels" talisman(s) I'd have thought permafreeze was a feature for the lategame player to get the satisfaction of being able to clear endurance, even if it does take quite a while to do it.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

GiaB blog post is telling me that it won't be as bad as we were guessing

It reads, as it will get even worse - I have never thought of loosing already gained xp! Why the heck have (not only) I spent up to four weeks on one run?
And I still do not get the point WHY nerfing freeze and xp is neccesary - There is NO scoreboard so no one has any disadvantages from some crazy maniacs...
Playing locally cached .swf will not work as the online save system denies access for local files.
Maybe I should rathe do another 11,675 run on GCL than playing CS when my xp will be cut anyway!
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Swarm endurance in GCL? You really are a maniac (giants with all bells is 44k, although it might be a lot harder here with the lime gem change...well I think it's possible to win there without mana-farming with giants so no biggy)

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Swarm endurance? Nice idea - but by 11675 run I mean something like this:

http://s9.postimg.org/pm7hfftfz/image.jpg

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

This update persuades me to go significantly past grade 120 - I might run it well into January at this rate.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Next time you'll load this game, you will have less overall hp than pre-endurance-raw-XP...

8thseaofrhye
8thseaofrhye
12 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm curious which skills will get uncapped...
Bloodbound, hopefully...

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

In stead of just telling us on his blog what changes are coming, i wish he would share his thoughts on why he is making them. It may or may not help, but generally people accept things better when they at least understand the rationale for changes. all his changes since release seem aimed at the "core" players/fans of the game, and pissing them off. Maybe there is some big picture thinking going on that would make sense for where he wants to take the game, but as someone said above, its not like this game is a competition, its more about getting as far as you can individually, and the game community is all about helping each other.

Just some thoughts.

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

I was about to play this after a two month break, so the update incomming. I thought to myself, why bother? Ill just wait and see what the update does, because i dont want to spend a few hours getting a crap ton of exp on some maps only to have it nerfed to the ground.

No offense to him, but in games in general, when they say they are "rebalancing" xp, usualy means they are nerfing the required exp by some, but nerfing the exp we gain by a INSASNLY amount, so in theory it would still look like it takes the same amount of time, but in reality, it takes 100x more effort.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Another idea would be to really fork the game - maybe AG would host GC:CS V1 and GC:CS V2

And I subscribe every single point jdguy99 said!
@8thseaofrhye: If one skill will not loose its cap, then BB. My guess would be the lower (and maybe the upper) row of skills...

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Maybe he'll uncap slow and it'll be like having perma-freeze. It's almost guaranteed that you'll be living in unlimited skill points until the following patch

I had more fun with CS non-prem than I did with GCL prem, once you beat a full endurance at level 300 and e7 or the spiral level at 2000 you just used the same tactics everywhere because they were just a stupidly better option. Sure it only takes 15 minutes of attention and another 10 of waiting for level to end for each of the 169 maps, but since there's never any doubt to the outcome I find it boring. I probably like CS non-prem over GCL non-prem for that matter too (even though it's stupidly tedious to get high level talisman parts non-prem).

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I agree - but I really like the repetetive, meditative way to play on high WL. For the strategic aspect, I do such things like "complete game without mp at lowest WL" (I completed by WL 67) or "the f-hextile only".
Once the WL is high enough, say 1k or 2k - it is always the same - but that is the point I like - If I would not like it, I'd play another game...

Showing 1-15 of 29