ForumsForum GamesThe Forumnauts and the Keymettic Arena || The End

1025 267141
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the Keymettic Arena, brave Forumnauts. Please keep your wits about you. We are currently in the fourth stage of experiments. Things may still be a bit glitchy here, so please be careful or you may wind up [randomed] or worse. Please keep the following in mind:

1. This might be one of the stupidest forum games you will play.
2. You probably have no idea what is going on here.
3. Forum rules still apply here.
4. Please use OOC if you are not in-character. All Forumnaut games are RP-lite. You're playing a character but you're playing yourself.

I will be keeping watch from my laboratory and try to resolve any glitchy issues that may occur during this experiment, but I make no promises. If you do happen to die during this experiment, please make another post and you will automatically be revived. You will lose an attack during resurrection.

As a Keymettic Warrior, you have three stats: Key, Met, and Tic. Each of these three stats are important in their own way. You are also outfitted with equipment of your choice.

When signing up for this experiment, please roll 3d6 points to your Key, Met, and Tic and assign the rolls to whatever stat you wish. Please also choose your main hand (MH) and offhand (OH) equipment.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: (Your Username)
Background: (optional)
-----
Hands:
Main:
Off:
Armor:
Head: nothing (0)
Torso: shirt (0)
Legs: pants (0)
-----
Base stats:
KEY:
MET:
TIC:

For default Knights:
Hands: 3d6+2 / +10
Main: Knight's Sword
Off: Knight's Shield
Armor: Knight's Armor +30
Head: Knight's Helmet
Torso: Knight's Body Armor
Legs: Knight's Leg Armor

For default Mods
Hands: 10d10
Main: Banhammer
Off: ---
Armor: Mod Aura +60
Head:
Torso: Mod Cape (neck)
Legs:

ARMORY
Your available equipment is as follows:
Axe of Rargh! - 1d12 (MH)
Clink Clank Sword - 3d4 (MH)
Parrying Dagger - 1d4 / +3 (OH) - Blocks certain attacks with a 4 roll.
Pew Pew Blaster - 2d6 (MH)
Plink Plank Sword - 1d6 (OH)
Plonk Plonk Shield - +5 (OH)
Really Big Shield - +20 (MH + OH) - Also defends one other person.
Wicked Ninja Blade - 3d4+2 (MH) - Please be careful with this! I'm pretty sure it's cursed.
Wicked Ninja Dagger - 1d4+2 (OH) - Please be careful with this! I'm pretty sure it's cursed.

Seasoned Forumnauts have access to better equipment.
ConsecuCount Cannon - 1+ (MH+OH)
Req: Successfully count to 100.
Special: Passive: Requires a minimum of three people to operate, the consecucount cannon gains 1 damage each successful attack and resets to 1 each 100th sequential successful attack on cooldown.

Redactive Shield - +8 (OH)
Req: Must have been redacted, deleted, descended, etc.
Special: Active: Cancels damage of next attack on self. Once per battle.

Ascendent Sword - 3d4 (MH)
Req: Must have been ascended, etc.
Special: Active: Doubles damage of next attack on selected target. Once per battle.

Golden Carrot Stick - 3d4+3 (MH)
Req: Gantickest Gantestant
Special: Passive: Double damage vs rabbity types.

Knight's Sword - 3d6+2 (MH)
Req: Knight
Special: Double damage vs. dragony types.

Knight's Shield - +10 (OH)
Req: Knight
Special: None.

Banhammer - 10d10 (MH+OH)
Req: Moderator
Special: Active: Banninate. Works on Users, Knights, and anything that isn't immune.

Mod Cape - +20 (Torso, neck)
Req: Moderator
Special: Passive: Negates damage of next attack on self after Banhammer special is used, except from anything that is immune to Banhammer special.
_____
Stage One??? | Stage Two | Stage Three

• 1,025 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, all of the questions you asked were pretty good questions, so you can answer your own questions so we have an idea? Unless it doesn't work that way.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

"Why did no one look for a second door in chamber 1 of the Ganticombs?"

It's easy to prime someone to a certain thought pattern. Like with this where you get infinite lives, I was certain someone would tempt death. Or that melee weapons had a better average damage dice, but no one took a ranged weapon. Sometimes I make threads with that in mind. I just don't understand why no one activated One-turn Invincibility. That is the one question I don't have an answer for.

I mean, if you look at the Redactive Shield description, it doesn't say it needs to be called out, nor does it say that anywhere in the OP. I figured "active" meant it happened automatically. That's probably why no one ever called it out.

Then why would I have Passive Special? I think I assumed that being on a flash game site that the difference between passive and active skills would be apparent.

Details below:

Who is Murmas Balecod?
Murmas Balecod is a travelling merchant who was present in each trial provided you stumbled across or activated him. He has various wares for barter. A few of the things you found or didn't find were junk items intended for trade with Murmas Balecod. Also, Murmas Balecod is incredibly annoying and refers to himself in the third person and has this incredibly rare yellow vial of liquid.

TRIAL I
An alternative to asking the gopher for the stone would have been to kill the gopher for the stone. Had you killed the gopher, you would have activated a wolf pack, similar to the bandits. From this you could have come across Murmas Balecod and traded the animal skins, assuming you took them.

TRIAL II
The bandit battle could have been avoided by giving them something, but you'd be forced to sneak around or perform other underhanded stuff to get inside the Academy.

Hekatonarithmos was activated by R2D21999, because you're supposed to be quiet in the library. Instead, There were no less than two people shouting and making noise. Hekatonarithmos's HP is tied to Count to 100. The name roughly translates to 100 Numbers. The more posts in that thread, the higher his HP got. Were you incredibly lucky and used everything you had, you might've beat him, but his HP was ridiculously high, yet people still kept trying to attack him.

There was more Armor and Weapons inside of the Academy had you not woken Hekatonarithmos and had time to thoroughly loot the place.

Was it lucky that you didn't come across his brother Hekatonakmos?
Maybe. His attack banned people for silly reasons, which would sit you out of the battle for X amount of turns. His HP would be tied to You're banned.

I can't believe you guys lost the glasses that identify stuff. When you look at something there was an asterisk next to special things that could use a closer examination.

If you somehow collected the poison stag tears, you would have activated Murmas Balecod again who can barter for wares.

TRIAL III
You guys managed to get through the first part pretty quickly, because of a lot of lucky rolls. The second part, you could have killed the wizard for his staff so that you had a magic weapon to use. Sure, most of you would die, and there is some magickry that would make the battle harder, but think of the loot! Another alternative, would be to present the silver trinket to the wizard, which was a wizard gaming piece that looks like a bell (which you would have known had you still had the glasses). Going through that route would have activated Murmas Balecod again.

Who is Bellinwoe? And why was he not restored?
Bellinwoe is another wizard who played a wizard game against the above wizard and lost. His spirit inhabits the spear after being cursed by said wizard for being a sore loser for chucking his game piece when he lost. The wizard would not have recognized him because that's not his original cursed body. As a malevolent spirit, he is an enemy to everything and gained more power with the more kills the spear had. With enough kills, he would have been a serious problem for StormWalker.

TRIAL IV
If you considered sailing away from the island instead of whisking yourselves away by teapot genie, you would have come across... Murmas Balecod on his first overseas trading venture (assuming you had the rusty coins), but you didn't miss anything else here.

TRIAL V
Why did no one have a ranged weapon? Melee weapons were stronger on average.

The white rabbit could have been killed if you could actually reach him. Sure, everything in Arnabi would probably kill you for trying, but they won't, because their god can fight his own battles and win, because he's their god. With the initial blast of the ban cannon, the long charging time, Redactive Shield protection, Ascendent Sword damage bonus, and a Golden Carrot Stick (assuming you could get him to ground) he'd be an easier enemy than Hekatonarithmos. Sure, he'd be invincible for a turn after each ban, but after that it's fair game.

Where was Murmas Balecod?
If someone decided to go through the bureaucracy of the Desk Rabbit, they would have ended up with finished paperwork waiting in some line somewhere right behind Murmas Balecod.

Who are Yozen and Hilayo?
Who are they indeed.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I can't believe you guys lost the glasses that identify stuff.
Everybody glare at Matt. (glares)

I want to know what Jack War the Jaguar gained from eating hearts.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I want to know what Jack War the Jaguar gained from eating hearts.

Nothing. He just thought it was cool. Also, it was foreshadowing for the ever-beating heart that apparently no one wanted to eat.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Also, it was foreshadowing for the ever-beating heart that apparently no one wanted to eat.
I meant to get around to it, but it wasn't a pressing concern. Would that have done anything?
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I meant to get around to it, but it wasn't a pressing concern. Would that have done anything?

It would have eliminated incapacitation, so you're either dead or alive. That's effectively 10 extra HP.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Also, it was foreshadowing for the ever-beating heart that apparently no one wanted to eat.

I was thinking about it.

As a malevolent spirit, he is an enemy to everything and gained more power with the more kills the spear had. With enough kills, he would have been a serious problem for StormWalker.

Well, whoops.

Did we ever meet Yozen & Hilayo and not know it, or were they present outside of the game?

Also, what was the purpose of the vial of yellow liquid?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Didn't know we could do that, and again there was no real combat past the second Trial. By the time we got to Arbani, we were being killed instantly by wolves and threatened by a super cannon on a flying robot.

There was no combat in Trial IV at all except StormWalker being bloodthirsty.

Trial III had combat possibilities, but you guys were too afraid to initiate on the wizard when it was 6 or 7 vs. 1, even if the wizard did lots of damage.

But somehow didn't stop attacking the Bunnillion of the God of Misfortune that could insta-kill you. I find that odd. A heavy-hitting wizards vs. instakill and you guys choose insta-kill. Even against Hekatonarithmos, who effectively had an instakill, you guys thought it was a good idea to fight it, but not some wizard that hits really hard. That doesn't make any sense to me.

. If they were vital to the rest of the game (which apparently they were), it seems kind of ridiculous that they could be lost so easily.

For people going into this blind, those glasses were really, really useful. I wouldn't have nonchalantly put something so useful on an NPC with self-esteem issues and then decided to tease said NPC with self-esteem issues. I really wasn't expecting anyone to do that, but a coincidence of two different people doing too different things led to an extremely undesirable outcome.

I've noticed that several of these options involve dying lots of times, secret enemy buffs and luck

I didn't exactly expect those outcomes. I wasn't even expecting Murmas Balecod past the first Trial, but nobody activated him, because you surprisingly weren't bloodthirsty enough to stomp the gopher and forcibly take the gopher stone.

For the record, if something kills me over and over again, it usually means I'm doing something wrong and/or shouldn't be fighting. I mean, seriously. IF we could reach the white rabbit IF everything else didn't kill us IF we had the Ban Cannon, Redactive Shield, Ascension Sword and Golden Carrot Stick (IF he was within range) IF we survive his invincibility turns then "it would be fair game."

At the end, when faced with possible utter annihilation, I was expecting a better attempt than a 20:1 long shot of throwing coins at the cannon. The safe method would've been everyone eating the grass, but it was still possible to beat him. You guys thought attacking Hekatonarithmos was a good idea. Invincibility only lasts one turn and the cannon takes a minimum of 5 turns to charge assuming all 5 rolls are 20s. Average is ~9.5 rolls, so you can get maybe eight or nine rounds of no invincibility, but I think we were past that when we decided to skip ahead.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Did we ever meet Yozen & Hilayo and not know it, or were they present outside of the game?

No. They were just hanging out somewhere in Arnabi in the same bureaucratic line as Murmas Balecod getting paperwork submitted.

Also, what was the purpose of the vial of yellow liquid?

Vial of yellow liquid and yellow vial of liquid are two different things. If I typed it correctly, the item was a yellow vial of liquid and it contained a bit of immortality serum. I'm assuming someone, probably R2D21999, would've been crazy enough to drink it if you guys actually got your hands on it. (The glasses would've been useless for identifying it.) If you handed it over in Arnabi, you basically force the final solution to eating grass, if you discovered that eating grass turns you into a rabbit.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Is there a special rewards for not being deleted? Was it possible for the God of Misfortune to be killed? Did the Desk Rabbit have a name, and would it give us anything for bringing it the yellow vial of liquid?
Also, is there any significance that the first location and Arnabi were described similarily?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is there a special rewards for not being deleted?

Tune in next time for Utterly Random And Probably Crazy.

Was it possible for the God of Misfortune to be killed?

No.

Did the Desk Rabbit have a name

Desk Rabbit is Gantic.
Robot Rabbit is Gantic.
White Rabbit is Gantic.
Buff Rabbit is Gantic.
Seraph Rabbit is Gantic.
King Rabbit is Gantic.

, and would it give us anything for bringing it the yellow vial of liquid?

The choice for salvation from deletion.

Also, is there any significance that the first location and Arnabi were described similarily?

To signify that it was the end.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You could have compensated by making the gopher a stubborn, obstinate fellow, because I assure you that at least one of us (probably strom) would have immediately attempted to kill him.

He was mouthy and talking back/talking down to StormWalker and I think StormWalker already ordered R2D21999 to beat him up, but R2D2199 didn't do that before red303 politely asked for the gopher stone.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

R2D2199 didn't do that

Dangit R2 you should've beaten him up

Tune in next time for Utterly Random And Probably Crazy.

Ooo, when can this be expected?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Ooo, when can this be expected?

Next month maybe? At least enough time to discover secret items before the game even starts.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Should we be expecting some mysterious threads, or will the secret items be more subtle? I assume that we are the ones discovering them, after all.

Secret items as in you will get items if you figure something out before I tell you what it is. The things you need to figure out will be subtle. There is currently one thing open to figure out. Other things will give items like participating in this thread and one for not being deleted. Also, while I had little to do with it (Ferret was the mastermind.), Easter Event will also count.

Showing 1006-1020 of 1025