ForumsGamesGC:CS New Vision fields in v1.1

34 18768
12345ieee
12345ieee
135 posts
Farmer

I made a new topic to gather information about the new Vision fields so that I can keep the first post updated, instead of having to search through the old thread:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12403142/gc-cs-new-fields-in-v11

It seems that you have to replay the unlocker fields if you want the Vision field it gives, Looming difficulty is enough.

EDIT: The list is now complete and doublechecked, if someone wants to transfer it to the wiki it would be great.
Many thanks to @bilboCGL

V1 -> K3 Looming
V2 -> P1 Looming
V3 -> C4 Looming (MP only)
V4 -> D5 Looming
-----------------------------------
V5 -> L4 Looming (MP only)
V6 -> U7 Looming
V7 -> Q4 Looming
V8 -> J5 Looming
V9 -> Y6 Looming
V10 -> N6 Looming
V11 -> H4 Looming
V12 -> X7 Looming
V13 -> R6 Looming
V14 -> G3 Looming (it then goes on hextile F)
V15 -> A5 Looming
V16 -> G5 Looming
V17 -> W4 Looming (MP only)
V18 -> J4 Looming

For who has trouble beating some of those and want some pointers @bilboCGL has made a great walkthrough collection at:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12407538/gccs-the-vision-field-walkthrough-thread

For the standard fields nothing seems to be changed, refer to the wiki:
http://gemcraft.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fields_in_Gemcraft_Chapter_2

• 34 Replies
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Beat 7 with green/black (one gem, 2 amps). Wasn't very pretty, I even leaked a lot early and didn't anger enough.

V12 stands alone. Someone was talking about pure red, which seems insane. No way to get through armor past wave 10, let alone hp inflation. Haven't figured out how to stall and get the gem, unless it's some very ugly call waves early stuff. I can get past the mana burn wave with two black/red towers low, but the following one does me (fast, 350 armor, 2500 hp).

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I just cannot beat V7, no matter what i try, absolutly NO MATTER WHAT I TRY!
can someone make a video!?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

forget that, i've won field V7

supersapito
supersapito
1 posts
Jester

How to beat V14? I cant beat it no matter how.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

For V14, i just have combined the grade 6 gems into a grade 8, then, combine all the gems that you start with until you make another grade 8 gem, then, combine those two gems into a grade 9 gem, then, just make 1 grade 1 red gem, 1 grade 1 purple and a grade 2 orange gem, combine those into a grade 3 gem, then, just upgrade it when you can, focus on killing the strong giants LAST, kill the reavers/swarmlings first

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/QVjgSfE.jpg
I did that way, combine the starters into two big gems. The one that has more red focus target to lowest hp. Amp when you can, you can upgrade more if you want but that's enough to finish with some leaks, the giants need 2 or 3 passes each.

V12 done. You need to survive to wave 20 while having 3k mana left over (more for possible leaks), red black does ok without amps, just move around or dupe as needed. The trick is the armor gem is always selected, it'll be freed by wave 15 or 16. Dupe twice, get them on the yellow locked gem. When that's free, throw a party because there doesn't seem another way to take the creeps at the end

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I've won all the 18 vision fields and all the 162 fields, i think the hardest vision field was V7

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Was easier for me to figure out than V12, who'd have thought spirit forge gems listen to what you want them to do?

Also try to get a beacon to spawn within range of them to buy you some time lol.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Yah double post.

Messing around with vision fields in my lowbie game, they seem much harder. I sailed through most of them first try except of course for the 4 I listed as nightmarish, now need 2 or 3 tries, even on one the one I posted the how-to above.

kenji1134
kenji1134
17 posts
Blacksmith

Seems like in the later vision fields there is only 1 way to beat them. So perfect execution, and luck... Just some dumb luck on some of them.

Also I do not see how people are freeing the Yellow gem on V12. I have 3 of my own G4 Purples firing on it, plus the Spiritforge one, and it is nowhere close to being freed by the time the last wave comes around.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Just got it again with what I described. Freed the armor gem by wave 12, yellow busted out by wave 22. Granted I was seconds away from losing, had to sell off some gems to survive while it charged

Red/black seems to work best, and I tried a lot of things. Anger the first few reaver waves for some extra mana (giants not worth it). Keep a low grade red/black in a trap to collect hits, 1k hits in a level 6 gem is 1.4x everything. I put one gem top, one bottom, up the top one first, make another grade 4 or 5 for the swarm waves. Above all keep that armor gem selected while it's locked, then make sure to kill the mana burn creatures first. And don't forget that gem wasps slow creatures down just a bit.

86er
86er
24 posts
Herald

"MP"?

What does that mean?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Magician's Pouch - that thing that costs 5 bucks and possession of which unlocks a few things, such as the chain hit skill.

86er
86er
24 posts
Herald

Magician's Pouch - that thing that costs 5 bucks and possession of which unlocks a few things, such as the chain hit skill

Right. Thanks.

I just discovered this after stumbling across V13 by accident.

Help there please?

In fact, maybe there should be a walkthrough on all the new Vision fields in a separate topic, or a separate topic for each Vision field.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Lots of them are pretty easy. Triple gem of best damagers, selectively kill some things.

Bilbo and I talked about on page 2, 2 ways to beat it but both are poison (too much armor for anything else). I do one gem like this (add more amps to help fire rate), and anger the 8-12 reaver waves with low hp for a little more mana:
http://i.imgur.com/J8AFIEb.jpg

Oh, topic starter is around pretty often. If enough how-tos accumulate here you can ask him to link them. But like I said, the real tricky ones are already covered here.

Showing 16-30 of 34