ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHome Brewed

4 4313
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I have been percolating making this thread for a while now, as the art of brewing includes making soda, beer and wine. If anyone would like to make some of their own then they can do a quick search on home brewing, buy a book or get active with local home brewers. Instead I will be posting image's or comments on my own projects and see how it turns out. Please note that this thread may be locked or deleted at any time, if things don't pan out well.

Now to open with my current project "ROOT BEER!" I made a batch of root beer a total of 3 1/2 gallons.

http://i.imgur.com/kH5j5cO.jpg

My apologies for the dark picture, my fridge light is broken. These bottles are in my fridge, I already bottled all but 1 gallon which I am allowing to ferment and make hard root beer.

http://i.imgur.com/8tmq8ot.jpg

My first time trying to make hard root beer. My prognosis is that at the end of the fermentation process, the fluid will be clear.

• 4 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Thank goodness it's just rootbeer! I was afraid of having to ban a brother lol

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Not a true brewer until you make some 200 proof moonshine amirite.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@Freakenstein I put a lot of thought into this as to not overstep any boundaries

@Riptizoid101 that would require a distiller which is at a completely different level, I wouldn't even classify it as brewing.

HERE is another post I made awhile back with blackberry soda

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I put a lot of thought into this as to not overstep any boundaries

See, for some strange reason, I did not read any text except "home brewed" and thought "oh no, he's making drugs, I better stop this". Then I scroll down and see root beer. Not the best insight I've had in the world tonight.

Not a true brewer until you make some 200 proof moonshine amirite.

Don't think moonshine can get that high, but chlorophyll and Everclear can!

Showing 1-4 of 4