ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Im getting ads on the forums...

10 2253
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I dont know if this is because of AG or because of a visit from my senile grandmother, but for some reason i'm receiving ads on the AG forums and no where else, as yet been recorded. Whats with this, or am I the only one?

• 10 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ads on the Forums?! (Oo)

Could you post a screenshot of this so we can have a look please @evilsweetblock?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I had ads on my Forum pages before, realised that they were caused by malware secretly installing themselves onto my computer. Try deleting and thrashing all unknown add-ons in your browser.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@nichodemus, I dont know how to do that, how does one do that?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@evilsweetblock

Which browser are you using?

Firefox

Chrome

Internet Explorer

You might want to disable the ad-on first, in case they aren't malware. Try going into the "Uninstall Program" on your computer to check whether any suspicious looking programs have installed themselves too.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@nichodemus
Thank you very much, i found some really weird stuff and i trashed them, my computer is now loading from dead snail on a treadmill pace to dead snail, the norm.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Do the ads still pop up?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@nichodemus
No, I dont think. Also, can I ask another un-AG related technical question here?
Edit: No, The ads no longer flood the windows, but im still getting the roll-over deals.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You get roll over ads on the Forums?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I get roll over ads everywhere, my senile grandmother downloaded a bunch of scam computer cleaners, and then I uninstalled most of them, I think, and now I get roll-over ads. Also I uninstalled my speakers or whatever, I cant turn the sound on in my computer, is their a way to fix this as well?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Speakers:

Control Panel > Action Center > Review Your Computer's Status and Resolve Issues > Trouble Shooting > Trouble Shoot Audio Playback. Select the speakers/jack you deleted and troubleshoot.

If it comes to the crunch, you'll have to do a system restore to reset your computer to an earlier time.

-----

Roll over ads:

Try checking for more suspicious programs/extensions. If that fails again, uninstall and delete your browser, before reinstalling it. Run a virus scan with a genuine product. Worked for me countless times before.

Showing 1-10 of 10