ForumsForum GamesChronicles of Katlega: Act 1- Signup

42 12218
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Welcome, and thank you for visiting this thread.

This is a forum game signup for the Chronicles of Katlega role playing game. The actual game will be starting on JANUARY 14 .

Note- Our staff has decided that TWO Game Masters will be acting as the referees instead of the normal one game master. That being said, we can support a large amount of players, but not too many. If too many players sign up, we will be forced to select the best backstories for the game.

WHAT IS CHRONICLES OF KATLEGA? Katlega is a tabletop roleplaying game formatted for forum play. That being said, we have created a modified version of D&D 3.5. But instead of keeping focus on stats and numbers- we are directing our attention on the story.

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR- Anybody can play, and at any time someone can join, although there will be ingame benefits to those that sign up here. Those who are more active in the game will be more important to the game’s storyline. That being said, players will actively influence the world of Katlega.

WHAT EXACTLY IS KATLEGA- Katlega is a world comprised of beings much like you and I- There are aspects of fantasy within this world but it has a close resemblance to the world you and I call home.

HOW DO I JOIN?- Fill out the character sheet below.

Name- What you are called be your peers

Age- Your physical age

Gender- What sex you are

College Major, if applicable- What did you graduate with? Did you go onto masters? Details is key

Job, if applicable- Are you employed? If so, then doing what?

Reason for Cruistar- *SEE BELOW*

Physical Appearance- Could be within backstory

Backstory- Everything that makes your character who they are. Key events in their life, relationships, anything. Again, details are key.

*Reason for Cruistar*

At the start of the game all of the players are on a cruise ship. It is June 15, 2015 when the cruise ship (named Cruistar) leaves the port of California and heads towards Japan. Not long (perhaps 5-6 hours) after the ship leaves something strange happens. A massive rogue whirlpool engulfs part of the ship- the part the players were on.

After the stunned and possibly injured survivors wake up- they are in a strange new land. This land is called Katlega- and the players lives will never be the same.

Therefore- what are your reasons for going on this cruise?

We hope that you will consider joining this game!

Questions can be posted here as well!
Remember the game will be starting January 14, 2015 and if too any player join then we will be releasing the list of accepted players a little bit before that!
Have a nice day!

-Erabor & the Chronicles of Katlega staff.

EDIT 1- Players do not need to know D&D 3.5 mechanics to play.

• 42 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I will join, I need some time to set it up.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

I will join, I need some time to set it up

Alright, thank you for playing!
If you know anybody else that may be interested, informing them would be greatly appreciated

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Same here. I will post my sheet withing the week or so

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Name- Brian Smith

Age- 23

Gender- Male

College Major, if applicable- I majored in chemistry.

Job, if applicable- Unemployed for now.

Reason for Cruistar- To explore different places.

Physical Appearance- Brown hair, Green eyes, freckles, average height, mediu
Build

Backstory- Ever since elementary school, Brian has had interest in foreign countries, and longed to travel away from his homeland, America. Young and fresh out of college, Brian decided he would celebrate by taking a cruise.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

@Saphire24 Thank you!

@red303 Thank you! Now is Brian majored in general Chemistry or is it something more specific (like Organic Chemistry?)

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Biochemistry if you want something more specific.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Biochemistry if you want something more specific.

Thank you!

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Behold! My true power! WALLS OF TEXT!!)

Name- Sean Maximus Deane

Age- 32

Gender- M

College Major, if applicable- N/A

Job, if applicable- Blacksmith to a small town who sells medieval weaponry and armor.

Reason for Cruistar- Going to Japan to deal with a new source of fuel and ore for his smithy and hoping to meet other Smiths and collect moldings for the more oriental weaponry and armor, while also hoping to make new contacts within the Japaneses market for his wears.

Physical Appearance- Broad shoulders from countless hours at the anvil, thickened skin around his hands from the heat of the forge. Small indents on his arms and neck from sparks of steel landed on open flesh. Short dark hair with a short black beard cover his face, all his hair is bristly and soot-covered. His eyes are steel-blue and bright. His noes is slightly bigger then average due to an improper healing when it broke. He stands at six foot four inches. Muscled and toned from a life of physical labor.

Backstory- Born as the second son to the family of five, a younger sister making up the numbers. He lived between the one given all the responsibility and the one coddled for being the last child of the bunch. Treated with a mixture of the two he grew to be a listener, never speaking his mind unless his counsel was called for and always there for others. He acted as the families rock listening to all there problems and helping them through rough waters, all while refusing to burden them with his own problems. Teased at primary school for his large size being called adopted, a freak, a B. He created a strong outer shell to ward off those who insulted him, shrugging off any slight. He made his first metalwork project in secondary school at the age of 17, a silver heart for a girl he was sweet on, this started his love for forgework. She was his first love. He went on to date her for four years until an accident tore them apart. During this time he finished his secondary school education, a B-student, and found work in a metalworks. With the money he saved from there he set up his own forge and began doing what he loved, making weapons. He and his schoolfriends are still in contact, one of them working under him as an apprentice. He's a heavyweight and likes a drink when it's offered, he has an interest in brewing but has never had time with trying to keep up payments on the forge. He never leaves the forge without his hammer at his hip, his goggles on his head, his gloves in his pocket and his leather apron somewhere on his person. His family is scattered, his sister in London working in some bank, his brother became a teacher with two children of his own, and his parents still live together. He has a very understanding personality and is very open-minded. Logic is important.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

*facepalm*

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

*facepalm*
Eh?
red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

My god... How long did that take you?? Also, you know that this takes place on in 2015, right? Not very many blacksmiths nowadays.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Very much appreciated. Nice backstory, lots of details to work with.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

My god... How long did that take you??

Hahaha I wuldnt imagine long... Jack plays a ton of forum games
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Not very many blacksmiths nowadays.
There are small forges that make swords that can be bought online today, go look for yourself.

My god... How long did that take you??
Longer then it should have seeing as I started a completely different character halfway through creating the one I originally started making, which is the character I'm using now.

Very much appreciated. Nice backstory, lots of details to work with.
Thank you very much, tell me if you need more, I'm sure I could squirrel in some few more nuggets.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name- Alkyros

Age- 3

Gender- Male

College Major, if applicable- N/A

Job, if applicable- N/A

Reason for Cruistar- His parents wanted to try going to the Cruistar.

Physical Appearance- A little larger than a baby.

Backstory- Haven't learned to speak, but can somewhat walk.

(I haven't seen many 0-5 yo's in RPGs so...)

Showing 1-15 of 42