ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74256
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Name: Delroth
Class: Assassin
Race: Ghost
Bio: An Evil ghost who attacks the life force of beings directly and can temporarily go into and steal the body's of those he kills.
Appearance: A ghost wearing what appears to be assassin armor, can change appearance at will.
Temporarily: Adventurer scout(leather armor, Iron short-sword)

"Sir yes sir!" i say loudly, saluting.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The merchant wickedly smiles "Good, I don't want any surprises." he says. The caravan starts up again unknowing of your true identity. The back of the cart is strangely reinforced with a greenish metal and has a tarp tightly wrapped around about 3 feet high and 4 feet long "Let's pick up the pace, our 'client' is eagerly awaiting the package." The guards are place on the four corner of the cart, all very tall and muscular. In the distance lies Amaranthine, the second human city known as the cultural central of the kingdom.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Bio: An Evil ghost who attacks the life force of beings directly and can temporarily go into and steal the body's of those he kills.
Appearance: A ghost wearing what appears to be assassin armor, can change appearance at will.

I smile and run on ahead into the path, when i am out of eyesight i climb a tree and when the caravan is just beneath a branch i cut the branch with my sword.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The branch after some effort fell right on the merchant's head, knocking him off the cart and rendering him unconscious. The cart stopped and the guard with panic gathered around their boss, one desperately to wake him up. They were not on high alert, as it could've have been an accident.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I climb down quietly and rush over, "Wait, Wait!" i yell "I run to the guards and look and the merchant, "I know some herbal tricks, but i will need him over in the forest, Alone."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guards looked at each other, they were only in for the pay "Alright, the sooner he gets up and moving, the sooner we can be out of this god-forsaken forest." the biggest of the guards says "We weren't hired to protect the merchant anyway, its the cargo that the boss said was important." he mentions.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Ok." i carry him into the forest and silently eat away at his life force.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The merchant bolsters little resistance, it is not long until you drain him completely. His body now lies cold, now the decsion is what to do with the guards and the cargo

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Temporarily: Merchant (Robed merchant, Iron Short-sword)

I steal the merchants body, take the sword off of the scout and return, i get on the wagon and say "Move!".

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guards relieved that the merchant is up and about again, return to their posts. While picking up the pace again, One guard noticing the scout had not returned asks "Where did the other guy go?" To you. Now that you are close to the cargo container, faint bumps could be heard coming from it.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"He is scouting on ahead." as soon as we reach a stopping point for the evening i tell them i will be lookout first.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

As night descends on the forest, you make camp within a clearing just off the road. You will be in the city the next day should it go smoothly. The guards take the liberty of setting up the camp and starting a fire. They seem to forget all about the scout and while they appear suspicious, they enjoy the rest.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

When they are not looking i look inside of the cargo container.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

You open the back of the container to find a very young woman dressed in tattered garbs, her hand and feet bound in complicated metal locks the likes you have never seen. She is gagged, and makes barely audible attempts to say something but it is clear she is scared of you. Magic power radiates from this being. Her skin is a lavender color, her eyes a shining blue and her hair a dark purple she is defintiely not human or not anymore at least

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I remove the gag and say "Who are you? and why are you being shipped in a box?"

Showing 16-30 of 333